• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Finally tending to my meager inventory this afternoon, an ominous questions presents itself:

• Is there a special way to un-imprison lapels from the scourge of stapled tags?

• Can this bell be un-rung?
  • Or am I just immaculately
    foo.gif
    cked here?
90% of the stuff I get as staples and never had an issue. I have found that the nail file on a nail clipper works best. One with a flat end works better then the curved pointy end. Just flip the back side prongs up and then pull it though.

Like this not this
large%20nail%20clippers..gif

Quote: Why are you such a jerk tben, just answer the mans question. Here you go http://ThriftStoreSearch.net/Vancouver

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Double H, thanks BP. :D

I have enough staples to try both methods.

Xenos

Reaction score
A few ties:

Prada, Armani NWT, Armani, Zegna, Hilditch & Key

Stefano Ricci, Prada, Valentino NWT

Pink, Turnbull & Asser, Dior

But . . . .

This has got to be a frankentie, right? Straight fake, no?

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dig's edit: Hold all calls! Wheeling and dealing beyond what I expected is occurring.

Hey SFTOT/DSBT!

Who's up for some SW&D?

I could not find the size/content/counrty of origin/care instruction tag anywhere on these jeans. I hope they're not counterfeit. Who fakes N&F? I compared them to a pair of 42's from the rack and these were about two inches smaller so I'm guessing these are either 38 or 40 waist. Regardless, I have included pictures with measurements. I picked these up on the off chance that someone here might want them at my cost ($8) plus shipping ($6?) and whatever you feel they might be worth as long as it's less than $10.

Recently compared to Canali!
rolleyes.gif

IMG_20121113_170530.jpg

No visible fading, wrinkling or whiskers!
IMG_20121113_170906.jpg

Low rise!
IMG_20121113_170600.jpg

IMG_20121113_170716.jpg

Selvedge, baybee!

IMG_20121113_170806.jpg

A little pilling in the pockets.
IMG_20121113_170942.jpg

About 18.5 to 19 inches across the back waist.

IMG_20121113_170630.jpg

IMG_20121113_170642.jpg

Long ast inseam!

IMG_20121113_170843.jpg

If you're interested, get at me, bro!

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
A few ties:
Prada - Solid Navy - Skinny??
nest.gif

A common mistake which I have made myself - Can anyone verify this...Everyone knows the Robert Graham script but the R&G is a lower end line, but still real, no which says Knowledge Wisdom Truth. The R&G New York / London is a knock off brand.

Real Skeet vs Fake Skeet

REAL

FAKE

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
90% of the stuff I get as staples and never had an issue. I have found that the nail file on a nail clipper works best. One with a flat end works better then the curved pointy end. Just flip the back side prongs up and then pull it though.

Like this not this
large%20nail%20clippers..gif

Why are you such a jerk tben, just answer the mans question. Here you go http://ThriftStoreSearch.net/Vancouver

lol8[1].gif

guyver00

Reaction score
Lower Mainland's thrift stores suck, there's your answer :D

Disclaimer: I'm in Vancouver too, so less competition for me. :slayer: But seriously, the stuff that I've come across is mostly crap, compare to what other SFers find in the States.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lower Mainland's thrift stores suck, there's your answer
biggrin.gif

Disclaimer: I'm in Vancouver too, so less competition for me.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
But seriously, the stuff that I've come across is mostly crap, compare to what other SFers find in the States.

Perhaps because Canadians are less wasteful than Americans?

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think it's about traing your eyes and putting inhe hours. With the level of disposable income in Vancouver, there has to be stuff out there.

Just for perspective, I found a Hermes tie in Red Deer. (That's for the Canadians out there).

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think it's about traing your eyes and putting inhe hours. With the level of disposable income in Vancouver, there has to be stuff out there.

Just for perspective, I found a Hermes tie in Red Deer. (That's for the Canadians out there).

I'm not Canadian, but my wife is. We were in Red Deer just a couple of weeks ago.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pm SENT!!!
seriously if anyone else PM'S dig about those N&F's, you're going to have an angry mexican COMING STRAIGHT AT YOU. :fence: :box:

You are slow :D but you can have it.

guyver00

Reaction score
Perhaps higher disposable income might mean more Vancourites are consuming more, but when it comes to menswear, it's pretty miserable here. AE and AF tees with jeans or shorts seem to be the standard uniform in the land of Lululemon and Yoga.

Maybe I just need to visit the thrift stores in more affluent areas, such as Kits, Point Grey or West End. OTOH I had a lot of luck in Victoria, a city filled mostly with retirees. I've found a Belvest DB SC and Burberry tweed SC with throat latch there. Probably one of my best finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads