1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejay1

ejay1 Senior member

Good point.
    Now what would you guys say if you initially became a sf member because of coming across this very fine informative thread and after joining sf, you respectfully and meaningfully contributed 99% of all your sf posts to this thread. Then for no apparently valid reason, you have your private messages function disabled and lost all abilities to post in any sf thread, essentially forcing you to only be a logged-in member lurker?

Sorry guys, I don't mean to add bullshit here but can a moderator/administrator look into why I was banned? (ejay415) I sent several messages thru the feedback contact form without response.
    I read the TOS and I didn't violate anything listed there but I know SF has the right to suspend or disable anyone's account at their sole discretion.
    But really, was my last post such an egregious one to merit getting banned? Was it because I didn't trade or sell some of my posted items to certain members who messaged me?
    Yeah I know I was fairly new here and my post count was small compared to a lot of you, but it sucks to have to start over again- and maybe get banned again.

2. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

I think I'm going to take the next few hours snapping some pictures to post [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

I only ever find pocket squares at the more boutique/antique type shops - never at GW or VV. Do you find them with women's scarves, or are there Goodwill stores that actually display pocket squares next to ties?

4. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

Hey man,
    I'm in Seattle, so I'll keep my eyes open for size 34 stuff for you. You'll at least have dibs on anything that's too small for Brian Pore! ;)

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Hey now. Careful, that's borderline slogan infringement.

6. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

:lurk:

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

8. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

See the 2012 Cheapies (the winners there were ALL about how much the items were worth and/or sold for)... This thread has been all about BRAGGING and FLIPPING for as long as I've been a member (a little over a year now).

As one who flips for some extra cash, I have absolutely no problem with flipping talk in this thread. It's just a small part of why I hang out here.... The "brotherhood" aspect helps as well. We all share some common interests, if not a sense of style. This thread is the crossroads between the MC and SWAD sides of this site. I come here to see what you guys are interested in, and it surely has influenced my sense of style, even if I still wear shorts and a t-shirt most of the time when I'm not working. And yes, I do occasionally sell stuff that I post here. Most of the stuff I post here, though, is for my own use or made available to the bros here...

The vast majority of the "stuff I flip" would be lost on most of the folks here, so I don't post it....

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

And here I think I'm being bad by ordering a new DSLR body with my flipping proceeds... Should be arriving today! It's gonna be awesome to have a better camera when I go to the east coast and Europe in July!

10. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

I wonder what the VICE people would think of Spoo and DM7. Da gangstaz of thrift

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Speaking of actually thrifting stuff... I hit up three shops this morning and came out fairly empty handed. I'm starting to collect these LL Bean Norwegian Heritage sweaters...

-LL Bean Womens Heritage Norwegian Wool Sweater -Large (available)
    -Clan Douglas (for Nordstroms) Cashmere Vest, navy blue -Mens Large (available)
    -Oboz hiking boots (waterproof) -Mens 10 and Mens 8 (mens 8 are not pictured) -available

[​IMG]

12. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Spoo's got some competition....
    [​IMG]

13. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Why, do tell!?
    Winter is coming. Episode 8 just came out!
    Pfftt, prolly just a rental.

14. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Kinda dull day

Faconnable wool/cashmere dual vented shacket w/ suede elbow patches. Is this pattern birdeye?
    [​IMG]

PRL Italy herringbone utility shirt, more leather patches + smoked MOP buttons. Does Corneliani do PRL Italy's shirts as well?
    [​IMG]

some trousers

AG (for a friend)
    [​IMG]

Save Khaki - I bought these for a buddy who just lost a bunch of weight but I after this picture I think they might be women's :embar:
    [​IMG]

Allsaints
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know this brand? I'm keeping the tie as I like the pattern and hand. Seems like it was a Filene's brand?
    [​IMG]

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Russells are very well made and made pretty close to me. Pretty sought after too. Nice find! Those boots = :drool:
    Awesome story and gorgeous ride! Well done! I'm super envious of that car..... :worship:
    Glad to see you're still thrifting! Nice finds as well. :cheers:
    Very well put! I'm also very happy to read that your new direction in life is going well. That's what matters really is your happiness. Kudos!

16. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Today's Finds:

Barney's New York, has a small snag I clipped off but I'm keeping it for myself.
    Duchamp Made in England....this thing might be the skeet blanket of ties

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Size 36 NOS Polo Shorts...Made in the US and still have the "Inspected By" sticker on the inside...available

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Dayum, that Duchamp is going to be hot on d'bay fosho.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Stopped at GW to donate some stuff...

Picked up a Luciano Barbera tie (a first for me) and an EZ shirt (L, 43). Both available.

[​IMG]

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wait, hes going to sell those? For money? The nerve.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.