1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

CCP? I want to move to LA now.

2. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Wandering the women's section when I spy this on the rack of clothes people have tried on and left behind...
    [​IMG]
    The slick pattern is what grabbed my eye and told me to take a closer look.

[​IMG]
    A good sign.

[​IMG]
    No vents, but if you can rock this, you don't need em.

[​IMG]
    Buttons- Frosty.

Let's head inside...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anyone seen that printed in black instead of blue? Is this that made in Italy tag?

Made for some gent named
    [​IMG]
    This one.

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Had a boys day today, took my two sons to our first estate sale and was fairly stoked by some of the buys. Also found out my youngest is a great negotiator [​IMG]We found 3 large buckets of Legos, and carried them downstairs. The guy asked for $30 for all of them and my son looks crestfallen and says no he is going to put them back and the guy gave him ~10lbs of Legos for $20. I found a few things for myself:

100% Cashmere scarf and a J&M shoe tree + generic shoe tree which prompted the question from the wife why I need 14 sets of shoe trees...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Suit valet not sure what type of wood, maple I believe. Not really sure why I bought this...
    [​IMG]

Also found 2 Samsonite Garment bags, 1 OK condition and the other brand new. Which is great because I made my first trip recently in my new position at work and drove down to New Jersey and covered my dress clothes with a f*ing Hefty Bag.

We then took a trip over to my favorite Savers, not really much. I found a couple chinos (1 Banana Republic and 1 J Crew) for myself.

Brooks Brothers Slacks Tan wool 34"W 29"I
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zanella Tan 33"W 29I"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charcoal Zanella 35"W 31 1/2"I
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 Canali sport shirt
    [​IMG]

1 Nerf gun for the kids $3

Then finally what I have been searching for, a decent leather briefcase. Butter soft leather, only issue is a broken zipper and a scuff below that. Not sure if I can have that fixed but I can live with it, it is better than a back pack with a jacket or suit on. Getting a $500 briefcase for $8... Priceless
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

More details from my thrift on Friday with the 2 D&G jackets, kris van assche and Corneliani. Here's pics of all but the Corneliani, becuase that bitch is already resting in my closet - I actually found a fray in it, so I can't sell it anyways. Good enough for me though. The rest are going up here or on the bay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not sure if a tie is appropriate for this pic, but I had about 13 suits and sc's to shoot today and didn't feel like changing it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Most of my B's are of that script but in blue. I have seen ones in black before. This was made in what? 80's?

6. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

:nodding:

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

8. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

9. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Ian, that fits you great. Well done. You need a cummerbund or vest, though. It's not OK to go without your waistband covered with a SB tux. And you need better shoes, too, but that's already been said.
    Bro, that jacket is not good. Those lapels are dated, and not in a good way. If you had them narrowed it might be better, but it's probably not worth spending that kind of money on what's probably a polyester jacket, if it's washable. Sorry. :confused: Oh, but the cufflink box is awesome!

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

11. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

12. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Forgot to mention cummerbund is at the cleaners also I looked up some polishing tips and now the shoes are very shiny so I owe you guys some updated photos when everything is finally all together and I have good picture taken at ball these were just photos to show fit mostly

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

I made my first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro Super Sport fund today. :slayer:

5 people like this.
  14. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

Thought I read "first deposit into my 1969 Chevy Camaro"
    I was like [​IMG]
    then saw "fund" [​IMG]

at least you're getting there!

15. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I have one of these too (from a thrift). Mine has a grooved shelf at the top to put your cufflinks, change, watch etc. Also, I read somewhere that after a long day, you should let your suit jacket rest to it can air itself out. Your pants, too. A few recent finds: 4x Hermes tiez. The bunny and the dove one have some stains, which I’m hoping my drycleaner can take out. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    NWOT PRL jeans. How do I know they’re NWOT? The front button still had that protective cap thing. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Black suede Church’s hand made in fine shape. Tagged 9M. Made in Italy, though. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Staple minty white PRL dress shirt with the cursive writing. Gr8 Mops. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Versace tie. First ever at a thrift(!) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Recent E Zegna tie. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Never really noticed that these Zegna ties have this stitching in the back of the neck. Very cool. [​IMG]

16. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Got into a sold out basketball game that way before. Those little crumbsnatchers come in handy sometimes....

17. suited

suited Senior member

You would love my Uncle's garage. He has a bunch of classics, some have never seen rain. I know he has a 69 COPO and he might have a Yenko. Been a while since I've had a look at them.

18. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Can anyone ID this Italy maker?
    It's pretty crappy but for $8 that fits like a glove it will make a decent bar hoping coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  19. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

I passed on this, but I also want to make sure that it was the right decision

[​IMG]

Prada
    [​IMG]

EZ in some of the softest damn cotton ever. Does anyone know the name for cottons that basically feel like silk? I've run into it on Brioni before so I figure it's something I don't know about.
    [​IMG]

ACNE flannel, lightweight & MOP buttons
    [​IMG]

Haberdash (by Gitman) - these are basically Gitman vintage shirts without the tag.
    [​IMG]

Oxxford colorful check
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. rhz5001

rhz5001 Senior member

Marith Francois+ Girbaud Selvedge Denim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]