1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

JPG might not have quite the panache it used to, but it's still a pretty cool find. If you don't feel like flipping and those measure anywhere near a 34/32-infinity, get at me.

2. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Wasn't going to go anywhere this weekend (lack of funds till payday) but the lady was insistent we go somewhere today. A couple fall finds that are available

Vintage Woolrich Buffalo Check (size Small)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hudsons Bay Wool Jacket (fits like a medium. This might be a women's with the purple lining of the sleeves but who knows. buttons the mens way)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found my first Duchamp but passed because it was a total clown tie (and in not that good shape)
    [​IMG]

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ you done left 50 bucks on the table.

1 person likes this.
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

can we also give silverwarebandit a prize for the best groomed nails ive seen ever in this thread?

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Whoops.....that was probably a bad pass. How bad is "not that good of shape"? Show him the evidence Spoo...

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. los_face

los_face Well-Known Member

Right back at you! Great jacket going to a great home...hope it worked out well at the wedding
    +1. I learned this the hard way a while back and dumped way more $$$ into a thrifted suit to make it look just ok when i should have just flipped it and picked up a better fitting suit which needed less alterations in the first place (trying to make a 41L into a 40R/S was an expensive mistake)
    Thrift/mudder synergy is strong...i earned my shirt on Saturday as well... [​IMG] I thrifted and posted this old barbour (pre-liddesdale?) about 6 months ago but thought it deserved a re-post...it was in rough shape when i og picked it up. 60% of the quilting coming undone, patch hanging on by one side but it was a barbour and i couldn't pass it up. Wore it for a few weeks in the fall then called Barbour CS to see if i could pay to rescue the piece. Long story short I shipped my jacket to Barbour and they re-quilted the entire thing for FREE (re-wax is a different story from what i hear)...a bit weak on the CS communication but all in all i was shocked and happy that they stood behind their product. Will definitely be picking up any and all barbour i see no matter the condition [​IMG] [​IMG] Still recovering from the mudder but a quick casual 100% thrift fit from mother's day [​IMG] [​IMG] Barney's coop knit cardigan Made in Italy BB v neck private member summer chinos John Varvatos USA suede chukka boots

2 people like this.
  7. ilikethelights

ilikethelights Senior member

Damn it. Stitching in the middle was kind of pulling apart.

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

So...does this qualify as a suitable wedding tie?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

I have the same tie!

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Was sad to let some of these blazers go, but they were purchased in poor condition only for their buttons. The golden fleece was the hardest to do.

The harvest.....

Golden Fleece BB Makers
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Wimbledon Order of the Garter
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. mainy

mainy Senior member

i am a ninja. yeah, surprisingly good find for right now, these are seriously the dog days, basically a waste of gas a lot of the time

OH AND SHAMELESS PLUG:
    matt and i have a huge thread in B&S selling all the venanzi we got when he was in town, for seriously thrifty prices. I will hook you up if you want some of it.

12. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

I bought a few for the buttons but haven't had the heart to harvest them yet. I know that they are set for my dog's crate when the buttons come off... He has amazing taste in clothing... :)

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

Los_Face, I thrifted that same barbour a few months ago, it has since become one of my most used articles of clothing. Perfect for that transition weather. :slayer:

14. meister

meister Senior member

[​IMG]

Lovely if for sale I would be interested. PM me.

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

So many awesome finds, way too many to comment on so I will just say this: keep it up, guys! :slayer:

+1. Dallas is a goldmine, If you're not finding the good stuff, you're not doing it right.

+1. Definitely would have grabbed at thrift prices.

16. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

17. col1

col1 New Member

Thanks for the feedback, as much as I have wanted a canali for a while I belive that there is just 2 much to do and as I am just starting out in trying to build a nice wardrobe on a budget any tailor I would use I cannot even be sure of the quality of the work .

Oh well onto Ebay it goes

Thanks again guys

18. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

[​IMG]

I had pretty much the same thought!

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  19. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Xacus, cotton linen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]