• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm impatient as hell, so I think I'm going to send my gift out tomorrow. It'll be more like a secret Thanksgiving gift ... or something like that.

Me too, maybe with a note on the package stating do not open until Christmas. :devil:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Me too, maybe with a note on the package stating do not open until Christmas. :devil:

FTFY

Me too....I already gave my wife one of her Christmas gifts...I suck at waiting.

I'm the same. My wife and I have the exact same birthday and it's in November, so from now until Christmas I often give in and give her gifts early. I'm going to try to hold out this year and I just bought her something today...

Ralph Lauren silk dress, made in Italy.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Nice!

Same year and everything?

She's one year older and I try not to remind her. :happy: In the past, we've tried to say "let's not do birthday gifts," but that rarely works. This year I had forgotten that we bought tickets to see Muse and that was going to be our birthday gift. Oh well, I might be off on the size anyway.

Message for my Secret Santa: I will open that **** right away. 

Haha, I have the feeling most people will probably do the same and then pretend that they opened it on the correct day.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FTFY

Me too....I already gave my wife one of her Christmas gifts...I suck at waiting.

Funny, my wife's birthday is in December. She asked me to keep an eye out for her for this type of brooch she way looking at in the Hermes? catalog. I didn't find a Hermes piece, but I did find a sweet antique carved ivory and 14k gold version that's cooler than the one she was looking at in my opinion. I had a couple drinks in me and decided I couldn't wait until December to give it to her. :facepalm: Needless to say, she loved it. :end rant

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Funny, my wife's birthday is in December. She asked me to keep an eye out for her for this type of brooch she way looking at in the Hermes? catalog. I didn't find a Hermes piece, but I did find a sweet antique carved ivory and 14k gold version that's cooler than the one she was looking at in my opinion. I had a couple drinks in me and decided I couldn't wait until December to give it to her. :facepalm: Needless to say, she loved it. :end rant

Well done! Did you ever post pictures of it??

ahk11

Reaction score
Recently picked up a similiar coat, but not sure if it is their uber BB quality. Filled a niche in my wardrobe as it is car length. At dry cleaners right now.
DSC04384.jpg

Coat helped me strike up a conversation with an asian chick while on line. She asked if it was Burberry's due to the lining. I lied and said, "I wish". No digits, though
angry.gif

I thrifted that same coat a while ago, but in Khaki. I love mine, nice find!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: Hi all, thanks for the well wishes and don't expect to hear from the NYC/NJ people for another few days. Still have TONS of trees and power lines all over the roads. Sitting in my local Starbucks (20 miles) as that's the closest place with power/internet and power strips "through the roof". Did get a few PM's off with a generator charged cell phone, but been trying to save on the battery. Nice to catch up on the 250+ posts! I missed all you guys
inlove.gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hi all, thanks for the well wishes and don't expect to hear from the NYC/NJ people for another few days. Still have TONS of trees and power lines all over the roads. Sitting in my local Starbucks (20 miles) as that's the closest place with power/internet and power strips "through the roof".  Did get a few PM's off with a generator charged cell phone, but been trying to save on the battery. Nice to catch up on the 250+ posts! I missed all you guys:inlove: .

Glad to hear that everything's (relatively) okay for you! There was an article here about gas shortages in your area. Are they making progress as far as restoring power? More importantly, are you going to hit the stores :D

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Glad to hear that everything's (relatively) okay for you! There was an article here about gas shortages in your area. Are they making progress as far as restoring power? More importantly, are you going to hit the stores
biggrin.gif
No stores for me till Saturday. The local few local stores I usually go to are closed (no power) and I don't want to drive too far due to the lack of gas. Most stations are just closed due to no power to work the pumps and the few (I've seen 1 open) had a cop car sitting next to it with a mile plus line of cars down the road. Power in my town was 100% down yesterday and only 87% down today, so progress, yes, but very very slow.

Don't worry, my secrete santa won't suffer as I've started early before the storm

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coach belt, black, 38

Trafalgar belt, brown, 36

Sea Island Cotton, so I assume they're good to go. Tagged 16 R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics