1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Eazye, by chance are you still waiting on that perfect beige DB as well? Deets tonight.

All, I know I have been a slacker lately. I promise I will put up some pics of stuff soon.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Under the 6010, what's that say? Starts with 62?

3. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Day 2 thrifting think I'm getting the hang of this still in the field...[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. eddievddr10

Levi's nwt 501z jeans worth grabbing for 20?

5. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Although it almost feel demeaning to be posting these after a NWT Cucinelli for $9.99....Two decent finds over lunch. An 1818 Fitzgerald and Madison Made in Italy in 44R. Both seem basically NWOT as the tags were still in the pockets along with the quality control inspectors tags. The Fitz might fit me but the Madison is available for trade. Fabrics in spoiler.

The Fitz is a medium grey with brown and white pinstripes, very subtle
    [​IMG]

The Madison is a dual vent, flat front in vitale barberis canonico fabric. I think this is known as birdseye? Overall look is a medium/navy blue.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. eddievddr10

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

yes

8. brianG

brianG Senior member

Size? I'd be interested if they are 34! [​IMG]

9. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

I love them. They are a bit pricey, but I saw them for $20 off and had to go for it since they are so versatile and I just couldn't find anything similar at the thrifts (although I did pay for them with thrift funds).

Fit is slim, which might work better for you than for me and my supersized thighs (hence the current round of Insanity).

Here's the link to the exact pair: http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/vbc-super-120s-flannel-pants-light-gray

That's what I'm thinking, but I just don't know enough about ancient shoes to help figure the maker. Thanks.

6295. there is also a "letter / letter" the left, might be A/C, but I can't be sure. Here is a slightly better pic:

[​IMG]

10. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Also - $9.99 for NWT Cucinelli! Awesome find, Eddie. Perhaps some karma for the Tom Ford fiasco?

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I figured as much. Explains why I never find any good records at thrift stores anymore....

NWT to boot?! Killing it! :slayer:

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

13. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

15. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Sweet!

I haven't hit the stores as much recently but here's what I've managed to scrounge up:

Shell shoes x2. Prior to these past few weeks, I've only found 1 pair of shells in my entire thrifting career. But I've found 4 shell shoes in the span of 3 to 4 weeks (!). 1st is a pair of Barrie LTD PTBs. Sze 9.5 D/B. These have been recently resoled b/c the leather sole looks newish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Bostonian shells, i think. Will look good cleaned up. 10.5C:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Minty staple Thos Pink slim fit shirts in my size. N/A. Still had the original collar stays
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Staple solid navy H Freeman MTM Navy suit. 44Rish. Tag sez it was ordered/made in 2010 so relatively recent. Tentatively unavailable as it's been offered to an SFer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Only the 2nd Ben silver tie I've found. NWT (!).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S. Ferragamo horse racing tie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Interesting stop at Savers today... Only went because I had to go the Post Office around the corner.

Finds:
    3x NWT Burberry London dress shirts (pink ones are 15.5L, white one is 16L)
    1x Ermenegildo Zegna sport shirt (XL)
    2x Diesel Leather jackets (womens large)
    1x Goorin flat cap (my size)
    1x Tori Richard Hawaiian shirt (my size... my favorite find, of course!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Super slow around here. Who is going to post the next RLPL 3 piece suit??? Certainly not me but I did pick up this Oxxford Blazer 44XL and this Versace tie which I am not sure if authentic. I know which Dior ties to not buy but a little lost with Versace.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Mad props to S_allen_P once again, you should all be so lucky as to have someone else in your area on the lookout for things that fit you. He let me know that there were some shirts nearby in my size and sure enough I came up with two of these (could have been four, but I really don't need that many formal shirts in addition to the Turnbulls I've got.

First time I've grabbed the current label too. Zegna formal shirts, french cuffs, 18.5 x 37!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The linked shirt to the right is closest to mine, sans french cuffs and side pleats (which I prefer). http://store.zegna.com/us/ermenegildo-zegna/men/formal-shirt_cod38293424dc.html

He also managed to pick these up for me. (don't mind the succulent I'm rehabbing by the window before re-potting or the vintage tape/sticky notes on my tanker desk shelf, I like keeping it as it was).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are sick, love the leather insoles they have. Sadly, these are just a bit too big to make work. Still on the hunt for anything plain/common projectsy.

19. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

Nothing special, but I know how this thread likes deadstock: '80s NWT Kodiak boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. aglose

aglose Senior member

[​IMG]

Any idea on this label?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.