• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shout out to spoo for making the process painless
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
you are a great guy you sent me the initial split on paypal immediatley
fistbump.gif
even though I am a shady teenager and could have taken the money and left the forum and never bought the shoes
lol8[1].gif

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if you're serious, but I know not everyone's a pro at SF. I was courteous and gave him instructions on how to go about advertising.
Edited to add: I may have misunderstood "non-thread rage." I couldn't exactly tell if you were being genuine or not.

I was off by $1000. It's still a great sale and you can be happy with that. Sometimes, as you know, that's how they go! I've definitely struck out on a few that I felt should have gone higher than they did. Congratulations anyway, it is still a great sale and was a great find!

Yeah I was being serious. More or less thanking the thread for keeping calm and carrying on in this episode.

Oscarm58

Reaction score
Braved the maddening crowd this weekend.

BB Wool Herring Bone 3/2 44R

Dunhill Loden Green Wool 38

Charles Tyrwhitt

Couple of John Comfort ties

YSL Knit

Viyella Wool-Cotton Short Sleeved Shirt

BB & Zegna Ties

Just because- VintageLord Jeff Shetland Wool Pheasant Sweater

Almost forgot this one - Paul Stuart Grey pinstripe 46

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, Nat - I thought they would have got more too, but I cant complain. Ian, thats pretty much on par for what I thought on the first two.

Any profit is good profit, I always say... but the kick in the nuts is that I got a message from a buyer saying his computer spazzed and his bid didnt go in :fu:

Manofstyle85

Reaction score
Is it me or everybody else having problem uploading pics? I am trying to upload some pics of my 1936 Brooks Brothers yatch jacket.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, Nat - I thought they would have got more too, but I cant complain. Ian, thats pretty much on par for what I thought on the first two.
Any profit is good profit, I always say... but the kick in the nuts is that I got a message from a buyer saying his computer spazzed and his bid didnt go in :fu:

In the you-just-never-know department, I often flip jerseys. A couple months ago, I got $28 for a Kevin Garnett (Timberwolves, sorry Concealed) jersey. With less than an hour left in this week's auction, I have gotten exactly no bids for the exact same jersey.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it me or everybody else having problem uploading pics? I am trying to upload some pics of my 1936 Brooks Brothers yatch jacket.

Keep trying, I've been itching to see that puppy.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw it (you can click on the jpeg). That doesn't look like a yachting jacket to me. That looks like a formal jacket. Big difference. I might be mistaken, since I wasn't around in 1936, but I think that a yachting jacket is characterized by bold vertical stripes. What makes you think it's a yachting jacket?

Even if it is a formal jacket, it looks pretty darn cool.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No worries man. If I'm not in the red, I'm a happy camper! Thanks again! :slayer:

Just thought of this: Possible that the hurricane is slowing things down?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
sorry i didn't mean to sound like I was complaining I am greatful

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just thought of this: Possible that the hurricane is slowing things down?

I thought the opposite - people would be home hunkered down. No power losses yet.

sorry i didn't mean to sound like I was complaining I am greatful

Totally didnt insinuate that, you didnt sound like you were complaining at all. Just saying thats where I put them.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang.....I had no idea what to expect, even though my idea was the sky is the limit, but profit's profit.

Not to derail, but I recently consigned a couple of items with Spoo and I was overly joyed and excited with outcome. I think if it was anyone else, I would have made significantly less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads