• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Wow, those Drakes ties.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Spoo, I figure the vest is warm and is a decent down product, but it's ugly. I would suggest going after black or brown North Face vests if you want a modern one that you will probably find thrifting. Otherwise, I really like vintage ones as they come in muted earth tones. Look for brands like Gerry, Feathered Friends, Holubar, Sierra Designs, etc.

Found a few brands I hadn't seen to date.

Rogue's Gallery breton stripe shirt. Basic, made in Portugal, fits. (N/A)

Massimo Dutti cotton/cashmere zip/button pullover. Luxurious hand, might be NWT as it appears to have the safety pin that comes on a new piece still on the tag.

The most surprising find today was a pair of Unis chinos. Likely the Gio model as it's their most popular. Look to be a donation from a store as the content tag is cut and the Unis branding tag was removed. No idea who stocks Unis around these parts and this is the first pair I've handled in person. Easily as nice as Incotex, Outlier, Bill's, etc. Tagged size 34.

I would never pick up Gianfranco Ferre as most everything I've seen has been extremely dated or poorly made. These pants blow that expectation out of the water. There is some sort of retail tag still attached and one slight tear on the leg that I might be able to fix when I have them slimmed out. They're a super soft combed cotton blend that almost feels like cashmere. The coolest detail is the drawstring at the bottom of the leg, kinda like minimalist flight pants. They have the same sizing tag font as I've seen on other fine Italian brands, so they must've been made in a quality factory.

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a microbiologist but...
If a few days in a freezer kills bedbugs, why not try it with fungus?

Naaaah, nothing to worry about.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
I'm also not a fungus expert, but I struggle to find a correlation between someone having a fungal infection, presumably on their foot and somehow transferring that to their bag...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Actually....Lichen (a fungus) is one of the only organisms that can grow under snow and ice.

Wasnt that a character in Legend of Zelda or some other Nintendo RPG?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Drakes are SICK. I wish there was a NM or Marshalls around here. All we have is TJ Maxx chock full of Sean John.
:brick:

You've found drakes at Marshall's? I thought I remembered someone posting a pic of drakes with a tj maxx or Marshall's tag, but they never confirmed. I've never seen anything high end at the Marshall's near me, but I don't go very often.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ended up skipping the junior statesman thing today I went with our president to san fransisco, I was very suprised since he is very uptight and got a 2400 on his sat's I think if you do that you are not allowed to be cool but somehow he is. anyway we went to uniqlo I bought some socks and then we messed around by walking into financial district offices and pretending we were there for a job interview because we were wearing suits, needless to say we did not get a job XD anyway tried to thrift but found nothing but a golden fleece orphan in 10% cashmere 90% wool also it was black and 15 dollars
censored.gif
then we played a pick up game of basketball and won it helps that we are both 6 4' none of this really relates to thrifting that much but shout out to tben for the armani orphan it is the best fitting jacket I have ever owned, it has ALL the things, 3 roll 2 side vents ect I will post a thrift fit later but have to eat pizza because teenagers

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've found drakes at Marshall's? I thought I remembered someone posting a pic of drakes with a tj maxx or Marshall's tag, but they never confirmed. I've never seen anything high end at the Marshall's near me, but I don't go very often.

No, why would TJ Maxx ever sell Drake's??
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads