1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Any regulars want these (around a 42 waist) - cost + shipping ($10 total). Not sure how to list them as I dont know the brand (close to Incotex). Decent quality though! Denim like but in a dress pants cut.

Measure 21.5" waist by 29.5" inseam

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I've been on record many times saying diversity is the best aspect of our ecosystem. I don't know for sure who, if anyone, is gone, and whether it's for good or not. But I do agree being back on track is good.

3. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

MartiniGirl is welcome in this thread - welcome to post fitpics, finds, advice, banter, etc. and I won't complain. The only thing I took issue with was that some members here couldn't let her post without creepily flirting with her (and the whole "lol dm7 you must be gay" thing, but I'm willing to hope that was a one-time thing we can put behind us) so as long as everybody here can do their part to not creepily flirt with MartiniGirl, I'd like her to come back. She did know quite a bit.

4. DanM

DanM Senior member

Yeah, I wouldn't know nearly as much about Gianni Campagna (which has proven quite useful) if it hasn't been for her.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

And we'd all know a lot less about biology and nuclear physics if it wasn't for those race-cleansing Nazi scientists we hid after the war. Yay, diversity!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  6. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Lol yes on the other hand it is not that big a deal if there is one less person in the thread who knows about different Zegna tie lines, especially if they insist on being a giant dick. Time will tell!

1 person likes this.
  7. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

@eazye that triumph is badass!

lifestyle thrift fit

[​IMG]

Gant Rugger (thrifted)
    Haversack (rakuten @ 1/8th of retail)
    RRL (thrifted)
    clarks (thrifted)
    blinding paleness (free)

3 people like this.
  8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Whoah!, needs better pics of everything.

9. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

First off, anyone know what's up with iphoto uploads to photobucket? I bulk export photos from iphoto and they come out in different sizes. :censored:

Anyway, I'm only getting out once a week which is depressing but it does make me more focused when I go into a thrift store. Finds from this weekend, done amongst errands and grocery shopping.

This is the most interesting thing I've ever found. At first I thought it was a floppy cowboy hat that needed steaming and blocking but upon examining the label I think I've got a hassidic hat. It seems to have travelled from Italy, to Israel and then (maybe) on to Montreal, which has probably the largest Jewish community in Canada. What makes this interesting is that my city has a tiny Jewish community - and an even smaller percentage of it would be comprised of hasidim.

Oh, and I found this article from 2 years ago about hipsters adopting these hats. I'm not sure if that fad ever got legs under it.
    http://nymag.com/thecut/2011/05/black_hats_traditionally_worn.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wool, Made In England, driving cap. I understand that skinheads go for these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burberry Prorsum Trench/Mac with nova check

[​IMG]

Gloverall for fall.

[​IMG]

Minty vintage tartan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bally loafers

[​IMG]

Two RGs, one with lip stick on the collar. Maybe this was a product of house cleaning after a divorce!
    It was cheap enough that I'm gambling that the treatment takes it out.

[​IMG]

No name Made it Italy PS. Looks burgundy but it really a nice shade of purple

[​IMG]

Boss cotton jacket for the bay

[​IMG]

10. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

^^ the hat thing is still going [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I love this idea and the tux is for senior ball. All I need are some braces and cumberbund

12. danne888

danne888 Well-Known Member

Me and my girlfriend are going to Paris in two weeks and we are searching for good thrift stores to visit. Could you guys recomend some stores for both men and girl clothes? I have tried to Googled it but i just found recomendations for women clothing..

13. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

:facepalm:

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Haha, you sure pulled a crazy mistake! Still not really seeing why you were turned them away.
    How the hell did I miss this?! Wow! :slayer::slayer:
    +1. Hope she comes back...

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Prorsum??? Just looks like the older "Burberrys" logo to me which I pass a ton of....

16. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

All of this asskissery of Androfan is unseemly. Someone call him gay.

1 person likes this.
  17. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Yeah, that's just pre 2000's Burberry

18. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Here's the label:
    [​IMG]

I thought this was a Prorsum label/tag since it says Prorsum on it. Is there another kind of Prorsum label? I've seen black and blue rectangular labels that just say Burberry (minus the 's) and nothing else.

The coat also has the tag in it which I've never seen on other Burberry trenchs. It made me think it was an upper tier model.

[​IMG]

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Burberry Prorsum is the rare, fashion forward, runway, label-saving reboot line. You will know it by its trimness, its cleanness, its sexiness, and above all, its absence. It will not feature the traditional Burberry plaid -- that was abandoned after its unwitting association with the chavs, or hooligans.

20. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Well, you learn something every day. I'd seen similar trenches on ebay with Prorsum in the listing title.
    I'll still make money on this but it's good to get clarity.
    Thanks guys! :thumbs-up:

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.