• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towers

Reaction score

No, it is not their ******* job, and if you think that it is their ******* job, then you deserve to have your ******* tie fucked up. ****.

Clearly this is a raw nerve for you, if you are so unhappy about having to remove hangers from clothes for minimum wage you should consider unionizing or putting up signs that all hangers must be removed by patrons.

finds;
Canali coat in 40R, my size but available straight up for a barbour or a nice trench.
20121024_190324.jpg

Ebay, BB (available), Pringle (available), BB (N/A), BB (N/A)
20121024_190918.jpg

b1627f65_SpooSignal.gif
is this the right Versace? its un-wearably ugly but was cheap enough I don't mind throwing it out.
20121024_191049.jpg

CesarC

Reaction score
Also grabbed this pair of Ferragamos

Nice and narrow! Size / availability?

5. MUSEUM QUALITY Vintage 1930s De Pinna 2 Piece White Linen Suit 38 R. Made in USA. (This is actually on consignment in my Etsy shop... you won't see another one like it.)

Whoaaaaa. In love with this
inlove.gif
It's a good thing the shoulders are a little wide for me, because otherwise I would cry about being poor.

ilikethelights

Reaction score

7. RARE ORIGINAL Vintage BARACUTA G9 "Four Climes" Khaki Harrington Style Jacket M 40 / 42.  (This is the vintage MADE IN ENGLAND Baracuta and not the MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C. Baracuta.)

Weird, I just sold this exact same looking jacket on etsy last week. Think it even was a 40.

Last edited:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOOD DAY TODAY! :D

Picked up a pair of AE Sanfords in 10.5D, polished them, listing tonight!

And I picked up this blazer. It's a Martin + Osa so I wasn't expecting anything special, but then I saw that apparently it was woven in England...

Perfect condition. Size 46. Worth anything more than the 8 bucks I paid for it? Guess I'll find out.

Anybody have any idea what it's worth?

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Weird, I just sold this exact same looking jacket on etsy last week. Think it even was a 40.

That happens sometimes. I remember that I once sold a pair of AE somethingorothers on eBay to a guy in Michigan (or was it Ohio?) and Nataku ended up finding the same shoes in the same size and color at a thrift store in his city. I wonder if the guy you sold it to ended up redonating it at the Mass. Ave. Boomerangs in Cambridge?
patch[1].gif

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Finally putting a few things away after a little thrift journey through Wisconsin last weekend, nothing much at all for a lot of stops:

Eton Light Blue French Cuff Shirt 16/41

Cal Craft USA Made Harrington Jacket (small?)

Couple of vintage USA Made hunting jackets

Records (Milt Jackson, Cannonball Adderly, Ray Charles & Milt Jackson, Soul Makossa, Bill Withers, Archie Shepp, Curtis Mayfield)

Ran out to the nearest store on my lunch for the first time in weeks and ran into Nataku who had the place staked out. Had a good chat instead of flipping through the racks.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some of these finds lately are the best in recent memory. Remind me to take the first 3 weeks of October to permathrift next year.

Im in if acosby isn't :)

ORLY?

Bad fake, right?

Three button leather jacket. The leather felt quality, I think, but I don't really know.

No tags anywhere ...

Medusa head buttons felt like plastic ...

Dunno dude, all that checks out AOK on the Spoo radar so far. What else you got?

Hey Guys!
It's been a long while (too long a while, IMO) since I've been able to get in on the action here.  Either way, lots of cool stuff has happened re: my Etsy shop during October.  I wanted to give a shout out and thanks to Vox Sartoria for linking to a BB no. 1 sack suit back on the 10th AND another shout out and big thanks to the guys over at PutThisOn for including a few items from my shop in an "eBay Roundup" last week as well as another mention this past weekend.

"VERY NICE!"​

And finally...  here's some of my October highlights.  UNAVAILABLE.

1. Borrelli Napoli "ROYAL COLLECTION" 50% cotton / 50% linen dress shirt 16 1/2 | 42.  Made in Italy.

2. Swaine Adenay 100% cotton dress shirt 16 1/2 - 42.  Made in England.

3. Vintage solid(?) 14 K gold belt buckle attached to a Brooks Brothers strap.  Total cost to me... $2.99
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

4. Vintage COACH brown leather briefcase / laptop case.

5. MUSEUM QUALITY Vintage 1930s De Pinna 2 Piece White Linen Suit 38 R. Made in USA.  (This is actually on consignment in my Etsy shop... you won't see another one like it.)

6. Vintage Lacoste navy blue knit shirt IN MY SIZE!!!  (This is the vintage "MADE IN FRANCE" Lacoste, not the "DESIGNED IN FRANCE | MADE IN PERU" Lacoste.)

^^^ Genuine smoked mother of pearl buttons!!!

7. RARE ORIGINAL Vintage BARACUTA G9 "Four Climes" Khaki Harrington Style Jacket M 40 / 42.  (This is the vintage MADE IN ENGLAND Baracuta and not the MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C. Baracuta.)

8. Vintage PRINCETON UNIVERSITY 1969 pennant.  This thing is HUGE like a blanket!

9. BARBOUR Cowen Commando Jacket.  (This was my first Barbour in the wild!)

10. CHARVET Solid Blue Dress Shirt  44 1/2 | 17 1/2 x 33.  Made in France!

Sorry if my post was a bit long (but it has been a while since my last post :) ).  Either way, I'm looking forward to catching up on all the great stuff you guys have been coming up with.  Thanks for looking!  -M-

You win coolest **** ever award. How much are you asking for that Princeton blanket?

b1627f65_SpooSignal.gif
is this the right Versace?

Definitely. Looks like the (highly profitable) 1991 Indian collection to me. Got a pic of the front?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have no idea what the original argument was about, but following someone around from thread to thread...

na, just happened to be on this thread and saw he posted but made an ignorant remark about my point in CE, I happen to be on this thread more than any other so i wouldnt call it stalking but leave it to a lib to get all worked up about nothing

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. Swaine Adenay 100% cotton dress shirt 16 1/2 - 42. Made in England.

3. Vintage solid(?) 14 K gold belt buckle attached to a Brooks Brothers strap. Total cost to me... $2.99
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

4. Vintage COACH brown leather briefcase / laptop case.

5. MUSEUM QUALITY Vintage 1930s De Pinna 2 Piece White Linen Suit 38 R. Made in USA. (This is actually on consignment in my Etsy shop... you won't see another one like it.)

6. Vintage Lacoste navy blue knit shirt IN MY SIZE!!! (This is the vintage "MADE IN FRANCE" Lacoste, not the "DESIGNED IN FRANCE | MADE IN PERU" Lacoste.)

^^^ Genuine smoked mother of pearl buttons!!!

7. RARE ORIGINAL Vintage BARACUTA G9 "Four Climes" Khaki Harrington Style Jacket M 40 / 42. (This is the vintage MADE IN ENGLAND Baracuta and not the MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C. Baracuta.)

8. Vintage PRINCETON UNIVERSITY 1969 pennant. This thing is HUGE like a blanket!

9. BARBOUR Cowen Commando Jacket. (This was my first Barbour in the wild!)

10. CHARVET Solid Blue Dress Shirt 44 1/2 | 17 1/2 x 33. Made in France!

Sorry if my post was a bit long (but it has been a while since my last post
smile.gif
). Either way, I'm looking forward to catching up on all the great stuff you guys have been coming up with. Thanks for looking! -M-

Welcome back, Mr. Jones! Back with a freak'n mind blowing haul!!!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally putting a few things away after a little thrift journey through Wisconsin last weekend, nothing much at all for a lot of stops:

Ran out to the nearest store on my lunch for the first time in weeks and ran into Nataku who had the place staked out. Had a good chat instead of flipping through the racks.
With all respect to Eazy, you win the jazz record thrifting prize this week.

Size small harrington, you say?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the last 2 days, the thrift gods have thrown me a bone or two.

These are some gnarly ass custom made Star Wars action figures completely made out of scrap metal and other parts. Troika picked up a sick ass R2D2! You should brag about it, bro!

Oh, before I forget, I found this bad boy near the vicinity of a unvented holey Canali which I passed.

BUTTTTTTTTTTT...

baldy[1].gif
FML!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads