The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Leather

Vintage Leather Well-Known Member

Hopefully, no one is that bored.

At University, I worked in a charity shop were we were required to remove hangers and bag everything - we were expected to catch shoplifters hiding things in pockets and bags.

2. troika

troika Senior member

Don't want to add to the argument too much here, but Barrel and I were at a GW yesterday and one of the girls working there (she could not have been older than 20) had a velcro cast on her wrist because she got carpal tunnel's from sifting and putting away all of the clothes. Feels bad man.

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

So I did one of those things where I found something insanely cool yesterday (at least in my mind) that fit me like a glove but was a little too pricy. As soon as I got home, I was kicking myself for not grabbing it. I actually had a dream about it last night, yes I had a dream about a piece of thrift clothing (not the first one) and yes i have a fucking problem. Anyhoo, I went back in today with the mindset that it would not be there, but, low and behold, it's still hanging on the wall when I walk in. Needless to say, I snatched that shit up with the quickness. Now, I know this kind of stuff might not be for everyone but this is a total grail find for me. It fit's like is was made to order for myself.....40 or so years ago. :D Perfect soft shoulder, sleeves at just the right length, nipped waist and hits right at the knee. Oh yea, it's a mint condition,100% cashmere, vintage, Hickey Freeman topcoat. :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: And by "pricy" I mean I could have had a sweet brand new Gap button down for what this cost. :nodding:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, I don't know why i look pissed off in all my fit pics, I'm really a nice guy and generally in a great mood. :happy:

4. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

I submit to you, Tweedmaster Generals of the thread, yesterday's episode of "found in the women's section."

[​IMG]
    This gorgeous seemingly flawless and barely worn coat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dual exhaust
    [​IMG]

Tale of the tape... er tags

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing is tits. I guess my mannequin must be a 42 because it fits perfectly. Really well put together. And oh. so. available.

5. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

First of all, that coat is as awesome as Natalia Velez. Secondly, you look like you're at 9/10 on the Super-Pissed-Off-O-Meter. We still have man-crushes on your though.

6. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

That thing is badass. I've always wanted a topcoat even though I live in socal and there 0 chance of ever wearing it. Just having one would.make me content lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

7. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I literally just sold one of those to a fellow member - those HF cashmere topcoats are indeed the tits. Enjoy that man, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

8. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Pic of the gant by Michael Bastian I found.

Size large available

[​IMG]

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

10. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

That looks great.

11. eazye

eazye Senior member

:crackup:

12. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I have no idea what the original argument was about, but following someone around from thread to thread...

[​IMG]

13. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

Hey Guys!

It's been a long while (too long a while, IMO) since I've been able to get in on the action here. Either way, lots of cool stuff has happened re: my Etsy shop during October. I wanted to give a shout out and thanks to Vox Sartoria for linking to a BB no. 1 sack suit back on the 10th AND another shout out and big thanks to the guys over at PutThisOn for including a few items from my shop in an "eBay Roundup" last week as well as another mention this past weekend.

[​IMG]

"VERY NICE!"
    And finally... here's some of my October highlights. UNAVAILABLE.

1. Borrelli Napoli "ROYAL COLLECTION" 50% cotton / 50% linen dress shirt 16 1/2 | 42. Made in Italy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Swaine Adenay 100% cotton dress shirt 16 1/2 - 42. Made in England.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Vintage solid(?) 14 K gold belt buckle attached to a Brooks Brothers strap. Total cost to me... $2.99 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Vintage COACH brown leather briefcase / laptop case.

[​IMG]

5. MUSEUM QUALITY Vintage 1930s De Pinna 2 Piece White Linen Suit 38 R. Made in USA. (This is actually on consignment in my Etsy shop... you won't see another one like it.)

[​IMG]

6. Vintage Lacoste navy blue knit shirt IN MY SIZE!!! (This is the vintage "MADE IN FRANCE" Lacoste, not the "DESIGNED IN FRANCE | MADE IN PERU" Lacoste.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^ Genuine smoked mother of pearl buttons!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RARE ORIGINAL Vintage BARACUTA G9 "Four Climes" Khaki Harrington Style Jacket M 40 / 42. (This is the vintage MADE IN ENGLAND Baracuta and not the MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C. Baracuta.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Vintage PRINCETON UNIVERSITY 1969 pennant. This thing is HUGE like a blanket!

[​IMG]

9. BARBOUR Cowen Commando Jacket. (This was my first Barbour in the wild!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CHARVET Solid Blue Dress Shirt 44 1/2 | 17 1/2 x 33. Made in France!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry if my post was a bit long (but it has been a while since my last post [​IMG] ). Either way, I'm looking forward to catching up on all the great stuff you guys have been coming up with. Thanks for looking! -M-

14. eazye

eazye Senior member

[uote name="Typhoid Jones" url="/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/51105#post_5845770"]Hey Guys!

It's been a long while (too long a while, IMO) since I've been able to get in on the action here. Either way, lots of cool stuff has happened re: my Etsy shop during October. I wanted to give a shout out and thanks to Vox Sartoria for linking to a BB no. 1 sack suit back on the 10th AND another shout out and big thanks to the guys over at PutThisOn for including a few items from my shop in an "eBay Roundup" last week as well as another mention this past weekend.

[​IMG]

"VERY NICE!"​

And finally... here's some of my October highlights. UNAVAILABLE.

1. Borrelli Napoli "ROYAL COLLECTION" 50% cotton / 50% linen dress shirt 16 1/2 | 42. Made in Italy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Swaine Adenay 100% cotton dress shirt 16 1/2 - 42. Made in England.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Vintage solid(?) 14 K gold belt buckle attached to a Brooks Brothers strap. Total cost to me... $2.99 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Vintage COACH brown leather briefcase / laptop case.

[​IMG]

5. MUSEUM QUALITY Vintage 1930s De Pinna 2 Piece White Linen Suit 38 R. Made in USA. (This is actually on consignment in my Etsy shop... you won't see another one like it.)

[​IMG]

6. Vintage Lacoste navy blue knit shirt IN MY SIZE!!! (This is the vintage "MADE IN FRANCE" Lacoste, not the "DESIGNED IN FRANCE | MADE IN PERU" Lacoste.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^ Genuine smoked mother of pearl buttons!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RARE ORIGINAL Vintage BARACUTA G9 "Four Climes" Khaki Harrington Style Jacket M 40 / 42. (This is the vintage MADE IN ENGLAND Baracuta and not the MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C. Baracuta.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Vintage PRINCETON UNIVERSITY 1969 pennant. This thing is HUGE like a blanket!

[​IMG]

9. BARBOUR Cowen Commando Jacket. (This was my first Barbour in the wild!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CHARVET Solid Blue Dress Shirt 44 1/2 | 17 1/2 x 33. Made in France!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry if my post was a bit long (but it has been a while since my last post :) ). Either way, I'm looking forward to catching up on all the great stuff you guys have been coming up with. Thanks for looking! -M-

[/quote]
    Sweet Jesus, I think I need a Robert Graham right quick. :embar: Also, Evil Abed, that tweed is sweeeeeeeeet!

15. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

That white suit is amazeballs, as is everything else. Excellent stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.