• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

basically 
nod%5B1%5D.gif
 what did you get? I got their hoodie and a ton of socks, probably the worst use of $30 ever but who cares

8 pairs socks, ultra lite down jacket, sweater, long sleeve heattech, extra fine broadcloth shirt, slim fit flat front chinos, t-shirt. Will order more chinos when they go on sale if I like, and more t-shirts if this one fits well. I basically just picked 1 of everything until I know sizing. I only have some OCBDs and socks that I got through suddenlee right now. Wanted some flannels but all the patterns I liked were sold out by the time I got around to it.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That label looks to be from the 60s.

I still don't get all the love for wacky-colored shoes.
Wes, love that tweed 3-piece.

It's great for peacocking!

Couple questions:
First, is anyone interested in a Hickey-Freeman Canterbury SC in 39S? I didn't pick it up as it's priced higher than GW SC's usually are in this area, but I can proxy. I should have grabbed a close-up of the fabric. There is no HF outer label, but the pocket label is one of the newer ones. I think UNITE HERE, which would be 2004+. Handworked buttonholes.

Second, I spotted a SC priced at $20 and wondered WTF, but then spotted this:

I might be interested in that HF 39S...Can you get measurements, please?

Regarding the YSL, I don't think that's the good label...Did you pass?

Also picked up these nice guys today :) I thought Unique was giving stuff away with the packing lot soo packed. 25% off Mondays
thumbs-up.gif

I recently picked up a pair of the same blue VV NWT. Super nice looking!

Last edited:

Beck

Reaction score
also for anyone who cares uniqlo opened up to e commerce today, slightly higher than thrift prices but they make the best clothes brand new at that price point I have found

Uniqlo is a brand that I actually stand by, I like wearing that style. American Apparel is very similar to that as well. The slimmer cuts are perfect, I will probably waste my next work check on this website lol. And who doesn't love brand new clothes in a box every once in a while ? :D

mjt73106

Reaction score
I want to know how you find .000001% income $30 per garbage bag rummage sales, i'm assuming they dont advertise on craigslist. Do you have a rolodex full of 1%ers who send you gilded invitations?
Acquisition is an art.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
On Armani Black Label (a few posts back) made by Vestimenta, pretty nice stuff.

CesarC

Reaction score
Uniqlo is a brand that I actually stand by, I like wearing that style. American Apparel is very similar to that as well. The slimmer cuts are perfect, I will probably waste my next work check on this website lol. And who doesn't love brand new clothes in a box every once in a while ? :D

uhoh.gif

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spending too much money the past few days...

Picked up a Giordana Scorpius I found on eBay, acquired with a behind-the-scenes offer.

614735763_o.jpg

614709397_o.jpg

614709426_o.jpg

614709324_o.jpg

Columbus SL tubing
Mostly Campagnolo parts with Sachs brake/shifter combo

For those that don't know, Giordana is owned by a company called Gita that is the American distributor for many of the Italian bike lines, like Pinarello. They produce mostly apparel, but had a house-brand of frames made by Italian greats of the 80s/90s (Pegoretti, Basso, etc). It was rumored that a few others like Pinarello made a few of the frames, too. Which is funny, because I had an '88 Pinarello Treviso a couple years ago that was the mirror image of this frame. Because it's a house-brand, the components on the bike are often worth more than the frame in resale value. However, they're solid, well-made frames, and generally a bargain for anyone looking for a good ride.

End of lesson. :teach:

Which also reminds me, a big shout-out to GMMcL (sorry if I got the capitalization wrong). He was very kind to offer his proxy services for another bike, but it sold before we could make the arrangements. Stand up guy. :cheers:

Also, been slacking on this, but a HUGE shout out to EazyE for hooking me up with that Cucinelli sweater he found a few weeks ago. Thing is nuts and will likely be worn to death as soon as Florida cools down, or I make my way up to Georgia.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
That thing is spec'd out all wacky....10 speed crank and chainrings, 6 speed freewheel, single pivot brakes, Super Record der, SACHS?!! shifters.

Last edited:

Jpmorris

Reaction score
First person to propose a decent trade gets sweet cotton knits ties in light yellow AND solid navy!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, been slacking on this, but a HUGE shout out to EazyE for hooking me up with that Cucinelli sweater he found a few weeks ago. Thing is nuts and will likely be worn to death as soon as Florida cools down, or I make my way up to Georgia.

It's going to be 80 on Thursday.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First person to propose a decent trade gets sweet cotton knits ties in light yellow AND solid navy!

Sure, I'll trade you a fist bump for a high five! Now, please send those ties with USPS's second day delivery.
nod[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads