• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just two shirt finds today. Thomas Pink usually isn't bragworthy but this was my size, super recent, slim fit and with a cutaway collar. Win all around. I'm guessing the T&A is from the same guy. Both are like new.

No no! Pink is bragworthy, after finding this vintage piece of amazingness I finally understand. (All of the below is available
peepwall[1].gif
)
16.5-34

Oxxford Clothes 17-35

Hamilton Custom 16.5-33

Skeet Wash Cloth

Badass Orvis Tweed Pants 42x31+

Badass Orvis Khaki 43x31+

x2 Faconnable Khaki Pants 42x31+
Deadboy, I think you were onto something with Incotex and the loop, I know other people have them on their pants but it appears to be their signature; these look like Incotex

Incotex?

For me.

Oh yeah, and this mystery. I passed on two incredibly terrible orphans, St. Andrews and Cantarelli, but they grey with thick purple stripes.
cry.gif

But this was smashed in between them. Most likely an orphan but seems fashion forward enough, multicolor buttons, and pockets that could say otherwise, the color is what throws this off. Some help would be appreciated!

EU 48R and also available

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ida know. A blissful utopia where we can all get dirt cheap Kiton and similar quality? I'll give up the beer money on the side if it means I can dress like Spoo every day of the week on my budget.

I dont spend as much as you think.

Towers

Reaction score

I dont spend as much as you think.

I want to know how you find .000001% income $30 per garbage bag rummage sales, i'm assuming they dont advertise on craigslist. Do you have a rolodex full of 1%ers who send you gilded invitations?

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Does anyone wear big boy pants...literally?? (Size 40-42)

I'm around a 42... More a 43. Find something fun?

Left. So. Much. Today. I was proud of myself. Because after all, I'm not thrifting right now, just selling, right?

All I came home with-

Available for an interesting trade.
Showing it here in more of a 3/2 mode, though it may naturally just be a 3 button, which would narrow up the lapels some.

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Few things today:

Hey SW&D guys, are these what I've seen referred to as 'j-pants'? They're made by a highly regarded Canadian designer called Philip Sparks, and I'm pretty sure they're waxed cotton.

About a 34/34 and available... although I'm warning you you'll need fairly small calves to fit into them (felt like it was starting to cut off the circulation to my feet when I tried them on)

Pretty awesome Alan Paine lambswool sweater, size 44. Available.

And for me, NWT Gant Rugger thick cotton/wool shirt, not thrifted but 70% off. Gonna love this when the weather finally gets colder.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm around a 42... More a 43. Find something fun?

Left. So. Much. Today. I was proud of myself. Because after all, I'm not thrifting right now, just selling, right?

All I came home with-

Available for an interesting trade.

Some pretty, what I think, dec. pants. Above^^ They are tagged btwn a 42-44 but measure more like a 42 to 43.
thumbs-up.gif

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
About a 34/34 and available... although I'm warning you
Pretty awesome Alan Paine lambswool sweater, size 44. Available.

That's awesome

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I want to know how you find .000001% income $30 per garbage bag rummage sales, i'm assuming they dont advertise on craigslist. Do you have a rolodex full of 1%ers who send you gilded invitations?

LOL rolodex.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Funny, I left behind Incotex today, and I grabbed what I thought was a second pair (had the buckle loop), only to find that they were Facconable. We should discuss those finds of yours, lemme look them over.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, I left behind Incotex today, and I grabbed what I thought was a second pair, only to find that they were Facconable. We should discuss those finds of yours, lemme look them over.

Yeah, it is really interesting. All of the tags matched my Incotex for Zegna. The Faconnable are also made in Romania. I didn't think that Incotex made for Faconnable. Any insight would be appreciated...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh yeah, and this mystery. I passed on two incredibly terrible orphans, St. Andrews and Cantarelli, but they grey with thick purple stripes. :cry:
But this was smashed in between them. Most likely an orphan but seems fashion forward enough, multicolor buttons, and pockets that could say otherwise, the color is what throws this off. Some help would be appreciated! 

EU 48R and also available

Pretty sure that is Giorgio Armani black label. Only maker I've seen with that "Made in Italy" label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads