• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A clutch of ties. All available.
Robert Talbott; Robert Talbott, Polo RL; Paul Stuart

A Barbour Country shirt, L. Available

And I recall this "not being the Burberry you're looking for"
No size tag, but measures like a 40L (p2p: 21.5; waist: 20.75; Shoulder: 18; BOC: 32; Sleeve: 25). Available.

Except that it's Loro Piana 100% Cashmere. Completed listings on the bay seem positive.

Last edited:

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Malo is a very high end Italian cashmere brand. While not so well known, that cashmere quality is probably very high and retailed for hundreds of dollars.

Picked up a few cool things today - all available.

Two super thick Malo casua lsweaters 100% cashmere, tagged Euro 52. These are really really nice, has anyone else had experience with Malo?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The mother of all Tweeds!!!! J Press Presstige Donegal Mist Tweed, cashmere, kid mohair, wool. Is it safe to call this a "grail tweed"? Or "greed" for short. :devil: Marked a 39S. Available

I just sold a similar one, in a 46, which is nowhere near as desirable as this size for $200+. Well done.

Harris Tweed Raglan Overcoat

Would rock the balls off that. Size?

Randy

Reaction score
My concerns have to do with the seller's description:

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A: Pair of Levi's 501 XX Big E Redline Selvedge jeans. From my research, these seem to be from the 40's. These are the real deal and I am very excited to bring them to the Ebay community.
CONDITION: Excellent vintage condition. The one issue is that it is missing the size tag patch on the back of the jeans.

I notice that he doesn't say that they're actually from the 40s. Rather, they "seem to be from the 40s." Recent LVC copies of these jeans also "seem to be from the 40s."

Next, he assures, "These are the real deal..." Well, Levi's LVC reissues are the "real deal" as well — right down to the aged and rusted rivets.

Finally, the fact that the size tag patch is missing makes it far more difficult to establish whether these are actually 70 year old jeans or if they're 2 or 3 year old selvage LVCs.

It's hard for me to believe that folks are bidding these up to $3k with practically no established history or provenance. Frankly, in my opinion (with the obvious caveats in tow), these look too new to actually be 70 years old.

Randy

This is a total anomaly and outlier, but I totally would expect this to close at $3k.

They may be obvious, but here are the reasons that make this pair so attractive:
- Classic jean: this pair is apparently from the 40s. It is the most desirable 501 cut as it is a true slim/straight fit
- Fantastic condition: for a pair that is close to 70 years old, there is still a lot of color left in the denim, and there are hardly any wear marks
- Great pics & description: the seller makes it easy to visually very the jean's authenticity and date.
- Common size: opens it up to a lot of buyers for personal use and collecting. These may even be a decent size for the Japanese market

Quote:

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A clutch of ties.
Robert Talbott; Robert Talbott, Polo RL; Paul Stuart

And I recall this "not being the Burberry you're looking for"
No tag, but measures like a 40L (p2p: 21.5; waist: 20.75; Shoulder: 18; BOC: 32; Sleeve: 25)

Loro Piana 100% Cashmere. Completed listings on the bay seem positive.

Are the two ties on the left available?!
drool.gif
As far as the Burberry, that is a good pickup. I sold one of those sometime ago in blue, with mop buttons for well over $100, and I take terrible pictures and have a sub-par listing template.

rayxlui

Reaction score

[COLOR=0000CD]YOU ARE LOOKING AT A: Pair of Levi's 501 XX Big E Redline Selvedge jeans. From my research, these seem to be from the 40's. These are the real deal and I am very excited to bring them to the Ebay community.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]CONDITION: Excellent vintage condition. The one issue is that it is missing the size tag patch on the back of the jeans.[/COLOR]

I notice that he doesn't say that they're actually from the 40s. Rather, they "seem to be from the 40s." Recent LVC copies of these jeans also "seem to be from the 40s."

Next, he assures, "These are the real deal..." Well, Levi's LVC reissues are the "real deal" as well — right down to the aged and rusted rivets.

Finally, the fact that the size tag patch is missing makes it far more difficult to establish whether these are actually 70 year old jeans or if they're 2 or 3 year old selvage LVCs.

It's hard for me to believe that folks are bidding these up to $3k with practically no established history or provenance. Frankly, in my opinion (with the obvious caveats in tow), these look too new to actually be 70 years old.

Randy

Genius.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea, the numbers in the 3rd pic and I can just make out an S that appears to be the last letter of the makers name.

Eazy, that's a fabulous haul and evidence that karma lives--well done. If you find any more Press or Andover shop in the larger sizes, you know what to do.

46n2

Reaction score

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A: Pair of Levi's 501 XX Big E Redline Selvedge jeans. From my research, these seem to be from the 40's. These are the real deal and I am very excited to bring them to the Ebay community.
CONDITION: Excellent vintage condition. The one issue is that it is missing the size tag patch on the back of the jeans.

Randy

Do the new LVC's have the 2,4, or 6 on the back of the top button too?

highlifeman

Reaction score
It must be tie day today.....that's all I came home with....keeping the VV and knits, maybe 1 or 2 others...

VV new in box...

Ricci (1st also), Altea, Faconnable, Armani, Zegna

Ricci, Zegna, RT Boc, RT, RT Boc

Unknown silk knit, BB silk knit, Polo Silk knit, Polo Linen, Varvatos skinny silk...

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the two ties on the left available?!
drool.gif
As far as the Burberry, that is a good pickup. I sold one of those sometime ago in blue, with mop buttons for well over $100, and I take terrible pictures and have a sub-par listing template.
Sorry, should have said. I'll edit my post. Everything is available.

Randy

Reaction score
Quote:

Randy

Do the new LVC's have the 2,4, or 6 on the back of the top button too?

My relatively new "1947" Levi's LVCs have this number on the back of the top button:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics