• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quoted for samesies, although I have found Isaia before

I should have also added any / all of the Savile Row tailors actually made in England (I've found several G&H by HF) and also St. Crispin and G&G for shoes

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton, Boglioli, Isaia, Cucinelli, Sartoria Partenopia, John Lobb, Edward Green, Vass, Drake's, E. Marinella, Marcoliani or Pantharella socks (new)....

I just found some Pantherella socks, new, but there wasn't much interest so I left 4 other packs, also new, at the store.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
CAPNWES- So stoked for you on that Leica.

DM7- Can't wait to see your web shop.

This thread is getting nuts with all the Hermes and Lobb popping up. I've been to busy to go out during the week but seeing everyones finds as of late I'm really looking forward to going out this weekend.
Only finds I've had are a very nice pair of Danner boots in 11. Which is my size and I almost pulled the trigger on these new a couple of times but Im thankful I didn't as they aren't working out. Also found a Trovata plaid dress shirt size S only because it ended up on the mens side. If someone wants it for cost. I'll have pics of both soon.

Sunday evening hopefully I'll have a bunch of shirts to offer at cost+shipping which was something I intended to do when DM7's forum was up but didn't get around to doing it in time.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geezy criminy, thread on fire! New Lobbs?! I will say, in the past 6 months or so there have been more Lobbs on there than in awhile...
That leads me into a discussion question i've been meaning to post for awhile... what are your grail brands (for PERSONAL use) that you've never found a stitch of in a thrift? No, Ebay and Internet/consignment finds do not count.
wink.gif

A few for me: Kiton, Attolini, Thom Browne, Tom Ford, Lobb, Edward Green... just about everything else has shown up at least once, if not in the category I'd prefer!

i was looking for a Brioni, found one last week. now looking for isaia or Pal Zileri. s/b suits. but sometimes a grail will present itself.
and it wasnt on your list.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found some Pantherella socks, new, but there wasn't much interest so I left 4 other packs, also new, at the store.
Argh! I didn't see that. If they're size large (10-10.5 shoe size) I'd be interested if you happen to run across them again.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pantherella socks are very SF approved. I'm sure you would find folks on B&S more than willing to take them off your hands.

benjclark

Reaction score
Pantherella socks are very SF approved. I'm sure you would find folks on B&S more than willing to take them off your hands.
The XL sizes are tough to find even from online retailers. As JackFlash says, if they're thrift prices, you shouldn't have a problem unloading them here for your trouble.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
The XL sizes are tough to find even from online retailers. As JackFlash says, if they're thrift prices, you shouldn't have a problem unloading them here for your trouble.

Quote:

They were $10 a pair.

jcubzzz

Reaction score

I thought I'd cross post again even though it's so close to Monday's choice's (all different though, so I must just own a lot of similar looking things. :embar:)

You look awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads