1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david3558

david3558 Senior member

2. eazye

eazye Senior member

Holy shit! Does that thing have zip off sleeves? Not something I would personally wear, but it looks really good on you! :slayer: :slayer: Also if that Zegna is a 38R, get at me. :hide: Been after something like that for awhile. Going to Milwaukee for a friends birthday party. Bathroom fit pic, shield your eyes!!!!! BB light blue shirt, thrifted HF blueberry, raspberry check blazer from ATLJon :slayer: Rooster knit tie, thrifted Topshop navy trousers, not thrifted Alden suede shortwings from the capt' [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't mind the shirt collar, that's from holding the camera at a weird angle.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. drbat

drbat Member

What do you all think of Louis Feraud, resale etc? seems quality...

4. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Holy crap Alexandre Plokhov.

5. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Quick Thriftfit

[​IMG]

Jacket - J Press Cotton 3/2 from SF or AAAC (can't remember, sorry if it was YOU)
    Shirt - BB OCBD Slim 14.5--31 from SteveSmith
    Pants - ETRO Brown Mini Cords thrifted by ME, in my size!! EU46. Slimmed the legs way way down (like 2")
    Shoes - Ebay Allen Edmonds Sanford in Walnut

2 people like this.
  6. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

eazye - Unfortunately the zippers don't go all the way around, so the best they could do is make random holes if un-zipped. The Zegna jacket is a 52 (and a big one at that), sorry!

ray - That was pretty much my reaction when the seller accepted my offer.

Brian - Looks good man, although I think it's crying out for a repp tie. Maybe orange/navy or something along those lines? Or a knit?

7. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Knit

8. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

:hide:
    Is it safe to post now? I saw almost 200 posts yesterday and thought either a spambot laid waste to the forum or that had been several thermonuclear level finds.

We had a foot of snow this week. It was depressing and I only just got out to thrift today.

This picture is from Thursday night. We were walking to an event down the block at the neighbourhood school when this dude glides by. And before makes anyone makes any jokes about me living in Canada: I have never seen this before. At least not in the middle of the city.
    [​IMG]

On to the thrifts, all destined for Ebay. (Sorry about the photo sizes - photobucket seems to be acting up).

NWT PRL flannel shirts. Military style with epaulets and throat latches.
    [​IMG]

NWT Viyella cotton/wool shirt.
    [​IMG]

Orvis plaid.
    [​IMG]

Vintage Pringle Cashmere.
    [​IMG]

Navajo-inspired RG shirt.
    [​IMG]

Zegna wool/silk SC.
    [​IMG]

Summer's here and the time is right for orange PRL loafers!
    [​IMG]

John Lobb split toe shoes. They have a loafer-like construction but not so casual.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Left this Ugly Jacket/Orphen behind today. First time for the good but older Lanvin label.

[​IMG]

PS - Wow 3500 posts. How time flies.

10. GHo

GHo Senior member

Yo
    You need a hobby! (non-thrifting). :)

11. GHo

GHo Senior member

Love that coat. Would look great with a navy grenadine

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Wow! That is some fashion forward jacket and short tee! [​IMG]
    Tapering legs on a Skinny Guy?! Damn, I guess it didn't work out for him, huh? That's like $200 wasted!
    +1 on the navy and maybe pair it off with some grey pants?

13. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

A few ties from today.

2 x Zegna
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thomas Pink
    [​IMG]

14. aglose

aglose Senior member

Those are some good looking ties.

1 person likes this.
  15. LeSacre

LeSacre Senior member

Saw a Lanvin tie today, but I left it behind since it was fugly and didn't see them going for much.

Had a pretty good week in KC (sorry Mainy for thrifting in your stomping grounds). No home runs, but wasn't a waste of time either. I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

[​IMG] Sorry I wasn't able to mention anything yesterday, I was in the hospital for 12 hours waiting while my future sister-in-law was having a baby girl, but I felt sick to my stomach when I read about what happened.. Can't believe someone would scam another SF member and then have the gall to come on here and make an excuse. I'm with MartiniGirl -- let me know how and where and I'll be willing to help out.

16. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Just want to thank everyone for their support on this, (esp wes i really appreciate the gesture youre aces in my book!) update: this guy owns the po box, my brother shipped with 2300 insurance on the package. He went to the post office where he shipped it and the guy couldnt believe it! he immediately pulled up the records from chino hills post office and printed it to him, suffice it to say I have his signature that he himself picked up the package on his po box he also had to produce id to retrieve the package, all this information was conveyed to PayPal, so its still possible they will do the right thing, I personally dont know how this member is still not banned.

2 people like this.
  17. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored::censored: :censored: :censored:

18. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Here are the copies [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. TheBurnOut

TheBurnOut Senior member

Is he still going with that same BS story or are you getting no communication at all?

20. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

This blows.

HEY UNIVERSE: WHERE THE EFF ARE MY LOBBS, HUH? ERRRRYBODY GETS SOME BUT ME?

Stay, strong, Eddie. We're with you. In my line of work, I see plenty of raw sh*t go down. But I couldn't get out of bed in the morning if I didn't think that right usually prevails in the end.

How in God's name do you have time? This thread and hobby has single handedly destroyed any semblance of other time I have.

Speaking of which, I've been busy at work, plus I decided to stop thrifting until I finished all or most of the major home repair things that have been on my list for months, plus re-baby proofing the house for when #3 arrives, and ACTUALLY SPENDING TIME WITH MY KIDS. Withdrawal is strong, but I'm trying to hang tough.

And in unrelated news,
    [​IMG]

Sorry for all the packages I owe. I guess they'll go out Monday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.