• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who needs friends when you been had Kiton

AAAAAAAAmen!

oh, my first Hermes tie.
biggrin.gif

number 7734 OA. looks nice, i like it. Hermes is growing on me.
stirpot.gif

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geezy criminy, thread on fire! New Lobbs?! I will say, in the past 6 months or so there have been more Lobbs on there than in awhile...

That leads me into a discussion question i've been meaning to post for awhile... what are your grail brands (for PERSONAL use) that you've never found a stitch of in a thrift? No, Ebay and Internet/consignment finds do not count. ;)

A few for me: Kiton, Attolini, Thom Browne, Tom Ford, Lobb, Edward Green... just about everything else has shown up at least once, if not in the category I'd prefer!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geezy criminy, thread on fire! New Lobbs?! I will say, in the past 6 months or so there have been more Lobbs on there than in awhile...
That leads me into a discussion question i've been meaning to post for awhile... what are your grail brands (for PERSONAL use) that you've never found a stitch of in a thrift? No, Ebay and Internet/consignment finds do not count.
wink.gif

A few for me: Kiton, Attolini, Thom Browne, Tom Ford, Lobb, Edward Green... just about everything else has shown up at least once, if not in the category I'd prefer!

I've been at the game for only 4 months now. I won't bore you with the lesser finds. I did pick up a 2 piece Prada suit which isn't that brag worthy but that thing fits me like a glove! I've only worn it to a wedding but I love how that thing fits! I'm looking forward to find my first Kiton or Isaia that will actually fit as well as my Prada.

Shiny

Reaction score
Hmmm, need to add the big E Levis to my mental rolodex...

Finds from past week. Finally found some good stuff that fit me :
Zanella FF Unicorns! I have previously found one pair of the unicorns, but they had 2 moth holes. Pretty sure these are hole free. Tagged 38, but they feel like a 35 (I’m a 34). so I’ll try them on with a belt and they don’t look good I’ll go ahead and cinch them. N/A
P1010619.jpg

S Ferragamo PTB pebble grains. Size 9.5 so they fit! N/A
gamos.jpg

gamos2.jpg

BB S/S Polo. This was from one of those thrifts that doesn’t have a dressing room. Tagged as XL but really fits like a Small . I usually wear a big M or L. Really must have shrunk or the previous owner tapered it. Reluctantly available.
bbpolo.jpg

AE bradleys, size 12D. Available.
DSC04372.jpg

DSC04374.jpg
DSC04373.jpg

Lacoste L/S size 45. Green check pattern. Made in Hong Kong? Not sure if fake.
DSC04375.jpg

DSC04376.jpg

Nonclothing find: Aerobars. New as they are still tacked on by those handitie things. Only paid $6.
P1010618.jpg

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, bro, those are nice! I wish they were my size! So hard to find shoes in such good form with closed-lacing.

No joke. In grad school I can barely manage once or twice a month with my academic, extracurricular, and personal obligations; and of course with slim pickings around me I hardly end up with anything. No idea how he does it. Of course the internets and forums such as this one often serve (for me at least) as a casual release, a place separate from and almost forming its own reality, where one can engage with others in abstraction away from gritty day-to-day affairs. Nevertheless, it might serve as an unwelcome venture from levity to breach the fourth wall and remind ourselves about priorities...
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Slim pickins...? Where do you go to school? Pm me if you would like.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Nonclothing find: Aerobars. New as they are still tacked on by those handitie things. Only paid $6.

P1010618.jpg

Sorry my dude, clip-on aerobars from the 90s are the Christian Dior monsieur of the bike world. Dated and frowned upon by all but the most uneducated Fred.

That leads me into a discussion question i've been meaning to post for awhile... what are your grail brands (for PERSONAL use) that you've never found a stitch of in a thrift? No, Ebay and Internet/consignment finds do not count.
wink.gif

I also haven't found any of the brands you've listed but, for personal use, I would be showing off for no one in particular if I wore a Kiton suit. For stuff that fits my style, it seems that a lot of people have had luck with APC denim of which I've seen none. Also, those Visvim shoes that someone found in California strike me as a bonkers thrift find that I would rock until they fell off my feet. Hell, you found Nom de Guerre before me. Given that I live in bro mecca I figured that I would find more of these brands which cost a fraction of the ones you listed, yet the donors are surprisingly less keen on the SW&D brands that I favor.

For MC, the ultimate grail for me and something that I lack entirely, a spalla camicia jammer would be perfect. Piombo, Boglioli, Ring Jacket, etc.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

P1010618.jpg

Sorry my dude, clip-on aerobars from the 90s are the Christian Dior monsieur of the bike world.  Dated and frowned upon by all but the most uneducated Fred.

Isn't that a Performance Bike house brand too?

Shiny

Reaction score

Sorry my dude, clip-on aerobars from the 90s are the Christian Dior monsieur of the bike world.  Dated and frowned upon by all but the most uneducated Fred.

This "uneducated Fred" prefers clip ons as he has found them to be more adjustable than stock bars (non standard body type). Not that I would plop down what a new Trek or Cervelo w/stock bars goes for these days.

mhtcjt37

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a while but decided to finally become a member and try to learn some more from all of you. For starters, could you all help me with an authenticity check on this Brioni tie I thrifted this week? Obviously I'm new to Brioni so I know very very little, so if its obvious please just explain what it is for future reference.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
wink.gif

Those plus Momotaro, Big John, Junya Watanabe, Rick Owens, YYPH (have found Y-3, didn't like it), MMM, Robert Geller and a whole bunch of other things that will almost certainly never show up in a Toronto thrift. Although I am planning a trip tonight, so who knows...

In related news, apparently Express is closing the upcoming Toronto Fashion Week. WTF

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wink.gif

Kiton, Boglioli, Isaia, Cucinelli, Sartoria Partenopia, John Lobb, Edward Green, Vass, Drake's, E. Marinella, Marcoliani or Pantharella socks (new)....

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a while but decided to finally become a member and try to learn some more from all of you. For starters, could you all help me with an authenticity check on this Brioni tie I thrifted this week? Obviously I'm new to Brioni so I know very very little, so if its obvious please just explain what it is for future reference.

Everything looks consistent with the Brioni ties I've handled. I'm gonna vote real. Unfold it, you should see a serial number underneath. Be careful, not all of their ties have it. The more recent ones all do.

DeadBoy

Reaction score

Looks real, and spectacular!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Send it to me and I'll check it over carefully for a year or two
devil.gif

Looks legit to me and one of the nicer Brioni I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads