1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eazye

eazye Senior member

2. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

his facebook http://www.facebook.com/phromyaratr
    if you scroll down youll see in a pic hes trying to sell a supreme hat with his forum name wrongwroks on a thai forum. It should be an open and shut case of bank/credit card fraud. Anyone have a direct contact to law enforcement that could arrest this prick

3. eddievddr10

i tried something like this yesterday this is his response

"I saw your message, but as I told you, I could not access that account. I am telling you that I NEVER have an intention to scam, and I don't have anything to do with this transaction. Also, I don't know who give you the address & phone number, but I just want to remind you that those information is confidential. Since you stated that you have a cousin at the Bureau, I've been advised by my lawyer not to make any further contact. "

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

Wow, seeing his facebook page really makes him look like a douche.

5. eddievddr10

my pm exchange with him Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 1:12am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 5:37am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 8:11am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 8:18am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 8:23am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:01am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:02am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:04am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:05am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:07am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 9:08am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/14/13 at 9:11am
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/14/13 at 10:24am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 3:03am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 3:43am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 9:14pm
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/16/13 at 11:25pm
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/17/13 at 9:58am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/17/13 at 2:06pm
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/18/13 at 6:15am
    Original message sent by wrongwroks on 3/18/13 at 6:51pm
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/18/13 at 7:36pm
    Original message sent by eddievddr10 on 3/21/13 at 4:52am

6. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

You sent that through the US Postal Service, Insured, to a PO Box? Open a damned complaint with the US Postal Inspectors Office. They will be able to determine exactly who got that item. More than $200 and insured? It was signed for by someone! They will know who signed for it. If it was him or someone who knows him you have got him, or better, the Postal Inspectors have got him. File the complaint! This is a slam dunk.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I am so incredibly pissed about this whole thing now! We are like family here, it's like getting robbed by your brother.

8. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Wow, I didnt realize paypal pretty much F'ed sellers like that...no more shipping to PO Boxes for me. Might have to start requiring signature on receipts too...

I might be done selling on ebay. There are too many kids buying my shit and then not paying, usually with latino or asian names...not sure if they are exchange students, illegal aliens, or what but there is a pattern. I guess that is better than this situation, but it is frustrating as hell and there seems to be no recourse via ebay.

9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

I've dealt with a lot of issues on ebay/paypal, and I'm sure you have dealt with more, but I'm missing what happened and why there is an issu.

• He paid via paypal... did he use reg paypal (fee) with a shipping address you have to ship to, or paypal money owed (no fee, no address)?

• You shipped him a box via USPS with tracking, signature confirmation and insurance to his PO BOX

• USPS Website says the box was delivered (and I assumed signed for due to insured over $xxx value)

• Buyer opens a paypal dispute that he did not receive it?

I'm confused where the issue is or why paypal would side with him? You shipped to the PO Box, with tracking and insurance and USPS says it was delivered. End of story unless I'm missing something here.

EDIT - OK, I get it now. The PO Box received it, but hes saying the payment was never authorized you sent it to the unauthorized persons PO Box? Was it shipped to a confirmed paypal address?

10. woodchuck312

woodchuck312 Senior member

Even then you are probably screwed by paypal as the buyer could just claim you sent a pack of peanuts. Really no way to prove that you sent him the actual item in question.

Hopefully some pressure from a postal inspector can stop this little punk.

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Nah, the guy is saying someone else fraudulently purchased the item with his money.

12. Devrbd

Devrbd New Member

Picked this up last week at my local Salvation Army for $5! Best fitting jacket I own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. woodchuck312

If i read correctly the buyer is claiming an unauthorized charge, meaning it wasn't him(someone hacked his account or something used his paypal account unknowlngly and on top of that sent it to a PO Box that does not belong to him)

14. eddievddr10

edited

15. LatinStyleLover

It sounds like the guy is claiming someone hacked into his account and paid for an item that he did not buy, had it shipped to a PO Box that is not his? The Postal Inspectors will be able to determine who owns the box and who receives packages at that box. They will be able to determine who signed for and received the item. Whoever got the item would have had to have gone to the USPS window services area with a slip from the box and they would have retrieved it for that person. They would have only given it to the person if they were authorized to get it. This has a paper trail a mile long so I am confused why a complaint with the Postal Inspectors Office has not already been filed against this piece of garbage!

16. woodchuck312

I'm not sure you should be typing this in a forum he is a member of, why give him ammunition

1 person likes this.
  17. LatinStyleLover

Any parcel insured for more than $200 (this was a $2300 purchase, no?) automatically gets signed for. No signature confirmation is needed. The USPS does not want to pay out on a $2300 claim so they absolutely require a signature at the time of delivery, if insured for more than $200. The USPS has records showing who owns that PO Box. This does not seem very complicated to me.

18. eddievddr10

your right but im sure he knows this by now since he received it, but i edited it anyway

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

OK OK, sorry for my stupid post above, now it makes sense what happened.

1st thing(s) I would do personally (not advise), as said is call paypal, explain the situation and ask them to note your account that you will be doing the following. Contact the post office it was shipped to and open up a fraud report, if it just happened most of them know the people who come in a lot and even might remember putting this box inside the PO Box or who signed for it being insured. Also call the local police department of the city it was shipped to and file a fraud/thrift claim. If he wants to really provide it, grab his lawyers info (I doubt he will provide it) and CC his lawyer on everything, every phone call, every email, etc etc.

As you said, contact Admins of the forum for IP info if they will provide it (may not be able to legally until you have a police report). I'm sure some of the lawyers here might be able to lend a hand via PM.....

Please keep us up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.