The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

I thought I would share a funny/embarrassing story that happened to me today while thrifting. I went to a goodwill before work to see what I could find and went through my usual rounds not coming up with much. I usually hit the ties last and this particular gw puts the ties on a lower rack so I have to bend over in order to sort through them. As I'm bending over I hear the unmistakable tearing sound of me ripping the seat of my pants. I'm not talking a tiny rip either, the rip occurred from the bottom of the belt loop to almost the bottom of the crotch. So here I am in goodwill with my left cheek exposed. Any sane person would have scooted out of the goodwill since needless to say this scenario is pretty embarrassing. However, I found a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes and was not about to leave the store without my purchase. There was only one person working the cash register so I had to wait in line for a good ten minuets with about a half dozen people waiting in line behind me. There was no way I could hide or even conceal the fact that I had split my trousers and I could feel everyone behind me staring at my buttock. Having said all that, here are the pictures of the Ferragamo's.

Size 8D Available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully someone either here or on the bay is interested since I practically mooned half the goodwill waiting in line for them. Also here is a picture of my ripped pants just so you all have an idea of the severity of my situation. The pants were Odin for Target that I have only worn a handful of times and ironically was pretty much the only item of clothing I was wearing that wasn't thrifted. I hope you all got a good laugh out of my story.

[​IMG]

2. dubcbadass

dubcbadass Senior member

[​IMG]
    iirc, this union label is the one that predates that. edit: This website confirms that this label was 62-76 this website This tag was from a brooks pow check SC i posted several days ago, later to find it has moth holes and i couldn't pass it on in good conscience.
    i am gonna try to make a tie out of it. if successful, i will the share my results with a person who i trade/sell to as a surprise. should i do a bow-tie or a necktie? i have already done bowties before, but never in wool.

also...
    ^^^ those are pretty nice actually. if i wasn't on a moratorium, i would pm you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  3. catside

catside Senior member

^70-76; before that same tag with red numbers.

4. dubcbadass

dubcbadass Senior member

epic knowledge dropping.

5. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

$5.99 (le sigh)... Well, there was a spot on the shoulder that I'm not sure would have come out, and it was on the front facing side of it no less, pretty noticeable. Also, and this isn't a determining factor for me at all usually, I didn't hear much if anything here on it being decent/any feedback on it, so I decided to pass. Great color combo, pretty sure it went back out before I left and it was already in someones cart. May look for it again tomorrow if I take back some of tonight's haul haha. Stay tuned.
    Don't worry, it happens to all of us at some point or another. I managed the exact same tear while working at my concert security gig in junior college. I was on a roam team during Janet Jackson's velvet rope tour show at my venue and had to hop over a row of seats to get to someone. As one foot landed the other caught momentarily on a part of the chair. Heard the same sound, same result. Other team members were rolling on the ground laughing. Instead of letting me go home, my boss handed me a few safety pins and said good luck.

6. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

Well then...

Apparently 'tis the season, since I just picked up another 300+ items [​IMG]

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

How is this possible? :wow:

And dude, when are you going to skip a day and pimp yourself out in some ridonkulous streetwear? Can't convince eazy, but there's hope for you yet... :devil:

8. grendel

grendel Senior member

You didn't quit school, did you?

9. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Did you buy yourself a thrift trap house to do all your work out of?

10. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Wait wut, I just saw you like 5 hours ago, how you manage a haul in my territory in 5 hour a fuq.

11. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Distinguishing those and '49-'62 can be a pain, as the spot with/without the [​IMG] can end up under fabric.

12. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

[​IMG]

13. concealed

concealed Senior member

i bought the same pants (navy blue) and the main button fell off, great quality.....

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.