• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went at lunch as usual...

Left these behind...

Brought these home....a first for me.
RRL Selvedge - 32x34
Quarter sized hole in the right leg,
Fray on both legs about 1" up from rolling the cuffs.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I might try making one down the line, but have too many other chores on deck at the moment.
I had a hard time visualizing this at first as well. The pull forms one loop of a chain. You want to create another link with some thread.

Tremble at my mad drawing skills.
--edit
Had to dig to find my source: bengal-stripe
http://www.styleforum.net/t/6442/suit-fabric-repair#post_61852
Wow, that is a lot simpler than what I was visualizing in my head. Thanks!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunchtime thrifting.

Harris Tweed overcoat, probably a size 40-41ish. The lining needs some help, but this can easily be worn without it.

A First!

Drakes French Cuff Shirt:

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gahhhhh, all the stores around here besides the SA's are having Columbus day sales, no thank you! I did manage to stop into a SA I don't usually hit. Picked up a stack of Jazz records as well as a pristine copy of the Beatles 1962-66, a mint copy of Thriller and some Pretenders albums.

And this sweet PRL tie.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of multi-folds, nobody commented on the patterns of the two I thrifted: what say ye, keep or try to move 'em on? Photos spoilered below. Hint hint, nudge, nudge. ;)
P1070314.JPG

P1070315.JPG
il:

I didn't like either of them, so I'd move them on if I were you.

Gahhhhh, all the stores around here besides the SA's are having Columbus day sales, no thank you! I did manage to stop into a SA I don't usually hit. Picked up a stack of Jazz records as well as a pristine copy of the Beatles 1962-66, a mint copy of Thriller and some Pretenders albums.

And this sweet PRL tie.

I like everything you posted, but if you're gonna post "stack of jazz records" you have to at least spread them out a bit so that we can see them! :slayer:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't like either of them, so I'd move them on if I were you.
I like everything you posted, but if you're gonna post "stack of jazz records" you have to at least spread them out a bit so that we can see them! :slayer:

Your wish is my command, there is also some Vivaldi, Go Go's, Herbie Hancock and Dire Straits mixed in there.

I passed on a bunch more due to condition issues.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wrapping up from the weekend...

Hanover Sheppard PTB Calfskin 8 D/B

First Pair of Incotex, Flat Front Bluish Gray 36/33
any tips for getting out the ring around the collar waistband?

Oxxford Beige Glen Plaid Trousers 37/30

AE Park Aves 11.5 EEE

Zegna Paisley Stripe Tie

Corbin "Scottish Tartans" Flannel Trousers Gray Plaid - 40/31

Corbin "Scottish Tartans" Flannel Trousers Green Plaid - 39/31
Needs a new fly latch

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

first time in a thrift store in months (been really busy with work with the refinance boom happening) and i snaked a mint pair of Alden for brooks brothers shell cordovan tassel loafers. Unfortunately they're a bit small @ 9.5D lol also passed on a near new pair of burgundy AE McAllisters in 13ee. can go back if there's any interest.

Sent you a PM but im interested in the Aldens...

Re the Hermes tie: Okay, um, I've had one of these (the red Faconee H) in my closet for 2 years... what the hell makes it so awesome or rare? Seeing a completed like that makes me think maybe I should just liquidate my Hermes ties... I'm much more into Kitons and Borrellis and other often-found-in-multi-folds nowadays.

Just their iconic design that never goes on sale - and you rarely see them on eBay either - for cheap anyway.

Also, passed on a white Tom Ford SC the other day at Holts Last Call, marked down to about $400 but with a thread pull in the back. Around a 40-42L. Bad pass?

HNNNGGHH

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, passed on a white Tom Ford SC the other day at Holts Last Call, marked down to about $400 but with a thread pull in the back. Around a 40-42L. Bad pass?

Yeah, I'll let you judge by the inundation of your PM box whether that was a bad pass or not.

staxringold

Reaction score
Dig that Zegna, capnwes! Toes the line of almost too loud, but I like it.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Zegna Paisley Stripe Tie
How wide...I want want want

Does anyone know where Marshalls goods go to die? They must ship them off somewhere when they don't get sold because they certainly stop reducing them after a point.
I think they end up in DM7's dorm..

dubcbadass

Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was tie day for me I guess. Y'all know I love my plaids and paisleys. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics