1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Marshall's brag

[​IMG]

trafalgar braces and pantherella socks

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Stopped by the newly remodeled GW location after my post office run... Found the shoes I've been hoping for, and some other cool things.

Allen Edmonds Lombards (for me)
    Tom James bespoke charcoal pinstripes (available, but need to measure)
    Pendleton umbrella (I didn't even realize they made umbrellas!) for me

[​IMG]

3. almosthandsome

almosthandsome Senior member

Was a time a few days without hitting a thrift would have me shaking. Yesterday marked a month. Not that I gave it up mind you, God forbid! A teenage girl not paying attention to the road has laid me up for a long while. Thinking I may try venturing out to the nearby GW in a couple weeks. Just never thought I'd be "that guy" taking up all the aisle space in a wheelchair [​IMG]

Anyway, not to piss in your Cheerios or anything, just saying, at least you can scratch that itch! [​IMG]

4. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I don't know but it sure looks nice, regardless. Congrats!

I never find Pantherella at MY Marshalls. :(

The Lombards look cool.

Ouch! Best of luck!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  5. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Only two things today

W&G Tagged small. Available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For funsies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Any input on that BB and Gerry would still be appreciated. andro and nat/cosbysweater IM LOOKING TO YOU!
    Part 2, (sorry guys, a couple more RLPL shirts incotex pants and a bunch of other shit I already gave my boy to sell for me not pictured)
    AE park aves 10.5E
    [​IMG]
    ANY input on what these are/what they say
    ? I tried to google but i'm not sure im even spelling what i can see correctly. These are the first shoes i've seen with what even appear to be handwriting on the insole, quality seems good but not great, but wtf do i know.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    prl by corneliani, 100% linen functioning cuffs, the rest speaks for itself. 42S NOT AVALIABLE, im rocking this bitch all around the horse track with a sweet silks and helmets tie Eazy hooked me up with. (a thrift fit will be done)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Polo 100% linen, ticket pocket, dual vent, (no buttons lol) 42S NOT AVALIABLE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    PRL again, dope ass charcoal pinstripe NA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    also, NA (i finally found a good amount of shit in my size!!! Birthday thrift awesomness, what would you wear this with? I really like it but im unsure how to wear it. Spoo, this is where you post a pic of yourself rocking the same thing looking like a bauss)
    [​IMG]
    46S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    mhmmmmm this thing feels like the tears of 5,000 japanese virgins (too bad its a hunt club :) )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    44S (if this is your size i've got an older tag zegna blazer, n a pair of black pants not pictured)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FIN

7. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

"Snowquester" didn't happen in my part of TLoPL but I was ready for it. The bulky, oversized sweater was chosen to hide the muffintop created by the 30" waisted jeans that I am just starting to break in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gaelterra / made in Ireland / roll neck fisherman knit
    Rolex Datejust
    N&F Slimguy selvedge
    Alfred Sargent high tops

8. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Honestly to me they're nothing special, so you're not missing out that much.

9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

But Spoo swears by them! :confused:

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Quote:

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Had some good finds today. A lot of the stuff you guys wouldn't be interested in (eBay stuff) like recent Hugo Boss suits, solid black Canali suit, etc so I won't bore you with photos of that stuff. However I did find a few interesting things worth photos.

You vintage outdoor gear buffs will like this. I e-thrifted this brass belt buckle from a BIN. It feature Class 5's logo. Class 5 was a maker of outdoor wear and gear from the early 70's until they went under in 1983. They were based out of Berkeley, Calif. They made everything from down jackets and parkas to sleeping bags and backpacks. The stuff is pretty sought after and for good reason. The stuff is made very well and it is one of my favorite vintage labels. Their original ice-pick label (see photo) is actually one of my favorite label designs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally scored me a copy of Bloodrock's S/T LP from 1970. Great heavy/hard rock. Original green label pressing and in the shrink to boot.

[​IMG]

Only suits that would really peak any interest here. Had to pass on solid navy and solid back BBGH suits due to condition.

Here is one BBGF suit I did rescue. The lining on the inside right pocket is a little worn and there is a small bit on shine on the fabric, but I couldn't leave it. Solid charcoal. 2 btn. Single vent. 44 R. 39 Waist.

and here's why I needed to rescue it besides the fact that it was still in wearable condition........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also found this cool Hugo Boss that I would actually wear. Gray glen plaid. Center vent and FF trousers. 44 R

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

First, shout out to GMMcL for hooking me up with a bunch of ties in a trade. Nice to throw so many new ties into the rotation. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Here are my recent finds

Two Recent Varvatos non-mainline suits for the bay (Tagged 40, but measure like a 38)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skeet Skeet
    [​IMG]

Need some TLC C&J For Polo, 10D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two Pringle Sweaters
    [​IMG]

And...my GF was at Marshalls today and, like the amazing woman she is, she stopped to look at the men's stuff for me. I start getting these picture messages from her. She also mentioned an all leather RLBL jacket.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, this arrived today (along with matching shin pads) that were paid for with Thrift money and was on sale by about 20 bucks less than anywhere else...so it's a brag in my book.

[​IMG]

13. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

Thanks. :)

I know Collezioni, but I'm not too familiar with black label, so I'm not sure what to look for.

14. mainy

mainy Senior member

WARNING: DO NOT sell to kmichelles2012 on ebay. Add to block list IMMEDIATELY.

This is by far the most psychotic buyer I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. More coming soon.

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Done. And :lurk:

1 person likes this.
  16. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Nice! Here's my newest addition from about two months ago and the wall that I shoot pucks at in the basement of my rented college house (oops).

[​IMG]

There are a lot of equipment managers out there for semi professional teams who will take broken sticks (where the blade meets the shaft), cut them down (you lose a few inches but I'm a few inches shorter than the pros), and sell them on ebay for a fraction of the original price. You can just glue a blade in there and it's perfect. Ended up paying about $50 for a $230 stick (sort of).

17. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

my hobby - whenever I see an ebay link in one of your signatures, I click on it and read the negative/neutral feedback

1 person likes this.
  18. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

That is a nice stick! I haven't tried RBK sticks yet, how do you like them? They were just starting to come around when I stopped playing for awhile so they are still so unknown to me. They bought Jofa, I think though. I use to use 2 piece sticks long long ago (Easton Ultra-lite and Z-Bubble). Once the one pieces started coming out (I think easton synergy might have been the first) I fell in love with the weight, balance, and "snap" from everything working together so well.

I recently broke an older Bauer Vapor XXX one piece. If you have use for it to put your own blade on, its all yours!

Edit: Love the wall, I have broken a few house windows shooting at the sides of houses and garages [​IMG]

E-Thrift question:
    Who makes shoes for Hermes? Are they all John Lobb? I have a unique chance at getting a used pair for like $200. Good price or am I getting "swindled by a business"?

Oh and speaking of Macklemore, I heard the song went quadruple platinum today...insane!

19. grendel

grendel Senior member

Depends on what kind of shoes. Beat up driving loafers? Overpriced. Newish fashion sneakers or riding boots? Great price.

20. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Have you noticed how anyone who gives me neg feedback is most likely barely literate? My favorite is the most recent, I literally exchanged probably 25 Emails with that guy, very coridal, talking about clothes and shoes and whatnot. He wanted to return, i agreed, then he said it wouldn't be worth it to pay the 10 return shipping on his $35 item, i told him to do whatever he wanted... like 3 weeks later, neg feedback. Lol, id offered a full refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.