• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

General rule: pinstripes = orphan. Reason: You can't wear pinstripes with anything. If you do...Good luck to you.

Try to find the pants. It might surface. Good luck.

I'm not endorsing it, but pinstripe SC have been made. Paul Smith seems trendy enough to have done it in the last few years. Not saying that's what this is, just saying I don't think Pinstripes have to make it a suit in this case.

I will say that I think you're right though that even if it is what the designer intended, good luck to you if you wear pinstripes with anything.

(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything is available.

Vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting shirt/jacket. Size M. Great shape, made in the USA. Too short inthe sleeves or I would keep. Has the lower back pocket for storing your kills/etc.

woolrich1.jpg

woolrich2.jpg

Zegna soft blazer/jacket. Cashmere/silk blend. Unvented, could be worn as a piece of outerwear. Fits like a 42.

zs1.jpg

zs2.jpg

New pair of Johnston & Murphy blue suede loaders. 8.5D, full vibram sole, made in Italy

jm1.jpg

Baller vintage Lacoste/Izod Harrington. Size M. On the fence about moving this, but I think it's just too short for me.

lacoste1.jpg

lacoste2.jpg

NWT Corbin "Luxury Plaid" slacks. Made in the US. Size 34. Check out the Incotex vibe on the interior. Retail is like 260, real nice.

corbin1.jpg

corbin2.jpg

corbin3.jpg

corbin4.jpg

corbin5.jpg

ALSO

Looking for a bit of help. Found these buttons on a HF Super 140's blazer. Any idea what the imprint is of? Just genuinely interested.

buttons.jpg

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not endorsing it, but pinstripe SC have been made. Paul Smith seems trendy enough to have done it in the last few years. Not saying that's what this is, just saying I don't think Pinstripes have to make it a suit in this case.
I will say that I think you're right though that even if it is what the designer intended, good luck to you if you wear pinstripes with anything.
(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)

I've seen pinstripe odd jackets. They are uhhhh, odd looking...I've found a float chart that tells you what to look for on details to determine what you are looking at is a suit jacket or sports coat. I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. So in place of that, I leave you with this annoying video.

The aforementioned PS jacket had the details of a suit jacket. Also, I've tried wearing pinstripes jackets in the past and it looked gross...Lesson learned.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I've tried wearing pinstripes jackets in the past and it looked gross...Lesson learned.[/SIZE]

It's extremely difficult, but can be done, so long as one abandons any hope of looking Spoo-like. For example, I have a mid blue linen SC that is clearly NOT an orphan: The stripes are white surrounded by tan. I wear it with a pair of tan slacks. Don't think I have a fit pic. Again, there's a limit to the sartorial harmony that's achievable, but it can be done.

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today:

Paul Stuart, 43R

Fendi tie

Sperry boat shoes, 9D

jamiebryant

Reaction score
NWT Corbin "Luxury Plaid" slacks. Made in the US. Size 34. Check out the Incotex vibe on the interior. Retail is like 260, real nice.
corbin1.jpg

corbin2.jpg

corbin3.jpg

corbin4.jpg

corbin5.jpg
Seen a pair of Flat Front Corbins like these, in khaki. Theyve been at sitting on the rack for weeks and everytime I hit this place, they trick me into thinking im about to score some Incotex.

Anyone know the deal with these? Are these made by Incotex or is Corbin trying to emulate?

Ive even come across GAP trousers that have the blue band with the size on it....so lame. You gotta wonder if the designers of these pieces have any shame.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for a bit of help. Found these buttons on a HF Super 140's blazer. Any idea what the imprint is of? Just genuinely interested.
buttons.jpg

It's a reproduction of a 1/4 Florin coin - the abbreviations going around are for the titles of the Emperor of Austria, he was the illustrious king (ill rex) of Hungary, Bohemia, Lombardy and (et) Venice. Not sure what territories GAL and LOD stand for - either they were more minor territories or just names that I haven't encountered as much as the others.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T. XL. Available.

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
It's extremely difficult, but can be done, so long as one abandons any hope of looking Spoo-like. For example, I have a mid blue linen SC that is clearly NOT an orphan: The stripes are white surrounded by tan. I wear it with a pair of tan slacks. Don't think I have a fit pic. Again, there's a limit to the sartorial harmony that's achievable, but it can be done.

Agreed, it can work with the right kind of linen or cotton, or like a blue/white striped seersucker sport coat. But I definitely don't have what it takes to pull of any of those looks.

jcubzzz

Reaction score
went out today and found my first Pringle of Scotland made in Italy short sleeve shirt size xl. Also picked up Two Country Traditionalist by pendleton wool shirts both mediums. Everything is available. Can someone please educate me on the difference between pendleton and country traditionalist by pendleton. Thank you.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

not gonna happen.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some direction on shoes and denim, both of which I only know enough to just barely get by.

Are these worth a cop for flipping? They were a bit pricey. Everything screamed yes: Florsheim Imperial? Check. Brand new? Check. Rare, asian-market size (7 1/2D)? Check!
But what's up with the leather? I wasn't sure what I was looking at.
file-117.jpg

file-115.jpg

file-116.jpg

file-113.jpg

Edit: Google is my friend. I found a mid-seventies Canadian trademark registration for Caravan Collection for Boots and shoes made of tanned or printed skins of wild and domestic animals.

So the question now is: what animal is this from?

And I picked up these japanese denim Gap 1969s in a nice size.
file-118.jpg

file-119.jpg

But what's going on with the bottoms? These are at the back. Was he cuffing them and then catching them under heel? Or is this some sort of "flaw"?
file-120.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads