The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

I'm not endorsing it, but pinstripe SC have been made. Paul Smith seems trendy enough to have done it in the last few years. Not saying that's what this is, just saying I don't think Pinstripes have to make it a suit in this case.

I will say that I think you're right though that even if it is what the designer intended, good luck to you if you wear pinstripes with anything.

(Now watch, just because I said that Spoo or somebody is going to post a pic of himself looking awesome in a Pinstripe SC with odd trousers.)

2. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

Everything is available.

Vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting shirt/jacket. Size M. Great shape, made in the USA. Too short inthe sleeves or I would keep. Has the lower back pocket for storing your kills/etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zegna soft blazer/jacket. Cashmere/silk blend. Unvented, could be worn as a piece of outerwear. Fits like a 42.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New pair of Johnston & Murphy blue suede loaders. 8.5D, full vibram sole, made in Italy

[​IMG]

Baller vintage Lacoste/Izod Harrington. Size M. On the fence about moving this, but I think it's just too short for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NWT Corbin "Luxury Plaid" slacks. Made in the US. Size 34. Check out the Incotex vibe on the interior. Retail is like 260, real nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALSO

Looking for a bit of help. Found these buttons on a HF Super 140's blazer. Any idea what the imprint is of? Just genuinely interested.

[​IMG]

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I've seen pinstripe odd jackets. They are uhhhh, odd looking...I've found a float chart that tells you what to look for on details to determine what you are looking at is a suit jacket or sports coat. I tried looking for it but couldn't find it. So in place of that, I leave you with this annoying video.

The aforementioned PS jacket had the details of a suit jacket. Also, I've tried wearing pinstripes jackets in the past and it looked gross...Lesson learned.

4. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

It's extremely difficult, but can be done, so long as one abandons any hope of looking Spoo-like. For example, I have a mid blue linen SC that is clearly NOT an orphan: The stripes are white surrounded by tan. I wear it with a pair of tan slacks. Don't think I have a fit pic. Again, there's a limit to the sartorial harmony that's achievable, but it can be done.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

Today:

[​IMG]
    Paul Stuart, 43R

[​IMG]
    Fendi tie

[​IMG]
    Sperry boat shoes, 9D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jamiebryant

jamiebryant Senior member

Seen a pair of Flat Front Corbins like these, in khaki. Theyve been at sitting on the rack for weeks and everytime I hit this place, they trick me into thinking im about to score some Incotex.

Anyone know the deal with these? Are these made by Incotex or is Corbin trying to emulate?

Ive even come across GAP trousers that have the blue band with the size on it....so lame. You gotta wonder if the designers of these pieces have any shame.

7. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

It's a reproduction of a 1/4 Florin coin - the abbreviations going around are for the titles of the Emperor of Austria, he was the illustrious king (ill rex) of Hungary, Bohemia, Lombardy and (et) Venice. Not sure what territories GAL and LOD stand for - either they were more minor territories or just names that I haven't encountered as much as the others.

8. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

Love that Lacoste/izod Harrington.

9. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Patagonia Synchilla Snap-T. XL. Available.
    [​IMG]

10. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Agreed, it can work with the right kind of linen or cotton, or like a blue/white striped seersucker sport coat. But I definitely don't have what it takes to pull of any of those looks.

11. jcubzzz

jcubzzz Senior member

went out today and found my first Pringle of Scotland made in Italy short sleeve shirt size xl. Also picked up Two Country Traditionalist by pendleton wool shirts both mediums. Everything is available. Can someone please educate me on the difference between pendleton and country traditionalist by pendleton. Thank you.

[​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

not gonna happen.

13. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Can anyone give me some direction on shoes and denim, both of which I only know enough to just barely get by.

Are these worth a cop for flipping? They were a bit pricey. Everything screamed yes: Florsheim Imperial? Check. Brand new? Check. Rare, asian-market size (7 1/2D)? Check!
    But what's up with the leather? I wasn't sure what I was looking at.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: Google is my friend. I found a mid-seventies Canadian trademark registration for Caravan Collection for Boots and shoes made of tanned or printed skins of wild and domestic animals.

So the question now is: what animal is this from?

And I picked up these japanese denim Gap 1969s in a nice size.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But what's going on with the bottoms? These are at the back. Was he cuffing them and then catching them under heel? Or is this some sort of "flaw"?
    [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ looks like salt marks from wearing them in snow/etc. and then it dried.

15. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Thank Goodness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.