• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked these up for $6
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
PRL super soft pebble-grain made in England boots. Size is marked 9.5, but run large, so perfect for my 10.5 feet. Sole is marked Ridgeway 94% Made in England. Can anybody help identify the maker based on the handwritten numbers on the inside?
The handwriting looks a lot like C&J to me.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked these up for $6 :slayer: PRL super soft pebble-grain made in England boots. Size is marked 9.5, but run large, so perfect for my 10.5 feet. Sole is marked Ridgeway 94% Made in England. Can anybody help identify the maker based on the handwritten numbers on the inside?

edit: this is post-cleaning. They were a little beat up when I found them.

Dude! So sick. Very jealous right now.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
PRL super soft pebble-grain made in England boots. Size is marked 9.5, but run large, so perfect for my 10.5 feet. Sole is marked Ridgeway 94% Made in England. Can anybody help identify the maker based on the handwritten numbers on the inside?

SOOOO Jealous
drool.gif
cloud.gif

Those would look good with the Norfolk jacket you found

Last edited:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Killed it with those boots E. I didn't even know I wanted something like them till I saw these, thanks.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Super nice find!

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran into the two main flippers in my town today. Both suck. One of them looks like a kid ******* crossed with an aging Bon Jovi and the other one looks like a kid ******* crossed with a young Chef Morimoto.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked these up for $6 :slayer: PRL super soft pebble-grain made in England boots. Size is marked 9.5, but run large, so perfect for my 10.5 feet. Sole is marked Ridgeway 94% Made in England. Can anybody help identify the maker based on the handwritten numbers on the inside?

Holy ****! C&J boots for $6?! Those things are gorgeous! :wow:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killed it with those boots E. I didn't even know I wanted something like them till I saw these, thanks.
Yeah, I've been thinking about my next boot purchase, and these are definitely on the list:

Dress As If

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just joined this site after some lurking.

I bought a Brooks brothers golden fleece suit at a century 21 store for 499. It is at the tailors but will post pictures when I get it back. From my research this is a flagship suit from VB.

Would this be considered a good deal?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! My second pair of C&J's this month! I wish I would have taken a before photo, the toe box was pretty beat up, but the soles look untouched, go figure. :bigstar:

Dress As If

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just snagged a Brooks brothers golden fleece suit for 499 at a century 21 department store.

Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads