The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Elusive

Mr_Elusive Well-Known Member

I PM'd DM7 about a few things he posted and he gave me reasonable prices that I had no problem paying. The stuff just wasn't my size.

2. catside

catside Senior member

I am so jealous that I decided to get in to a flurry of selling activity of my backlog and after I reach to wherever that price point is to drive to ShoeMart. I'm just afraid I won't be able to get out with just boots.

I personally want to see the pics of what DM found BTW; everybody is selling here anyway. I have gotten to accept the change.

Today all I got is a pair of shoe trees, a woolen Marks and Spencer scarf since I lost my Press cashmere. Oh also a battery operated wine vacuum stopper thingy. Passed Bally loafers bc too small and I have too much of a backlog to sell.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  3. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

The objections, at least mine, were not of this nature. There was no bragging involved in DM7s post. There were no pictures. It was a straight up request for pricing guidance.

4. catside

catside Senior member

Hey! What's going on? Frenchy's blog disappeared. The other source, too.

5. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Anyone know about scarfs? I found these two Hermes, I believe are, scarfs. Then I thought they were ascots but I still dunno. They are different in that the look like a paper fans that are folded like this:

[​IMG]

Heres some webcam pics of them (sorry for the poor quality)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not to take away from the DM7 drama, but if anyone could help me figure out what these are called that would be great.

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Those are called pleated scarves. Hermès makes them, though I doubt I'd be able to verify yours. Good luck and let us know! I'd definitely love to see the patterns!

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I just noticed exactly the same thing. Do the mods have power outside of SF? Are we in the Matrix??

8. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Wow thanks HansderHund! I couldnt find anything about those anywhere. They will most likely be going to SPOO but if they dont, they I ll post some (better) pictures of the patterns during my next auction.

Thanks again!

9. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

It was DM7's site, he probably got pissed and took it down. By the way, WTF is wrong with anyone trying to hook us up with stuff at a good deal? I really like that the person who initiated it later asked about an Isaia suit... For the record, if anyone has an opportunity like DM7 presented and doesn't want to post it because of douchebags, feel free to drop me a PM.

10. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

No problem. I'm sure there are Chinese fakes out there of them, but far fewer in number than the normal scarves. Therefore, yours are likely to be real based on that (assuming they are Hermès to begin with). Good luck with, I keep up with Spoo's stuff so I'm sure I'll see them!

11. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

While I am no expert, I did compare the tags to the ones selling on Ebay and I am 99.99% sure that these are real. Either way it was worth the risk at $7 for both :slayer:

12. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I really thought it would be more obvious, I guess sarcasm doesn't transfer well to text, I guess I could have put it in italics

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Reversible tweed vest, pre-dibsed for Catside.......
    AVAILABLE...measures 40" Chest (20" pit to pit)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

Not 100% on the pants, but love it overall!

15. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

+1

Having gone thrifting with DM7 more than once, I can tell you a good majority of his finds come from hitting the shops. Things practically jump off the rack towards him as he walks by. Well, not really, but he's a great example of what's possible when you're in a target rich environment and know what you're looking for. He has deep knowledge of brands and a keen eye to spot them. I'm sure anyone else that has hit the racks with him would agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.