• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And we also stumbled upon these: Prada loafers, unmarked but size 10ish. The boy has been asking me how he can make some spare change so I had committed to him that I'd front him on an item.
The loafers exhibit some wear but for the money I though that they would be the perfect thing to let him try his hand at the game. At the very least there's some brand whore out there who'd want those white buckles peaking out from his hems.
file_zpse451b128.jpg

Sorry to break the news but... theyre fake :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
A store going out of business in my town was then putting all brands at -60%. Since I leave in a country where no one seems to care about nice shoes. I thought there wouldn't be too many people and arrived at the opening, at 09:30 AM. My bad, there were 40 guys in front of me...

I got what I could and am already quite fortunate

John Lobb 1140€ 456€, it does make a difference

Crockett & Jones Handgrade 495€ 195€

Crockett & Jones monk 370€ 145€

Needless to say, that made my day, my week and my month!

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
1st and foremost, props to the SF guys for updating the photo upload tool so you can upload multiple photos at the same time!!! Thats a HUGE upgrade!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Left all this stuff. Will post the good stuff later.

For Spoo....

Never ever seen this BB label before...almost looked fake. Jacket had only one inside pocket (left breast) which reminded me of a girls jacket. Was super weird in the fact it was double breasted but had holes and buttons on both sides like it was almost suppose to be left open (no button inside to close the inner part). If this is super super old I can always go back but they wanted $20 for it.

Just didnt want to drop $30 on this suit, very nice though.

Some lining issues that needed a quick tailor and $20

PS - Got the new iphone hence why I have decent pictures from the store now!

Last edited:

Septimus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What're the tells on it?
It was super cheap so no problem taking the hit on it, though still a disappointment.
Plus, it's your son taking the hit, not you. Right? Live and learn, Junior!
sly.gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No one has claimed this jacket yet. Perfect for early fall. Just want to see someone get some use out of it. Yours for shipping cost.

I'd do it of you could shrink it down to a true 40 first.

Anth

Reaction score
Ok guys I had My 1st good day in awhile, all dress shirts and all are keepers.
Hilditch & Key Bespoke, 2 T&As, a recent ish Burberry, Pal Zileri ( anybody know the retail on these? google was of on use) and a few Pinks. All had dry cleaner tags on so I'm assuming from the same guy that never picked up his shirts. Pics once I get home.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok guys I had My 1st good day in awhile, all dress shirts and all are keepers.
\Pal Zileri ( anybody know the retail on these?

Couldn't tell you retail but I thrifted one in my size and it's fast becoming one of my favourite shirts. Great quality (though I wouldn't want to spend $175 on one).

Anth

Reaction score
Yea I love the pattern and the quality, I think these shirts will replace my Banana Replublic shirts.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Found 2 pairs of True Religion jeans today, never sure if it's the real thing maybe that's why I'm the sucker that bought them

Email trbj at enforcements dot markmonitor dot com
They'll tell you. Include a picture of the serial number on the back of the small horseshoe tag hidden behind the size tag in the waistband.

I will say that that bottom left picture looks very suspect to me. I've also only seen the buddha printed on the inside pockets, not the horseshoe, like in your top right pic, but who knows.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A store going out of business in my town was then putting all brands at -60%. Since I leave in a country where no one seems to care about nice shoes. I thought there wouldn't be too many people and arrived at the opening, at 09:30 AM. My bad, there were 40 guys in front of me...

I got what I could and am already quite fortunate

John Lobb 1140€ 456€, it does make a difference

Crockett & Jones Handgrade 495€ 195€

Crockett & Jones monk 370€ 145€

Needless to say, that made my day, my week and my month!

love the lobbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads