1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanM

DanM Senior member

I may never find Kiton. But I have a Waffle House just down the street. Little victories.

2 people like this.
  2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Xenos, that is way to go out :slayer: Amazing stuff.

3. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

PS: My girlfriend from college mailed me love notes during holiday breaks written on the back of Waffle House paper placemats....during breaks on her shifts. No, we didn't get married.

4. Manofstyle85

Manofstyle85 Senior member

Help wanted:
    I found two nice sc today with the maker tag cut out. Made in Italy... One tag says: made for polo ralph lauren europe sarl. Another one with the model # daniel...... Could anybody recognize this as a Ralph Lauren, (Label) anything special? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ralph Lauren Black Label.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jowen

Jowen Senior member

Some finds from the previous week:

[​IMG]
    I am thrown off by the hand made in Spain and really don't know much about Versace...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PRL Suede Bomber

[​IMG]
    PRL Quilted Down Jacket

[​IMG]
    PRL Sport Coat

[​IMG]
    Land's End Oil Cloth Jacket

[​IMG]
    Brooks Brothers Herringbone Sport Coat

[​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ the tie is real, made in 90 or 91 when they were made in Spain - not a bad thing.

8. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

.... I drink out of that coffee cup every morning.

WH lovers such as yourself might find nothing wrong with my wife's obsession. She is a collector.

From her blog:

Quote: (The koozies are leftovers from our wedding. Yes, our "Welcome to Atlanta" bag for the out of town crowd included WH koozies and free waffle coupons. Spoo, I will send you as many koozies as you need [the coups have long since expired].)

Oh yeah, her first freelance byline was a feature about Waffle House for Y'all magazine. I will only go to Waffle House on Valentine's Day and Christmas Eve. No exceptions. This does not please her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  9. Manofstyle85

Manofstyle85 Senior member

Thank you sir! first black label find. I am not sure of the value since the label has been removed.

10. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

The Waffle House closet to my house is a total dive...still good though. Now when my wife was working in Columbus, there was a new one near the town house we rented there. Much more pleasant dining experience.

11. Jowen

Jowen Senior member

Thanks for the quick verification! I still have to send you the pictures of the items I want to send your way...I'll get on that [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Wow have you guys pulled in some hauls lately. I only get about one day a week to hit up the shops and haven't been doing anywhere near you guys.

Will I be disowned if I state that I am not the biggest WH fan?

Giant shoutout to los_face. He honestly packs more gifts for my GF than I do throughout the year. Awesome guy to deal and trade with. Hooked me up with a nice RLX athletic jacket and threw in some bonus stuff that will definitely get put to use.

Also, Fueco, are you a giant Sharks fan? For some odd reason, a Marshalls by me had like 5 SJ Sharks scarves for sale. Hockey + Team across the country is an odd item to find its way here. I didn't look at the price but if you want me to proxy, let me know.

13. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

MUUUUUUSSSST REEEEESSSSIIIIIIIIIST BAAAAAATTISSTOOOOOOONNNIIII MMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZEEEEEEEE!!!

Dibs.

You just wait. Taking pictures now.

14. mp906

mp906 Senior member

First Marshall's find. PRL, made in Italy, tan cords...hanging in the sportswear section. Retail $350....$39 and my size. No pics as they are being hemmed. Boom!

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm pretty sure you get herpes just by walking into a Waffle House. :uhoh:

The lengths New Yorkers will go to for novelty!

16. mainy

mainy Senior member

waffle houses are great people watching places. when my friends and i go we always bet on how many teeth the counter person will be missing.

17. Friskydingo

Friskydingo Senior member

What's the deal with this tie?

[​IMG]

18. SpooPoker

^ Fake, sorry!

You bet a lot for a guy without poker in his user name. SF/TT No limit tourney outside the GW?

19. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Pops up here every once in a while, Frisky. I've spotted a couple. Definitely not the one you are looking for :)

Not even sure if it's a counterfeit—just a completely different deal. They don't copy the Borrelli branding at all.

20. tubs

tubs Senior member

If anyone sees a 38R RL Rugby Tux jacket like this, please snag it for me. I have the pants and they are lonely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.