• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

workthatwedo

Reaction score
Have you ever seen Snow on the Bluff? If not, you should, it's on netflix and really fucked up.
It is not just a movie; it is a real place. If you're in ATL and you are into opiates, crack, getting arrested, and/or getting robbed or worse, you should go there.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1
A proper tux has no vents. If you're going to wear a vented tux, might as well cap it off with notch lapels, a pre-tied bow tie, black sneakers, OCBD, and one of those business cards with a pre-folded piece of satinique stapled on the top to look like a pocket square.

A side vented tux is a perfectly acceptable alternative to a ventless one. I don't like ventless jackets. Period.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Lol ATLnoob, that actually looks like smack to me... based on pic probably worth quite a bit over 100. Could've been a good hit if you were willing to move it hahahaha.

Greg613

Reaction score

It is not just a movie; it is a real place.  If you're in ATL and you are into opiates, crack, getting arrested, and/or getting robbed or worse, you should go there.

You can buy a condo for a dollar there. Of course, the thrifting equivalent of this would be buying a pair of piss stained 1988 Duck Head pants with a crab infestation for $1.

What a deal!

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes that was the brown variety of narcotics rather than the white, even the picture brings up painful memories for me

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been way too busy to post pics lately but here are a few things i found today that i still had in my car:
NBIWK.jpg

john varvatos shirt

mega recent zegna 15milmil15 dual vent sportcoat mint
wwhKs.jpg

d31v0.jpg

E5klc.jpg

76Uqi.jpg

boss, versace, vineyard vines, canali, versace, zegna, ferragamo, brioni, barneys house brand

upside down etro shirt
8ZNm4.jpg

and my fave find today, vintage schott perfecto, with original belt...talon zips... $25
CmUGG.jpg

had to leave behind like 6 recent prada shirts and prada suit + jacket because thrift store wanted $40 a shirt etc. LOL. pass

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mainy that Zegna is ******* fantastic and will bring so much money.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent day today. Apologies for the crappy photos. Lighting sucks. Everything is available!

- Nicest item of the day sadly isn't pictured. Will get pics tomorrow. Super recent notch lapel Oxxford sportcoat. Great fall color - dark green w/ windowpane pattern. Side vented. 44 L.

- Anyone need a staple navy suit? Picked up this recent Samuelsohn. 2 btn. Navy. Single vent. Full canvass construction. Trousers are double pleated and cuffed. 42 L, fits between and R and L. 36 x 30

Measurements:

Chest (pit to pit): 23"
Shoulders (seam to seam): 19"
Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff): 25 1/4" with 1 1/4" to let out (No faux button holes for easy alterations.)
Length (TOC): 33 1/2"

Waist: 18" (36" waist) with 1 1/2" to let out
Inseam: 30" with 1" to let out
Cuffs: 1 1/2"
Leg opening: 9"

[

- Another staple suit. Found this last week but forgot to post. Oxxford solid charcoal herringbone. 3 btn. Single vent. 1/4 lined. Tagged 43 T. 33 x 30.5

Measurements:

Chest (pit to pit): 23"
Shoulders (seam to seam): 19"
Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff): 26" with 1" to let out (No faux button holes for easy alterations.)
Length (TOC): 33 1/2"

Waist: 16 1/2" (33" waist) with 1" to let out
Inseam: 30 1/2" with 1" to let out
Cuffs: 1 1/2"
Leg opening: 10"

- RLPL casual shirt. Light bwn mini gingham check.. XXL.

- Turnbull & Asser yellow w/ blue "paisley" 50 oz English Silk Twill tie.

3 3/4" wide. 58" long.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eazy - nice score on the Peal & Co leather folio! Wow!

Mainy Incredible haul! And that was just sitting in your back seat?! :wow:

Not much today. Picked up a cast iron skillet at the request of my wife, a set of shoe trees (always in need of more).

Then I saw these:

Levi's 501 redline selvedge, ca. 1969. The real deal.

I'm gonna try and eBay or Etsy these puppies. I wish they fit but that 30x29 tag isn't even close to accurate.

:wow: :slayer:

+1 on allowing shipping to Asia. Someone in Japan will pay big bucks for those!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No! Don't wash them! 

Well, at least not until they smell, which takes a long while. 

Keep telling yourself that. :uhoh:

I find them with such alarming frequency that I no longer worry about them fading. If they get too light, off they'll go and a new pair will replace them. Meanwhile, the dogs are less inclined to sniff my a$$ if I toss the Levis in the washer after a few wearings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads