The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katch

katch Senior member

Nice jacket.

That portfolio is sick. How does one determine if they are in the market for a portfolio such as this one. I never really understood the portfolio, but it's dope.

2. suited

suited Senior member

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

Thanks! If fits perfectly in the sleeves and shoulders, just needs a little wais suppression and it'll be good to go.

I'm it keeping for now. I literally looks like it's unused. It still has that new leather smell. Found it at the bottom of a huge heap of shit that was just lying in the middle of the floor of one of my spots. :D Also saw my first pair of Barkers today, but passed because they were trashed and kind of ugly loafers. Sucks because they fit.

4. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I really don't think a tux should have vents, I think the tux is one of the most classic garments in a man's wardrobe and shouldn't be reinterpreted like that, but I suppose some vents are better than wearing one with a tie when I see that I cringe

5. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

for the guy looking for the tux

6. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

dude you're 17. stop talking about "classic men's style" on the internet and go make out with chicks or do graffiti or something.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

+1

A proper tux has no vents. If you're going to wear a vented tux, might as well cap it off with notch lapels, a pre-tied bow tie, black sneakers, OCBD, and one of those business cards with a pre-folded piece of satinique stapled on the top to look like a pocket square.

8. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

why can't I do them all? I do graphite often and rather well in my opinion, I do make out with chicks, but why should I not also be allowed to have an opinion on a tuxedo? I go on this forum to share my opinions and finds why does it matter my age? I live a full life it's not like I am missing out on being a kid, I sneak out, I go to concerts, I drink and smoke and whatever, but I also like going on this forum. It's not like i'm that douche that goes to school wearing a suit or anything, I dress like most kids just a little bit nicer but on some (many) days you will still see me in ripped jeans, and a diy band tee. I just like to know that when the time comes for me to dress like an adult I will be ahead of the pack.

also selling elements of "classic men's style" on ebay pays for all of my habits and gives me money for college so it helps to know what I am talking about/picking up even though I still make tons of mistakes

9. concealed

concealed Senior member

Canali Reverse Orphans Brownish
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prana 32x32 - this is sorta like an outdoorsy/yoga brand - Lululemon x Patagonia IMO

[​IMG]

Not the best shape, but you never really turn Alden down...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bills M2P 37W
    [​IMG]

Recognized the name from Bloomingdales browsing, probably worth a couple bucks
    [​IMG]

for the trads, New with tags
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple ties
    [​IMG]

Not a bad day from a place that is usually terrible, had to leave behind an awesome navy with like purple/turquoise pinstripes Canali blazer, too bad

10. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Anyone an 11D looking for some black gunboats? Just cleaned these up... They aren't amazing but you can look good walking out to the mail box every day.
    Scuse the quickie cell shots.
    [​IMG]

V clizzeats.
    [​IMG]

11. tben

tben Senior member

Nice tie!

I don't usually do this, but Concealed is a solid dude. Not only did he hook me up with a good price on some pants, but he also hooked me up with some nice extras. Good looks.

12. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

Time well spent - congratulations!
    Do you think that a size 38 could work?
    All of the ones that I have eBay have gone to Asia - So do not be timid about postage. Nice find.

13. mjt73106

mjt73106 Senior member

[​IMG]

When I first saw it on the rack, I thought that it was a smoking jacket as well, but is a real tux - from 1969! Cannot find one flaw! The silk is remarkable.

[​IMG]

Will see that the tailor says about fitting it.

14. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Ditto. Saw some NWT pants at a discount store and was tempted to take a photo of the Slim Fit sizing tag on the waist band and use it as my avatar.:nodding:

15. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

+1 This pretty much sums up 99% of my thrift experiences where I am. It's so *painful*. Then again, I'm guessing this is true for lots of people here. I like to think I have a good eye, but I have to travel a moderate distance to find places with decent men's stuff... c'est la vie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.