• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I assumed that since Vancouver is so obscenely expensive (it's the LA of Canada, apparently), thrifting would be a dream. I was mistaken. The only thing I've found at a reasonable price that might be OKish is this:

These are pretty unworn tassel loafers, and are in excellent condition. I couldn't find much information. Should I go back and pick it up for the $14 or so it would cost me?

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

I'd imagine each pair going for 150-200$ with some tripping that figure.

Shout out to Grendel. Got the hook up with some wooly ties today!!:slayer:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow more amazing finds today by everyone here (that Etro jacket !!!!). Here's my stuff for the day.

Pendleton x4. I pretty much always leave these when I find them individually, but these were all awesome patterns and were in absolutely immaculate condition, obviously from the same single owner. Also, I'm pretty sure these are the higher quality older ones. All made in USA with only the old "Dry clean" tag.

RRL (XL) - I can't tell if this is a shirt or some kind of a jacket. Really heavy. RG

Holland & Sherry

Brooks Bros Golden Fleece. Ugh. I think I screwed up on this one. Would there ever be an instance where the pants would have a faint check and the jacket wouldn't? I, of course, know the answer to this, but am in denial. It's just the pattern is identical except I can't see a check on the jacket while there is a blue one on the pants that I somehow missed in the store. The pants are definitely BBGF pants as well I can tell, just probably for another of the owner's suits. Ugh.

BBGF flannel suit

Zegna "Exclusive High Performance Light" 6/2 DB, Zegna Trofeo 6/2 DB, Zegna S100s 6/1 DB. I committed a cardinal thrifting sin: I picked up orphans.
confused.gif
. But ugh, I never see Zegna and these were really nice. All had working cuffs and were super lightweight and in incredible condition. I'll probably eventually find the pants for them, right? RIGHT???

Older Burberrys, but very nice pattern

Very recent Corneliani 6/2 DB, side vented. Pick stitching along the entire damn jacket length. So incredibly nice.

The coolest find of the day, by far. Dunhill grey birdseye tweed jacket, side vented with leather buttons. Made in italy (don't know maker because the content tag was ripped out).

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, I assumed that since Vancouver is so obscenely expensive (it's the LA of Canada, apparently), thrifting would be a dream. I was mistaken. The only thing I've found at a reasonable price that might be OKish is this:

These are pretty unworn tassel loafers, and are in excellent condition. I couldn't find much information. Should I go back and pick it up for the $14 or so it would cost me?

Pretty much any shoe with the "hand-written" looking label is well-made and likely very expensive. I've grab them if they're not too bizarre of a size.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the Google Doc with all the Zegna Labels? I remember seeing it here. It listed which brands were top tier vs liscensed along with approximate ages of the labels. Saw a Ermenegildo Zegna Troffeo SC today. Couldn't remember if that was worth while or not. It ended up being an orphan so it didn't matter. Just curious.

I started a google document (which was taken from an AAAC thread). it is a work in progress.

IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO EDIT IT LET ME KNOW

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtazSrxIDoKk9Qu4dQ6GZtBxwH0AfcXuRJgAMvuZTiU/edit?pli=1

staxringold

Reaction score

Zegna "Exclusive High Performance Light" 6/2 DB, Zegna Trofeo 6/2 DB, Zegna S100s 6/1 DB. I committed a cardinal thrifting sin: I picked up orphans.
confused.gif
. But ugh, I never see Zegna and these were really nice. All had working cuffs and were super lightweight and in incredible condition. I'll probably eventually find the pants for them, right? RIGHT???
Is that middle Zegna available? And if so what's the size? I really would love it as a suit, but it's still purty.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have security tags on $5 pants and $10 shoes. They also destroyed a perfectly good pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues by punching one through the side, rather than slightly damaging it by shoving one through an eyelet. So the shoes won't get stolen, but I've passed on dozens of items that I would ordinarily snatch up. They've probably lost at least $200 in sales to me alone.

ffffuuuu.gif
Why are people so damn dumb!!?? Some of my shirts had the damn tag punched through the fabric, but shoes???!!! Are you for realZZZZZZZZ!!!????

Wow more amazing finds today by everyone here (that Etro jacket !!!!). Here's my stuff for the day.

confused.gif

lol8[1].gif
RIGHT! That's the attitude! Lady luck and the Thrift God will reward such positivity! That Dunhill is the shitsssss!!!

I started a google document (which was taken from an AAAC thread). it is a work in progress.

IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO EDIT IT LET ME KNOW

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtazSrxIDoKk9Qu4dQ6GZtBxwH0AfcXuRJgAMvuZTiU/edit?pli=1

Ah sweet! Thanks, Brian! This reminds me of the history of Sulka tags page I stumbled across a few months ago...If I find it, I'll post it.

Nothing too great to brag about. Stuff pales in comparison to some of youz guyz. But I still think my stuff is pretty cool, right? Right...

I normally don't buy stuff from vintage shops such as Moon Zoom but I walked into one trying to get some eye candy of some hipster chick in short shorts when I stumbled across this guy.

I was like damn, this thing sure is fugly. But for some strange reason the pattern was so hypnotic, I couldn't keep my eyes of it. So I went to investigate. Hmmm, full canvased, looks like it's from the 60s. Damn, FAT lapels, about almost 4 inches I think. Looked at the make: Wham! HF MTM from back in the days?

Tried it on and fits really well! Yay for fugly lumber Xmas jacket! N/A

Not pictured, Corneliani tweed SC with a hand rolled silk PS in the breast pocket and a vintage Aviator leather jacket!

Guys, ran across this guy with the maker's tag ripped out. Any ideas who made it?

Just for kicks, ran across this fat ass Tom Ford power tie. It was about almost 5 inches wide!!!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff today.

My first Crockett & Jones, with the commando sole, the kind of **** that gets the #menswear dude's panty's wet.

This is NOT the **** that gets #menswear panties wet.
Cucinelli

THIS is the **** that gets #menswear panties wet

And this badd ass Etro goth ninja jacket. Cotton body, silk lined with a ******* lamb fur collar!!!!!!!! :slayer: :slayer:

Dude. Dude. Thats a win.

cotton with silk lining doesn't sound that heavy to me... :nodding:
also: etro = stylish man's RG. there, i said it. :hide:

:lol: I loled so funny so true

Got out again today. :)

Ferragamo alligator/croc lace ups.

My dude. Those are no ordinary 'gamos. The most recent SF croc shoe is solely comprised of neck skins. They dont make anything with belly, center cut tiles. (i.e. the more expensive ones). These, which I have never seen but once on someone, are of skins of the higher (could be highest, I need better pics) caliber. Incredible. Can you send me better pics? We may have a Gucci loafer repeat situ on our hands.

Had to pass on these today. Ran out of monies.

NOOOOOOOO Those are Star Artiolis too....

Nat, I have no hands on experience, but I would be going back for the Artioli shoes. I am sure the honorable SpooPoker will let us know.

Pretty sure I saw Spoo selling a pair of croc Artioli's for about 1.2k.

Yup, theyre in my store right now. (not that much though.)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My dude. Those are no ordinary 'gamos. The most recent SF croc shoe is solely comprised of neck skins. They dont make anything with belly, center cut tiles. (i.e. the more expensive ones). These, which I have never seen but once on someone, are of skins of the higher (could be highest, I need better pics) caliber. Incredible. Can you send me better pics? We may have a Gucci loafer repeat situ on our hands.
NOOOOOOOO Those are Star Artiolis too....

PM sent! I hope they are what you think they may be. If they are, they'll be headed your way. :D

I really regret leaving the other 7-ish pairs. Probably one of my biggest regrets to date, now. One was a pair of lace-up Bruno Maglis that could not have been worn more than 6-7 times. Stamped "genuine alligator" on the sole. Had large tiles throughout. Beautiful pair. Also left a pair of ostrich skin loafers and a bunch of Artioli croc/alligator skin shoes. Couldn't have been helped though. Literally ran outta cash. Oh well. Wasn't meant to be, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads