• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkThomas

Reaction score

staxringold

Reaction score
BB Makers is actually a high quality tie. It means it was made by Brooks Brothers instead of being licensed out to another maker. More here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/68783/brooks-brothers-vs-brooks-brothers-makers
Interesting, thanks! So for 3 bucks not a bad buy at all.

What's the scale of BB makers then? BB Makers > BB > BB 346? And then I've seen "Golden Fleece", "Black Fleece", etc.

EDIT - Found this thread

http://www.styleforum.net/t/249376/bb-golden-fleece-vs-black-fleece

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much today, found some great suit jackets but no pants, so left them behind.

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche - N/A

Polo RL paisley - N/A

Ascot Chang pajamas - N/A (already washed and wearing them now
fing02[1].gif
)

*available

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My camera is washing out all of my pictures so I'm back to my iPhone. If anyone sees something they like, get at me quickly. I can get things sent out tomorrow and will be my last full day in the US.

NWOT PRL cord jacket. Really cool and the vent, outside and inside pockets are all sewn shut. Working cuffs. Size M.

Straight from the dry cleaner yellow Gitman Bros. Barrel cuffs. No size tag, but 23.5" p2p, 24.75" sleeves and a 16ish neck (not sure how to measure that one exactly). Available/

Original Ray-Ban Wayfarer 1 with B&L lenses. Available at near eBay prices.

Anyone want to make $15-$20? Flip this hat. Available at cost + shipping.

PRL by Corneliani cuffed, flat front cords in navy. Fit like a dream, not available.

Stewie

Reaction score
Trad sexiness at it's best - my size! Hardwick.

And a wonderful piece of enamel art work by Harold Balazs...1969 so it's definitely sweet!

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
So it turns out there's a Goodwill in town where everything is priced at 99 cents, so I went there today.
From what I understand Coppley is mid-level at best but this jacket was made with Zegna fabric. 44R, unvented, silk/cotton/linen

I've found a good amount of Coppley stuff, ranging from pretty good (would have bought it if fit) to meh. They often use Zegna cloth fabrics, especially for MTM garments. If that fits and you have enough closet room, awesome. I probably would have passed though, given the lack of vents.

runic

Reaction score

16ish neck (not sure how to measure that one exactly).

Measure along the collar from the center of the top button to the end of the button hole (that's where the button sits when fastened), then take off 0.5 inches.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Work was slow, hit a couple GW's. Nabbed a Canali shirt, nice uneaten Harris tweed SC, 1 or 2 other things.

. . . . . .......

And then there was this:

...thing even has a 3/2 roll, fits me (not that it mattered - would have bought it even if it didn't fit - but now I have to find an excuse to wear it - Vegas baby!)
That, my friend, is awesome!

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

Is this a good Lanvin? Assuming not but it felt nice :D

Anyone needs a Southwick Tuxedo? 1 B Notch Lapel - it was 50 bones so i balked. I'm sure I should of bought it, though

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i pass on anything that says lanvin, ysl, or christian dior 99.99% of the time, see it all the time and its all junk - if the piece is MODERN looking then its probably worth something, if it feels old and crappy, move away immediately

Anth

Reaction score
Big THANKS to JOWEN for the awesome proxy!!
fistbump.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads