• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

staxringold

Reaction score

That's actually a very cool tie, nice way to get a touch of color.

Made my very first thrift purchase today, dark navy with light blue squares, BB Makers. I know it's lesser quality, but for $3 *shrug*

Last edited:

green_machine

Reaction score
Got some cool accessories today. all for the keep

First an awesome belt with the coolest buckles

next is a gift for the wife $10 coach made in usa small black purse mint

Last an ll,bean canvass and suede messanger bag. Not vintage, made in china, but its awesome and I love it. Mint also

highlifeman

Reaction score
Havent posted in a while, my thrifting and SF routine got screwed up due to Hurricane Isaac...as well as work and the kids school-they missed a whole week! Got lucky & didnt have any real damage save a few shingles on the roof, but went without power for 4 days..getting too damn old to stand that kind of heat.

Anyways, getting back in the routine lately, here are some of my pickups from the last week or so...

Polo Cotton Brown Houndstooth Suit, no tag, 22 p/p, 19.5 shoulders, 25 sleeve, 32 BOC, Pants 30w x 31 inseam
(coulda sworn I saw a spot or 2 on this guy, but didnt notice when i got home...will have to double check in the sunlight)

Mint sweet blue Tom James Filo A Mano SC w/ Holland and Sherry Fabric, 19" s/s, 23 pit to pit, 27.5 sleeves, 32.75 BOC

Unlabeled Madras SC, no tag, 19 s/s, 23 p/p, 25 sleeve, 29.25 BOC

Isaia (my 1st), tagged 17 but fits a little smaller, keeping

RLPL s/s shirt, keeping (has a couple of spots but should clean up)

Sweet Zegna s/s linen, size M, keeping for now..(I think...)

Vintage Danner Goretex hiking boots, size 11D

Props to Nataku for hooking me up w/ a pair of sweet RRL selvage jeans....of course, having never found a pair of selvage
in a thrift, I find one pair right before I get them in the mail, and 1 right after...neither my size though, though the Edwins almost fit but a little big...

Edwin

Naked and Famous Weird Guy Indigo, Tag 30, actual @ 31.5

Vineyard Vines wide red cords, tag 32, probably @ 33ish

Gotta start hitting it hard again !!

Sartro

Reaction score
I'm assuming this isn't entirely bragworthy compared to nabbing some Zegna/Hermes/Brioni ones, but 6 Banana Republic ties for $5 is a good score in my book.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this isn't entirely bragworthy compared to nabbing some Zegna/Hermes/Brioni ones, but 6 Banana Republic ties for $5 is a good score in my book.

Italian-made BR ties are pretty nice in my opinion - have picked up 3 or 4 myself at thrift prices - why not if they look good and you'll wear them?

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It wasn't on ebay I would never sell fakes on ebay, I sold this to a guy who was dating the girl I liked and was a general all around douche so I didn't feel so bad about it

I approve.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I can't have nice things. I post a baller coat and y'all pooh-pooh it. Well, I'm wearing it in Vegas, and maybe in line at the DMV. Honey badger don't give a ****.
I think that was one of the most baller scores in the last 100 pages
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

also **** the dmv

Sartro

Reaction score

Italian-made BR ties are pretty nice in my opinion - have picked up 3 or 4 myself at thrift prices - why not if they look good and you'll wear them? 

Yeah. I'm still very new to this and only have a thrift budget. I was lucky to find three Bizzocchi ties for $1.50 a piece (although they're a bit wide) and also have a few Robert Talbotts (just regular Nordstrom ones) that I like the look and feel of. These Banana Republic ones also have that same thick "weightiness" and, as far as "mall brands" go, BR's definitely my favorite so I tend to grab it anyway if it's priced low enough. I was impressed at the range of colors too, since they seem to be pretty versatile ties rather than the ugly patterns and colors I usually see on the racks.

Last edited:

MarkThomas

Reaction score
Not much today, found some great suit jackets but no pants, so left them behind.

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche - N/A

Polo RL paisley - N/A

Armani Collezioni grey pants and actually in my size!

Borsalino Doria Gruppo tweed driver - Available

Ascot Chang pajamas - N/A (already washed and wearing them now
fing02[1].gif
)

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it turns out there's a Goodwill in town where everything is priced at 99 cents, so I went there today.

From what I understand Coppley is mid-level at best but this jacket was made with Zegna fabric. 44R, unvented, silk/cotton/linen

Also this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads