• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

Reaction score

assuming you're buying for personal use and not for ebay flipping:
be careful, examine the styling closely. suit was made in 1983. what are the chances that a suit made in 1983 won't look horribly dated today? "timeless styling" is a myth.

I am not sure why he would use it for personal ends, do you see the name of the person it was made for?

Mox C

Reaction score
Thanks, Randy. It's all good. I misread his post and intent. He just wanted to know if there were any places of note in SF, and from that frame of mind, I could see where my post might sound condescending. Ian already acknowledged he misread mine.
--
Heh, and now I see that you saw... I'll just stop now.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a strong post-secondary market for the used clothes of the elite? I mean, I can understand people who are a part of pop consciousness, but a corporate dynasty like the Rothschilds? I'm really curious. Like, would a suit owned by a Rockefeller be worth scrilla?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a strong post-secondary market for the used clothes of the elite? I mean, I can understand people who are a part of pop consciousness, but a corporate dynasty like the Rothschilds? I'm really curious. Like, would a suit owned by a Rockefeller be worth scrilla?
I sold a bespoke suit for john wayne before but I am 80% sure it was fake oh well the guy still bought it but if a custom suit for famous people is worth faking then there must be a market right?

Mr_Elusive

Reaction score
So, I grabbed the Alexander McQueen. It's mint and the pockets are still stitched up. It's 44R but *slim* for a 44. I wear a 42 and this fit me pretty good in the shoulders and the body. If Samuel Smith passes on it, its available before hitting the bay.

There was a dude going through the ties and labels violently, I thought for sure everything was gone but alas...

Mox C

Reaction score

Like, would a suit owned by a Rockefeller be worth scrilla?

That's much more appealing to my twisted brain than MJ's glitter pants would be, but I doubt that's the case for most people. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a select few who collected such things from on the historical bent of it. I would be surprised if that market could be labeled "strong". But that's all a guess. Why the hell am I posting?

Oh yeah, cool jacket. I love owning things with history, especially ones you can trace.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ended up not going to the city but still found some stuff in my town

SPOO IS THIS REAL!? if not I am still going to keep it because it fits me...

wesc jeans these are a consistent 80 dollar bill for me, which is more than I got for some apc's I sold, ebay doesn't make sense sometimes

awesome new old stock brooks brothers "fun" shirts both size xl

sunglasses, brooks brothers as well, are these for guys or girls?

I also found some new with tags converse selvage jeans that people were excited about last year but they had a hole in the back :/ size 30x32 I can go back if anyone wants to deal with that

also should I go back for this? it seemed dated

I also have a couple of questions on these labels of stuff I saw and didn't pick up because I was unsure about them

saw two of these, pick up worthy? I thought he just made bad cologne?

I know some of yall like orvis for them toasy warm sportcoats this was about a size 42-44, availible for me to proxy

Last edited:

toscano_adottato

Reaction score

John Voight's Le Baron was very in demand.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

So, I grabbed the Alexander McQueen. It's mint and the pockets are still stitched up. It's 44R but *slim* for a 44. I wear a 42 and this fit me pretty good in the shoulders and the body. If Samuel Smith passes on it, its available before hitting the bay.

There was a dude going through the ties and labels violently, I thought for sure everything was gone but alas...

Yarrrr. Samuel smith be not passing on that one. Nor the TA tie.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ian, Orvis is ok. Some people like Alexandre, but its not anything special. The rest of the stuff you had questions on is no good.

Beck

Reaction score
Found some great shoes in the windy city! Most are vintage and in excellent condition. Only came out for a few days but love the resturants you guys have out there! all for sale to SF members;

Young-Quinlan Rothschild Made in England. Hand lasted and hand finished. Cool Black oxford Not sure the makers.. SIZE 9D

Bench-made Fred Norton Black leather Strap loafers made in Irthlingborough, North Hampton England Sz 9 1/2 D , These are also hand lasted , and hand finished
(Awesome Marbo Heel Plates!)

Aspen Trail Finders Suede Brown Oxford Crepe Soled Shoes Sz 9 1/2D Made in Poland

Brooks English Pebble Grain Black Oxford Shoes Size 10C with awesome Dainite British soles. and Cat's Paw heels..

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads