• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another thrift fit, got a new blazer at the goodwill and am taking it for a test run

blazer is cotton unstructured patch pocket fully lined peak lapel center vent from zara of all places... best of all the sleeves are actually almost long enough!!
trad style

club owner/cocaine dealer style

fit critiques would be appreciated but I think it fits rather well, my main concern is finding out how to wear it

EBTX66

Reaction score

What size is that suit? It sounds gorgeous. 

It's a 40R. If I hold my breath I can just about get 1/3 of my arm in one of the sleeves. It will be on eBay in the next week or so.

Good to see ya back! You had excellent, consistent finds in the past. Probably due to your location. Did you end up moving?
Real and is made by Zegna.

No, I'm still in Dallas. I don't graduate until May of 2013. Then, the gravy train will no doubt dry up. Someone will definitely have to move here and take up the slack.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRL American alligator strap. Made in Italy. Size 40. Unavailable now, but possibly available in the future. Worn, but in very decent shape. No cuts or major wear in the leather. It's nice, but not as nice as the Sid Mashburn strap I picked up a few months ago. Sorry for the ****** iPhone pics.

Can someone decipher this marking on the buckle? Isn't 925 sterling silver? Does that mean Sulfer and Iron are the remaining 7.5?

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Past week and a half or so.
(click to show/hide)
2i7pqub.jpg
5cc5qw.jpg
23wpog0.jpg
D'Avenza chocolate brown glen plaid with windowpane check, Super 120s 70/30 wool/mohair blend suit (baller) (It feels around a 46R-48. Will measure later)
ns9dx.jpg
zvoe1k.jpg
Super recent Brooks Bros Regent 1818 w/Loro Piana fabric side vented blazer w/sweet buttons (42L)
fnvmtj.jpg
Recent Brooks Bros mainline w/Loro Piana super 110s, blue herringbone SC (42R)
6jn2ax.jpg
HF blue windowpane SC (48L)
v58pl2.jpg
o0qwkj.jpg
PRL (not Corneliani, unfortunately) chocolate cord SC w/functional cuffs (XL)
1zvx4qh.jpg
25817p3.jpg
Straight up SICK NASTY vintage Pendleton SC w/red buttons (I'm guessing earlier than 70s...it has a 1949 copyright union tag)
2ldznf4.jpg
NWT Piatelli, Tyrwhitt, Ted Baker, Pink, Etro, Gucci
2v150zo.jpg
Vineyard Vines custom "SMH Capital" tie (ha, this one will have a limited audience), PRL
29c2ljo.jpg
NWOT Skinny Ben Sherman, NWT skinny Ben Sherman, BB, BB, BB
wbtaqb.jpg
Zegna, Etro, Vineyard Vines, Boss
34niofo.jpg
Zegna chocolate cords (no tagged size...probably 36 or so waist)
2ebsm6b.jpg
Hugo Boss "Stretch" jeans (38 x 34)
i1g2g3.jpg
Navy flat front PRL pants with suede pocket accents (34 x 30)

The goods:
(click to show/hide)
kbommf.jpg
Zegna, Ben Silver, Ben Silver, Ben Silver, Bizzocchi
2vx3eh0.jpg
Brooks Bros Moleskin (34 x 34), Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis (3 @ 36, 1 @ 35)
1ovq6x.jpg
vo1xmw.jpg
20kou3p.jpg
Fray, Zegna, Eton Lorenzini (16/41), Ascot Chang, Ascot Chang Gant Rugger (Mediium), D&G (17/43)
6qlfmc.jpg
Recent Brooks (gorgeous houndstooth pattern) (46R)
1496x52.jpg
Recent Brooks (Lambswool/Cashmere) (41L)
2jba9ts.jpg
Zegna (58L EU)
126barq.jpg
Recent Southwick silk blend (gorgeous, underrated IMO) (42T)
mtw7fc.jpg
Recent HF (44R)
2z403mw.jpg
Eljo's (Trad dudes apparently love it - sack, 2pleated...very BB/JPress'ey) (
2a8g6mw.jpg
Brooks Bros Madison 1818, silk blend (38R)
rjed93.jpg
Recent Burberry London (navy, side vented) (46L)

Ebay fodder:

(click to show/hide)
2chrfk7.jpg
Nat Nast (so ugly...no idea why this does so well on ebay), Pink, Pink, Hickey, Hickey
2rooknl.jpg
Robert Graham, Robert Graham, Hickey, Thomas Pink (can anyone verify this label? I've never seen it; legit?)

2py22on.jpg

n4w8xu.jpg

2duksp1.jpg

jt01ue.jpg

2dlpw69.jpg

The shoes both need some clean up (as one would expect with suede), but aside from some scuffing, there's no real damage on either pair and they should clean up quite well. The T&As are desperately in need of the treatment, but also should clean up well with no issue. Not too shabby for a quick stop.
2r2t2lh.jpg

95vr0l.jpg

2zzqarr.jpg
Alden for Brooks Bros, #2161 shell cordovan
(click to show/hide)
29wrgh2.jpg
Allen Edmonds Park Aves (9D)
33c5f6u.jpg
PRL for Corneliani x2 (32R, 30R)
2e1d7yh.jpg
Canali "Exclusive Collection" FC (16.5/41), Armani Collezioni FC (15/38), Vineyard Vines NWOT (legit NWOT...still has pricetag strings/coardboard/needles) (Large), Thomas Pink (Large)
16kv0pw.jpg
PRL for Corneliani unstructured cotton SC (38R)
35k4foj.jpg
Burberrys' Suit (older, but actually really nice. Heavy grey flannel)
21mdb94.jpg
Zegna "High Performance" SC (52L EU)
9k2n2d.jpg
91kv8x.jpg
Cartier 6/1 brass button DB (anyone know if this is *that* Cartier? The writing looks the same, and it looks like they do make some men's clothing. Oh well, interesting nonetheless)
5l5klz.jpg
Hickey Freeman Suit (42L)
241wepe.jpg
Orvis odd vest (blue herringbone; really cool)
29g06s7.jpg
219xlab.jpg
Canali, D&G, Versace (think it's real, but authenticity check would be nice. The keeper has been ripped/cut off...can still see the strings that attached it)
Wow!!! Crazy haul! :slayer:
No, I'm still in Dallas. I don't graduate until May of 2013. Then, the gravy train will no doubt dry up. Someone will definitely have to move here and take up the slack.
Dang - I wish I were in a position to do so!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And if you do find them, they don't seem to ever be marked down. There are a couple RLPL pocket squares at my local TJ's that have been sitting there at $49.99 for six months. That being said, Spoo found an E. Marinella tie marked down to $39 at one of those discount stores, so YMMV.

Yes I did.

Granted, Spoo knows way more about fashion than myself, but I kind of like that suit on Eazy--it straddles that fine line, I think, between the Ramones and the professor. Darts are a deal killer, though. They really stand out on plaids like that.

I didnt say (in so many words) that I didnt like it.... just not on him at his age, thats all.

It's not a Breitling, but I picked up this selfwinder today. From the end of the Benrus quality era, just before they became licensed crap (I think). It runs like a champ. The inscription goes well with the Elmer Fudd hat I found last week.

Finding stuff like this makes me sad because you know that someone either fell hard out of love or died and broke someones heart.

I've been out of the game for 4-5 months now because my wife drew a line in the sand and demanded I clean out the backlog. I've made a serious dent in it lately, plus I concentrated on buying her stuff for a while - you guys should try it; it works wonders - so on my way to lunch I stopped at a Goodwill on a whim. I found a killer Polo brown chalkstripe single breasted 3/2 peak lapelled side-vented suit, a pair of ff Canali slacks, and Lorenzini and Armani shirts. Once I got the suit home I was going through the pockets and found a carefully folded Hermes pocket square! Damn, I've forgotten how awesome this hobby is. I thought I had the addiction licked but now it looks like I'm back on the thrifting crack pipe...

Pics of the Pocket square!

Found this today. It looks legit, but I think I need MixMaster Spoo to check it. !

Real, by Zegna - about 1992-93 I think.

workthatwedo

Reaction score

(click to show/hide)

2i7pqub.jpg

5cc5qw.jpg

23wpog0.jpg

D'Avenza chocolate brown glen plaid with windowpane check, Super 120s 70/30 wool/mohair blend suit (baller) (It feels around a 46R-48. Will measure later)

ns9dx.jpg

zvoe1k.jpg

Super recent Brooks Bros Regent 1818 w/Loro Piana fabric side vented blazer w/sweet buttons (42L)

fnvmtj.jpg

6jn2ax.jpg

v58pl2.jpg

o0qwkj.jpg

1zvx4qh.jpg

25817p3.jpg

Straight up SICK NASTY vintage Pendleton SC w/red buttons (I'm guessing earlier than 70s...it has a 1949 copyright union tag)

2ldznf4.jpg

2v150zo.jpg

Vineyard Vines custom "SMH Capital" tie (ha, this one will have a limited audience), PRL

29c2ljo.jpg

wbtaqb.jpg

34niofo.jpg

2ebsm6b.jpg

i1g2g3.jpg

The goods:

(click to show/hide)
kbommf.jpg

2vx3eh0.jpg

Brooks Bros Moleskin (34 x 34), Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis, Bills Khakis (3 @ 36, 1 @ 35)

1ovq6x.jpg

vo1xmw.jpg

20kou3p.jpg

Fray, Zegna, Eton
Lorenzini (16/41), Ascot Chang, Ascot Chang
Gant Rugger (Mediium), D&G (17/43)

6qlfmc.jpg

1496x52.jpg

2jba9ts.jpg

Zegna (58L EU)

126barq.jpg

mtw7fc.jpg

Recent HF (44R)

2z403mw.jpg

2a8g6mw.jpg

rjed93.jpg

Ebay fodder:

(click to show/hide)
2chrfk7.jpg

Nat Nast (so ugly...no idea why this does so well on ebay), Pink, Pink, Hickey, Hickey

2rooknl.jpg

Robert Graham, Robert Graham, Hickey, Thomas Pink (can anyone verify this label? I've never seen it; legit?)

2py22on.jpg

n4w8xu.jpg

2duksp1.jpg

jt01ue.jpg

2dlpw69.jpg

The shoes both need some clean up (as one would expect with suede), but aside from some scuffing, there's no real damage on either pair and they should clean up quite well. The T&As are desperately in need of the treatment, but also should clean up well with no issue. Not too shabby for a quick stop.

2r2t2lh.jpg

95vr0l.jpg

2zzqarr.jpg

(click to show/hide)
29wrgh2.jpg

33c5f6u.jpg

2e1d7yh.jpg

Canali "Exclusive Collection" FC (16.5/41), Armani Collezioni FC (15/38), Vineyard Vines NWOT (legit NWOT...still has pricetag strings/coardboard/needles) (Large), Thomas Pink (Large)

16kv0pw.jpg

35k4foj.jpg

21mdb94.jpg

9k2n2d.jpg

91kv8x.jpg

Cartier 6/1 brass button DB (anyone know if this is *that* Cartier? The writing looks the same, and it looks like they do make some men's clothing. Oh well, interesting nonetheless)

5l5klz.jpg

241wepe.jpg

29g06s7.jpg

219xlab.jpg

Canali, D&G, Versace (think it's real, but authenticity check would be nice. The keeper has been ripped/cut off...can still see the strings that attached it)

Wow Andro.

Shout out to concealed for hooking me up with some sweet shoes (I think originally kop'd by eazy so big ups to you too).

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed on a polo coat today. Marked my size, but fit a bit big. Camel hair. Fully canvassed. Made for a long defunct local men's store. Price was decent, but the wool was fairly worn on a few places, particularly on the front.

Though I'm still thinking about it, so I might go back tomorrow to pick it up and see what, if anything, my tailor can do.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great haul by Andro, epic :slayer:

Something in Andro's post tripped my mind though.

Is D'Avenza worth picking up? I saw around 5 suits in GW last week and one was NWOT complete with baggie containing buttons and spare fabric. Seemed recent as well, 3 roll 2 lapels, high gorge, double vents, working cuffs, flat front to double pleated pants...

Checking eBay it seems they are worth less than a pair of generic skid-marked speedo's though.

I have heard of this brand before as being decent quality (below Brioni but above Brooks Brothers), but the suits in GW were priced around 50bucks and the NOWT one was 80bucks. I felt at time not worth a pick up and probably would be nigh on impossible to trade with one of you fellows. Not name brandy enough for me to dish out the notes. But I could go back and see if still there. In case you fellows are wondering on the size they were all 38-40 range.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great haul by Andro, epic
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Something in Andro's post tripped my mind though.
Is D'Avenza worth picking up? I saw around 5 suits in GW last week and one was NWOT complete with baggie containing buttons and spare fabric. Seemed recent as well, 3 roll 2 lapels, high gorge, double vents, working cuffs, flat front to double pleated pants...
Checking eBay it seems they are worth less than a pair of generic skid-marked speedo's though.
I have heard of this brand before as being decent quality (below Brioni but above Brooks Brothers), but the suits in GW were priced around 50bucks and the NOWT one was 80bucks. I felt at time not worth a pick up and probably would be nigh on impossible to trade with one of you fellows. Not name brandy enough for me to dish out the notes. But I could go back and see if still there. In case you fellows are wondering on the size they were all 38-40 range.
please do, if there is a 40 with 32 waist in navy you probably have a buyer, also I live right next to sf so I can pick it up from you

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Wow lots of PM's! Since when were D'Avenza a desirable or wanted brand? I thought it was just par for the course / run of the mill Italian stuff nobody would shake two ***** at. Dont get me wrong I thought the quality was OK but nobody here talks about the brand - it is as if they do not exist on Styleforum. Like all those "insert generic name" Uomo suits. Go figure. I will go back and see if they still there.

Septimus

Reaction score
Passed on a polo coat today. Marked my size, but fit a bit big. Camel hair. Fully canvassed. Made for a long defunct local men's store. Price was decent, but the wool was fairly worn on a few places, particularly on the front.
Though I'm still thinking about it, so I might go back tomorrow to pick it up and see what, if anything, my tailor can do.
Posting anonymously on To the Manor Born?
satisfied.gif

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow - what size?!?! If they are 42-44, I call dibs! D'avenza is one of those labels that would sell really well on here, but not on the bay. Quality is amazing but the name isn't that well known. Same for Ravazzolo, which I found a ton of last year in one sitting.

Stewie

Reaction score

Can someone decipher this marking on the buckle? Isn't 925 sterling silver? Does that mean Sulfer and Iron are the remaining 7.5?

Yes its Sterling, S Fe is Santa Fe...JR Ltd..James Reid Silversmiths...nice find as well...whats the front look like?

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I think it was more the styling you mentioned that interested people

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(click to show/hide)

2i7pqub.jpg

5cc5qw.jpg

23wpog0.jpg

ns9dx.jpg

zvoe1k.jpg

fnvmtj.jpg

6jn2ax.jpg

v58pl2.jpg

o0qwkj.jpg

1zvx4qh.jpg

25817p3.jpg

2ldznf4.jpg

2v150zo.jpg

29c2ljo.jpg

wbtaqb.jpg

34niofo.jpg

2ebsm6b.jpg

i1g2g3.jpg

The goods:

(click to show/hide)
kbommf.jpg

2vx3eh0.jpg

1ovq6x.jpg

vo1xmw.jpg

20kou3p.jpg

Fray, Zegna, Eton
Lorenzini (16/41), Ascot Chang, Ascot Chang
Gant Rugger (Mediium), D&G (17/43)

6qlfmc.jpg

1496x52.jpg

2jba9ts.jpg

Zegna (58L EU)

126barq.jpg

mtw7fc.jpg

Recent HF (44R)

2z403mw.jpg

2a8g6mw.jpg

rjed93.jpg

Ebay fodder:

(click to show/hide)
2chrfk7.jpg

2rooknl.jpg

2py22on.jpg

n4w8xu.jpg

2duksp1.jpg

jt01ue.jpg

2dlpw69.jpg

2r2t2lh.jpg

95vr0l.jpg

2zzqarr.jpg

(click to show/hide)
29wrgh2.jpg

33c5f6u.jpg

2e1d7yh.jpg

16kv0pw.jpg

35k4foj.jpg

21mdb94.jpg

9k2n2d.jpg

91kv8x.jpg

5l5klz.jpg

241wepe.jpg

29g06s7.jpg

219xlab.jpg

Goddamn! Straight up killing it in this mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bounce2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads