The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

another thrift fit, got a new blazer at the goodwill and am taking it for a test run

blazer is cotton unstructured patch pocket fully lined peak lapel center vent from zara of all places... best of all the sleeves are actually almost long enough!!
    trad style
    [​IMG]
    club owner/cocaine dealer style
    [​IMG]

fit critiques would be appreciated but I think it fits rather well, my main concern is finding out how to wear it

2. EBTX66

EBTX66 Senior member

It's a 40R. If I hold my breath I can just about get 1/3 of my arm in one of the sleeves. It will be on eBay in the next week or so.

No, I'm still in Dallas. I don't graduate until May of 2013. Then, the gravy train will no doubt dry up. Someone will definitely have to move here and take up the slack.

3. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

PRL American alligator strap. Made in Italy. Size 40. Unavailable now, but possibly available in the future. Worn, but in very decent shape. No cuts or major wear in the leather. It's nice, but not as nice as the Sid Mashburn strap I picked up a few months ago. Sorry for the shitty iPhone pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Can someone decipher this marking on the buckle? Isn't 925 sterling silver? Does that mean Sulfer and Iron are the remaining 7.5?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow!!! Crazy haul! :slayer:
    Dang - I wish I were in a position to do so!

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes I did.

[​IMG]

I didnt say (in so many words) that I didnt like it.... just not on him at his age, thats all.

Finding stuff like this makes me sad because you know that someone either fell hard out of love or died and broke someones heart.

Pics of the Pocket square!

Real, by Zegna - about 1992-93 I think.

6. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

Wow Andro.

Shout out to concealed for hooking me up with some sweet shoes (I think originally kop'd by eazy so big ups to you too).

7. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Passed on a polo coat today. Marked my size, but fit a bit big. Camel hair. Fully canvassed. Made for a long defunct local men's store. Price was decent, but the wool was fairly worn on a few places, particularly on the front.

Though I'm still thinking about it, so I might go back tomorrow to pick it up and see what, if anything, my tailor can do.

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Great haul by Andro, epic :slayer:

Something in Andro's post tripped my mind though.

Is D'Avenza worth picking up? I saw around 5 suits in GW last week and one was NWOT complete with baggie containing buttons and spare fabric. Seemed recent as well, 3 roll 2 lapels, high gorge, double vents, working cuffs, flat front to double pleated pants...

Checking eBay it seems they are worth less than a pair of generic skid-marked speedo's though.

I have heard of this brand before as being decent quality (below Brioni but above Brooks Brothers), but the suits in GW were priced around 50bucks and the NOWT one was 80bucks. I felt at time not worth a pick up and probably would be nigh on impossible to trade with one of you fellows. Not name brandy enough for me to dish out the notes. But I could go back and see if still there. In case you fellows are wondering on the size they were all 38-40 range.

9. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

please do, if there is a 40 with 32 waist in navy you probably have a buyer, also I live right next to sf so I can pick it up from you

10. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

:confused:

Wow lots of PM's! Since when were D'Avenza a desirable or wanted brand? I thought it was just par for the course / run of the mill Italian stuff nobody would shake two shits at. Dont get me wrong I thought the quality was OK but nobody here talks about the brand - it is as if they do not exist on Styleforum. Like all those "insert generic name" Uomo suits. Go figure. I will go back and see if they still there.

11. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Posting anonymously on To the Manor Born? [​IMG]

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow - what size?!?! If they are 42-44, I call dibs! D'avenza is one of those labels that would sell really well on here, but not on the bay. Quality is amazing but the name isn't that well known. Same for Ravazzolo, which I found a ton of last year in one sitting.

13. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Yes its Sterling, S Fe is Santa Fe...JR Ltd..James Reid Silversmiths...nice find as well...whats the front look like?

14. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Quote:I think it was more the styling you mentioned that interested people

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Goddamn! Straight up killing it in this mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.