1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubby34

tubby34 Well-Known Member

I just scooped up a bunch of stuff while thrifting today, one shop, one stop too....let me know how I did when I post the pics please. I think I got all staples, well- according to my classless closet atleast.

2. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Success! Found the matching Margiela pants in the ladies' section.

3. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Please let that haul land at 42L

4. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

That wouldn't do you any good, as that's my size too :)

5. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

[​IMG]
    Found a sportcoat and some other items with the baracuta label is it current?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Popped my brioni suit cherry of wait nvm db orphan DAMN IT
    Also got my first Alden's today and a nos 3 piece bb union made suit in a dope pow wool I will post pics later size 43R 38 waist flat front 3 roll 2 ect

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Fit pic from today... Not sure I like how that SC wears... Gonna see what my tailor can do

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barbour Eskdale red quilted coat from eBay
    Vintage leather gloves thrifted by me
    HF made in Italy SC / jacket (lining, etc. look more like outerwear) thrifted by me
    Zegna shirt from someone here
    Chipp2 grenadine
    Zanella flat front moleskin pants from someone here

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

My first Brioni jacket.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. tubby34

tubby34 Well-Known Member

A good seam ripper can get that embroidery out, have you or someone you know who can do it. They are for sale at Joann Fabric for 3 bucks. Just tedious because if you don't take your time you can damage the coat..

9. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Thanks. I'll investigate more fully maybe with my tailor. I checked to see how the embroidery is on there - like if it through all the layers - but it's only on the outer hell in doesn't go through the insulation or inner lining. Can you tell I know nothing about the mysteries of promotional item embroidery? :D

10. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

[​IMG]
    Suck it brand new tux pockets still sewed shut 10.99 will post more pics later but as of now I am freaking out because I took my friend to thrift with me and was teaching him about it and he said is dries can noten good and I basically shit my pants he also found a Loro piana orphan he is lucky as hell (couldn't find pants so we passed)

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Nice, dude!

12. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

I've been thrifting regularly while I learn about fit and details - had some interesting finds, but not much of particular note yet. I also work a block from a Nordstrom Rack, where I found this Ermenegildo Zegna "Milano" fit gray suit today, in my size, marked down to an obscenely low percentage of retail. It had the "Altered or Refinished" label on it (accounting for the the price), but neither I nor the in-house tailor could see any evidence that it's been actually been altered. A bit wrinkly -- looks like it spent some time stuffed in a shopping bag, but otherwise brand new, in perfect condition, unfinished cuffs, all the basting in place.

Needs just a few tweaks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. amadar

amadar Senior member

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Zegna's Milano fit is :nodding:

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

[​IMG]

Gaddammit! Y U MAKE MORE COMPETITION!!!

15. Beck

Beck Senior member

A quality find, my dear chap! :nods head:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  16. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

If the MMM and Isaia weren't nice enough finds, this looks insane! Can't wait to see what the garment looks like.
    This, folks, is why is pays off to search the womens section. I lost count of all the orphaned suit pants I've found there. That and I shop for my wife so I'm in there anyway.
    :wow:
    Nice!! :slayer:

17. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Any 16.5/34s out there? Scored two really nice Paul Stuart dress shirts today.

Also found some great stuff for myself at TJ Maxx/Marshall's on clearance:
    -two pairs of Panthrellas
    -double pack of thick Woolrich socks
    -PRL socks
    -jack spade leather key fob
    -Tumi computer sleeve

I was pretty happy with my pick ups.

Also the one Marshall's had a Acne jacket for $69 down from $199. Don't know enough about the brand though.

18. sn0wman

sn0wman Senior member

Had a marginal run today for just 2 stores - thought it was better at the time, but the measurements weren't quite as nice as I thought...

Nice Canali shirt, a BB shirt cotton/cashmere blend (haven't seen that before), a PRL belt and a BB Makers tie:

[​IMG]

Then I did my good deed for the day - found a 43R Jack Victor coat that I liked, and then searched out the pants to reunite the suit for cheap. I'm pretty sure they wanted to be reunited at least...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I found a 48R (or so) Pronto Uomo Tuxedo - Super 120s with Lanificio di Valdengo fabric. At first, I thought it was Loro Piana, but afraid not. Always passed on Pronto Uomo before, but figured I could trade/flip this pretty easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Timmah

Timmah Senior member

20. Beck

Beck Senior member

I found a Masatomo blazer in the wild the other day and it's like the defining factors of japanese suit. It's slim, has amazing silver buttons and fits like a glove... I checked Ebay to see if I could snag some of their other stuff but low and behold ..Everything is expensive as hell.....I wish in knew Wowniceshirt in Real life... dat velvet purple blazer [​IMG]
    pic...related...
    [​IMG]
    EDIT

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.