• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the tie on the right is just angled funny causing that distortion of shape.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree, although I always tend to pick something up if I can get it in the 3$ range vs the $7.50 range, sounds like not much difference, but it adds up when you sell 50 items. Since you are already listing your bigger items, why not go through the trouble of selling a few more singles-level items. Then every once in awhile something will pop that you don't expect, and its worth it.

+1 They do add up.

What's the deal with a lot of people buying kind of ugly ties just beacause they are from famous brands and priced at 10 bucks?
I mean, what's the pointing of buying ties you don't want just because they are cheap?

A lot of people are doing great finds but a lot of people are also buying ****.

What might be **** to you might be pretty awesome to another bloke.

I swear I've seen this on the official maker id tag thread...I'll do some digging.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Left Field Twill Khakis - I'm thinking it's these. Left Field is an awesome heritage/SWD brand for those of you wondering.
Seems like someone moved the buttons to make the pants fit smaller but should be able to move them back without issues.

Wow, grail. Left Field chinos rarely come up on eBay, let alone at a thrift, as the brand is only a few years old. I hope that a) those aren't my size or b) you intend to flip them on eBay. Damn, I need to visit either SF or LA.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up these near mint French Shriner longwing's in shell, in my size! :slayer:

Also, George Shearing and L.L Cool J, Walking With a Panther.

Fine score on those shoes.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are sz 34 and have been hemmed to maybe a 30. These are going to JPmorris, but if he doesn't want them, I'm sure they'll do really well on the bay.
Wow, grail. Left Field chinos rarely come up on eBay, let alone at a thrift, as the brand is only a few years old. I hope that a) those aren't my size or b) you intend to flip them on eBay. Damn, I need to visit either SF or LA.

codhead

Reaction score

I agree. I see quite a few of these. They're great quality shirts but I find margins on shirts are thin. Spoo mentioned on the ebay thread that even he has thin margins on shirts, something about, in his words, "the body's first line of defence." :uhoh: People just don't go for them.
Anyway, if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for particular sizes of Eton, PM, I'm happy to proxy.

Never had a problem selling an Eton for £30 or more. As for the "body's first line of defence", I limit that to socks & underwear, everything else is fair game, providing it fits. And it's gonna fit someone somtime

I reckon many people who are quite happy to buy on eBay are snobs who wouldn't dream of being seen in a charity shop or buying from a carboot. These same people (bless them for they make me money), are happy to buy from eBay because they think it's just like another on-line store.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna, J.Press, Ben Silver x 2

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thrift Fit Pic
Picked up this Vintage Elmer Fudd hunting cap today to annoy the crap out of my wife. So far it has been quite successful.
devil.gif

Maui Jim Sunglasses not thrifted, paid full retail...plus the cost of prescription lenses. I still love them.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift Fit Pick
Picked up this Vintage Elmer Fudd hunting cap today to annoy the crap out of my wife. So far it has been quite successful.
devil.gif

Maui Jim Sunglasses not thrifted, paid full retail...plus the cost of prescription lenses. I still love them.

Wes, you gotta get that matching flannel!

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple shirts

Canali (17" neck)

TM Lewin, slim fit, french cuff (15.5" neck, 34.5" sleeves)

x2 Brooks Brothers, slim fit (16.5" neck, 35" sleeves)

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can you guys stay on the lookout for a solid dark green or dark blue bucket hat? preferably of waxed cotton with a sturdy brim

recent finds

a tribe called quest, clash, zeppelin, miles davis, hendrix, chapman

a sweet batman comic set in victorian england where he fights jack the ripper

MUDDA FUKKIN shep fairey print
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Samuel Smith

Reaction score

Couple shirts
Canali (17" neck)

TM Lewin, slim fit, french cuff (15.5" neck, 34.5" sleeves)

x2 Brooks Brothers, slim fit (16.5" neck, 35" sleeves)

Tm Lewin please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics