1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Well, there is precedent for this. Zach de Rocha quit Rage. That blew me away. When my bud told me, I was like, "He did what?!?" :brick:
    Hasim Rahman had just beaten Lennox Lewis for the heavyweight championship. Word went out that he was looking for a manager promoter. Well, all these heavy hitters started putting together proposals and they were all structured like have one title defense get a payday, have another one another payday, etc. Multimillion dollar contracts. People like Donald Trump and respectable management companies submitted proposals. Don King however beat them all out. He just picked up Rahman in a limo and had $750,000 in cash in a black duffel bag and the contract. :wow: Athletes...

2. concealed

concealed Senior member

probably a BOA employee

3. Timmah

Timmah Senior member

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

I actually see quite a few middle aged white guys who are obviously wealthy wearing these around the city. Usually untucked, under a blazer with jeans. You can spot them a mile away.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  5. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

6. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

I've got a half dozen of these, including a spectacularly ugly limited edition all-silk number, that I need to get up on fleabay....

7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Did anyone else read this and have to go back up to find out what he meant by MMF, because "money market fund" wasn't the first thing that came to mind?

So... degenerate gamblers gambling (quite elaborately) on how much a degenerate gambler had in the account he just withdrew from? There's an MC Escher painting in there somewhere.

Because his (and our) other hobby, picking up worn clothing that someone felt was the worst thing in their closet, then either wearing or reselling it is less creepy?

Thanks for the kind words on the haul, dudes. Listed my Trafalgars today, before DM7 floods the market. Ends Superbowl Sunday, but something tells me that the dudes bidding up Trafalgar braces aren't going to be impacted by the Superbowl.

1 person likes this.
  8. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Damn. Nice return on that fugly RG. The best I've done this year shop far:

$2.00 Hermes tie sold for $147.00

Today I picked up like 10 pairs of incotex, zegna, LP, brioni, canali pants. I passed on about 15 zanella crazy pleated pants.

On the last store there was absolutely nothing good except for these 3 gems.

The suit is Liverano & Liverano. Dated and has some stains but for $9 I couldn't bear to leave it. Then out of a hundred ties 1 Hermes for $1.50! And then I paid cash instead of credit and got a 1944 silver quarter as change.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

10. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Yes, because it's the norm on this thread. [​IMG] Not creepy at all, unless you insist on wearing articles with questionable stains on it...especially around the groin region...[​IMG]

12. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

13. Timmah

Timmah Senior member

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

That much in a month is still nothing to shake a stick at. It still takes hard work and dedication. I remember back a few years ago when I was super excited to do $100 in a week.

15. tben

tben Senior member

Congrats Wes! That truly was an awesome score.

Spoiler from my weekend. Not an epic weekend, nor anywhere near the $17 Drakes grenadine, but I feel I did pretty well. Plus, I picked up a couple. More pics. to come tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

16. chiron

chiron Senior member

Yes...

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

18. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Congrats, Wes! I was rooting for you to keep it, but after seeing that auction, I see you made the wise choice.

19. alexdubbleu

alexdubbleu New Member

Recent purchases:
    Coach leather bag ($30)
    Grey denim jacket ($17)
    J. Crew cable knit wool/angora ($14)
    A&F cashmere ($12)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.