1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Sorrry for the double post, I forgot my favorite piece: Samuelsohn for Paul Stuart, 100% cashmere. Fits me like a glove right off the rack. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:lol:

The best part of being dubiously honored is being able to read edits :)

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

holy shit dude.

Trafalgar braces Ive been getting about $185 a pair for lately.
    Huntsman can you please post in my vintage thread?
    A&S Im up to about $350 on one.

That is a hell of a score you had.

4. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

A bit late to the party on this but that's awesome. I went back to school recently after a few years working a job I disliked and life has been 1000x better ever since. Best of luck in the program.

Gotta say, I run into Evisu like half the times I go thrifting. Didn't think the eBay ROI was very good on it, and would never wear it, so I never pick it up.

Your plan sounds a lot better than his plan.

Huge score, that's great! So much awesomeness with members lately. Way better than when everyone was losing their jobs a couple months ago.

It is awesome, but all you Americans who are jealous just remember: they have to pay a tax for their TVs and radios. So who really has it good?

Nobody has said this yet so allow me: that is amazing. Wicked find.

Also great haul GMMcL!

5. eazye

eazye Senior member

Fucking....awesome.

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

WUT?
    ($1 each) :hide:

Too slow.

:slayer:
    The A&S cashmere I found a few weeks back is up on Ebay, starting at $199. Almost a dozen watchers. Rarely get that many at that starting price.

Just to be clear: That's the highlights from the last SEVERAL WEEKS. Not just one score.

Passed a few days ago on an awesome Zegna taglia exclusivo solid charcoal because it was a MF orphan. And several awesome squares today because they were machine sewn. WTF with that?

Assume you were quoting the song that shall not be named, so FTFY

7. Jowen

Jowen Senior member

[​IMG]Wow - that is a beauty!! Nice score!!

8. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

You don't say...

I have somewhere around 50 of those in inventory... didn't figure they were worth mentioning [​IMG]

9. Friskydingo

Friskydingo Senior member

I leave all of it except the selvedge, that I proxy to one of my friends. Some of the designes are worse than Ed Hardy.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

This is awesome! Love it!
    Nice! :slayer:
    Damn, I'd be all over this if it were 16.5 - 17.
    :nodding: :D
    Free shipping if you win. :) I'll get those measurements for you tomorrow!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

+1 Lovely jacket. The cut seems somewhat simple, but elegant.

12. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

You don't say...Why am I not surprised by this anymore. We are not surprised at anything you do anymore, Matt!

Did somebody say SELVEDGE???!!! LOL! +1

For those gents that are going back to school, I support it! After 4 years of hiatus, I finally went back to take my senior thesis class, essentially a research class on contemporary problems in the wonderful world of criminal justice!

I don't want to open up a can of worms...So any comment on the matter please direct them to me in the form of PMs...I did my thesis on the efficacy of gun control. If you are really interested in the matter, please PM me and I'll send you a copy of my paper. It's only 20 pages. So it's a light read.

13. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

I quit thrifting. [​IMG]

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

*Gasp! Wait a minute, what do you mean you quit thrifting? You are never ever going to buy anything from a thrift shop? Hmmm, that's hard to believe...I'll give you a few months to maybe a year before the you get bitten by the bug again! [​IMG]

Unrelated to thrifting, big shout outs to Friskydingo for keeping an open mind to read my research paper on gun control and giving me feedback! Awesome! [​IMG]

15. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Sure you did. And even if you did, you'll be back. You can't quit it...it's like crack baby. You'll go a day or two and say you've quit. Then you'll drive by one and say "one stop won't hurt me". Next think you know you're down on Skid Row at this hole in the wall joint with a arm load of fine Italian stuff. Who you trying to kid baby...you know your an addict. :nodding:

16. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

:D

True words, though. Every other month, I pay €50 to GIS for simply owning a TV/radio. If you have a TV and don't register/pay, you'll eventually get a letter and visit from them. It's ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  17. SpooPoker

What, the Trafalgars? Get on your list tip son... they are gooooold

18. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Glad I sold the last of mine when I did, then...averaged over $120, which I'm very pleased with, considering I'm not a bit timer.

19. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Whoa. It that for each tv/radio? Aren't there radios in your cars?

20. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

In the UK you pay the license fee (for the BBC, which then has no commercials) per household, not per device.
    When I was in college it was irritating, but in retrospect, I received 3 degrees for free. In fact, the government actually gave me a modest stipend for those 7 years on top of a free education. So paying a little for TV wasn't so bad (and was far cheaper than my current cable bill).
    Of course, free higher ed has disappeared in the UK now :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.