• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
If you wear an Allen Edmonds size 7D I'd look

Bought these last week on the bay - a tad too small - Feel they are a pretty good deal so if you want them at my cost + shipping before I return them send me a PM. They are brand new without box. I tried them on once inside for all of 30 seconds.

Original URL link http://www.ebay.com/itm/110935257970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A local SA birthed a litter of shetland sweater puppies:

A mix of Pringle, Alan Paine, Byford and one vintage BB.  All made in Scotland/England.

I'll never wear argyle, but the rest are awesome! Mad jealous here.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

spam%5B1%5D.gif
If you wear an Allen Edmonds size 7D I'd look

Bought these last week on the bay - a tad too small - Feel they are a pretty good deal so if you want them at my cost + shipping before I return them send me a PM. They are brand new without box. I tried them on once inside for all of 30 seconds.

Original URL link http://www.ebay.com/itm/110935257970?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'd lay good odds on those stretching out a bit.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a way for me to post pics in the thread while I'm away from the computer? I use an iPod touch, which is what the pics are coming from, and photobucket. I'm seriously thinking of dropping photobucket, but not this afternoon. I don't seem to be able to upload directly to SF galleries or to copy photobucket links.

As Concealed mentioned, get Tapatalk and you can upload from your device. It works well and has a very easy interface on Android, so I don't see that changing on iOS.

Anth

Reaction score

Anth

Reaction score
Question: I just started posting on this board and have made some pretty cool trades and bought some good stuff from you gents. What would qualify me as regular poster? I'm being sincere when I ask this. I see a lot of people post things and are only looking for regular members which I completely understand. Just want to know how i qualify. Is there a post count or period of time being a member?

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just keep posting your finds and interacting, I really don't think there is a quantitative requirement.

Last edited:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: I just started posting on this board and have made some pretty cool trades and bought some good stuff from you gents. What would qualify me as regular poster? I'm being sincere when I ask this. I see a lot of people post things and are only looking for regular members which I completely understand. Just want to know how i qualify. Is there a post count or period of time being a member?

I'd trade with you, except that we're both 40r.

Dolfan954

Reaction score

I am sort of in the same boat. I think it is more of, does the person recognize you from the postings. I have had a couple of trade experiences where people just came out of nowhere. They don't want to trade or contribute, they just want to buy the item on the cheap.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I passed on both these ties today, but they were the first of either label I'd seen. (They were at consignment rather than thrift prices, or else I'd have bought them.) Are they 1. real? 2. worth enough to be worth going back for? Regardless of 1, I sorta doubt 2, but fun to ask anyway. The Versace looks like it came from the same design as the shirt a week or so ago (can't remember whose that was). FYI, the Versace has a couple of flaws that show up in the pics. They aren't terrible, but they are there.
photo-54-1.jpg

photo-56.jpg

photo-55.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had one of those golden thrifter moments this weekend. my wife occasionally (regularly?) scoffs at my hobby, but we were in either Saks or Neiman looking for a dress for her (the stores blurred together at that point), and I found a Faconnable windbreaker i'd just thrifted for $5, for $200, marked down from $300. She reluctantly admitted she was impressed.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the advice. I'll post a picture of the soles later today. And yeah I wear size 18. I'm 6'8" and weigh 235, long and slim. Which sucks for buying anything. My thrifting (and shopping in general) selection is very limited :(
I am 6 4' with a medium sized torso and ape like arms (7 foot wingspan) so I feel your pain I have just accepted that most things won't fit me in the arm

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim day, found a pair of Edwin jeans and a sweet pair of Rag and Bone's in my size.

Sartro

Reaction score
Anybody care to give a bit more information on this, if it doesn't speak for itself?

Size: 48L
Approx measurements
Armpit to armpit: 24.5
Sleeve: 26"
Length: 33"
Shoulder to shoulder: 21.5-22"
Material: No idea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads