• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nana

Reaction score
Hello!!!!!
stirpot.gif

Nana

Reaction score
Real or Fake? Need help, please. I heard this is were the pro's are.

rayxlui

Reaction score
Some recent finds:

Recent E. Zegna "Shetlair" SC. EU56L

2 x Neil Barrett, 1 x G. Armani Black Label.

A bomb jacket by Silvio's of Beverly Hills. The fabric is FAWESOME. Handled Brioni's Super 150's, Zegna 15milmil 15, easily beats it. On par with 180's I'm saying. 38

Star Artoili shoes.

Etro jacket. Bomb lining, wish it was my size. EU54

Gilded Age x Uniqlo jacket

2 x Paul Smith cardigan M

Hartmann luggage

Does anyone who the maker is?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huntington Beach California- Not the best place to thrift. Though that said, if you ever need a wetsuit, one of the GW's I went to had about 20.

Yeah, I gave up on Huntington Beach. Been there a handful of times and had awful luck thrifting. There was a Goodwill in Santa Ana off Fairview St, if I remember correctly, that we've hit a couple times out our way out there that was pretty good to me a couple times.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it's anything. Just a funny pendleton ripoff. Was a first for me, so I got a laugh out of it.

Last edited:

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. Didn't someone have a PRL seersucker SC (orphan) a few pages back? It had working cuffs, so I remember thinking "I wonder if that's Made in Italy for Corneliani?" If these are also Corneliani, I wonder if they could be mated orphans.
A nice seersucker suit (i.e., flat front, double vent) is on my wish list.

Polo will often use the same exact fabrics for unintentional "suit separates' within the same season.
I've never seen it with Corneliani, but have seen it quite a bit on their cheaper imported pants and jackets.

I have a baby blue oxford cloth suit I got this way.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Have you been back to "THAT" store? Any luck?

I have, and nope. Still the exact same bunch of ties sitting there, maybe a few less. Keep thinking I'll hit shoe gold but it hasn't happened yet. There have been a few nice Zanella shirts recently, but nothing worth picking up.

I've mentioned this little thrifting hobby of mine to my parents (especially after finding my dad a couple shirts). Also mentioned that it's difficult trying to get clothes to look nice for pictures without a mannequin. To my surprise, an early birthday present from them! Adjustable height too, though I may just mount it to one of my light stands since they're more sturdy.

You know, I did find an older 100% cashmere sportcoat (Nordstrom brand) in my size in HB. Sleeves may have been a bit too short, but it felt like there might be 4 inches extra inside. Left it because it was a funky hunter green. Might just have to go back for it tomorrow, it was pretty damn clean for its age.

Last edited:

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Just= joined the forum after reading through 100 pages or so of this thread. Hey guys!
thumbs-up.gif
Pretty new to thrifting nicer clothes. Here's my haul from tonight.

Shirts from Express and Banana Republic. Made in Detroit camo Carhartt jacket. Valentino and Givenchy ties. All for me except the Valentino tie that I snagged for a buddy.

Then I went to another store and found this beautiful RL tie. This is a lesser label, correct? I really don't mind since I'll be wearing it. It was 99 cents, and I love it. Also, these Allen Edmonds Glasgow loafers. They're size 8.5 and brown. Is anyone on here interested in them? Or with a little fixing up what do you experts think they could do on eBay? I wear a size 18 but I couldn't leave AEs alone. Details on them below!

someone help please!?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just= joined the forum after reading through 100 pages or so of this thread. Hey guys!
thumbs-up.gif
Pretty new to thrifting nicer clothes. Here's my haul from tonight.

Shirts from Express and Banana Republic. Made in Detroit camo Carhartt jacket. Valentino and Givenchy ties. All for me except the Valentino tie that I snagged for a buddy.

Then I went to another store and found this beautiful RL tie. This is a lesser label, correct? I really don't mind since I'll be wearing it. It was 99 cents, and I love it. Also, these Allen Edmonds Glasgow loafers. They're size 8.5 and brown. Is anyone on here interested in them? Or with a little fixing up what do you experts think they could do on eBay? I wear a size 18 but I couldn't leave AEs alone. Details on them below!

Two part help:

1. Yes... lesser, more common label
2. Keep reading, the thread will help you do better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics