• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have any idea what size/model they were?
Had myself a decent day, though I left behind my first pair of Aldens due to very visible sharpie marks I wasn't confident I could remove.

Was this a worthy pickup? I know it's not the highest end Facconable, but it's a step above their basic stuff as far as the handwork goes.

mjt73106

Reaction score
Holy **** bro, we're in the same stores from time to time, where the hell was that and i'll steer clear.
Goodwill in Tulsa - 4th & Garnet - it usually is a well kept store. Makes you think about what could be lurking in those racks.
wow.gif

charliebrown

Reaction score
Found this today and all I could think of was... "I need the Spoo signal!" What are your thought's professor Spoo?

Jpmorris

Reaction score

[COLOR=0000CD]Goodwill in Tulsa - 4th & Garnet - it usually is a well kept store. Makes you think about what could be lurking in those racks. [/COLOR]:wow:

God Damn, that is usually nice as far as.goodwill goes. it is shocking how much variance.there is. how has Tulsa treated you? I.hope.well as I.haven't been in over a month :) PS the curator of the Tulsa Jewish museum is a knowledgeable flipper. she... looks like she's the curator of a Jewish museum. however she.is very nice.

GHo

Reaction score
mad thanks to jcubzzzzzzzz. got me a great pair of Salvatore Ferragamo Chukka's for a song. Hope I can repay you one day.

:fistbump:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@acosbysweater
Does the tag look like this? Someone mentioned on the other forum that it might be St. Andrews. This is from a Falconnable SC I found the other day.

Sorry, but the tag is beat to ****.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Found this today and all I could think of was... "I need the Spoo signal!"  What are your thought's professor Spoo?

mind. blown. Original 1995 V2 collection "Neoclassic Eagle" print. 100% silk, I usually sell those bad boys in the 2-350 range. For me, thats a grail find. Well done.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
have any idea what size/model they were?

No idea on the model, I didn't look that closely. Size = 10 1/2 B/D. A hair large for me, but I will likely go back for them tomorrow.
@acosbysweater
Does the tag look like this? Someone mentioned on the other forum that it might be St. Andrews. This is from a Falconnable SC I found the other day.

Sorry, but the tag is beat to ****.

Yes, nearly identical to that. St. Andrews it is?

workthatwedo

Reaction score
No idea on the model, I didn't look that closely. Size = 10 1/2 B/D. A hair large for me, but I will likely go back for them tomorrow.

Aldens in terrible shape bring at least $30-40 and that is a common size. If they are cheap, definitely worth a shot at removing the marker.

Last edited:

Ivar

Reaction score
Scored this beaut off British eBay for £70. It was tagged something generic like "grey suit in size 36R", when it was in fact a vintage Kiton suit! :slayer:

charliebrown

Reaction score

mind. blown. Original 1995 V2 collection "Neoclassic Eagle" print. 100% silk, I usually sell those bad boys in the 2-350 range. For me, thats a grail find. Well done.
Wow! Thanks! You really know your stuff.. Really appreciate the info.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scored this beaut off British eBay for £70. It was tagged something generic like "grey suit in size 36R", when it was in fact a vintage Kiton suit! :slayer:

More pics, or it didn't happen.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No idea on the model, I didn't look that closely.  Size = 10 1/2 B/D.  A hair large for me, but I will likely go back for them tomorrow.

Yes, nearly identical to that.  St. Andrews it is?

:fonz:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's some dummy in my town that rips through all the sportcoats' makers tags. like, every single jacket. like yeah, you ******* muppet, i'm real sure that unvented chaps jacket is gonna be made by someone worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads