• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, the toilet problem is a big one IMO. I used to work in London and good luck finding a public toilet. Problem is even worse in New York!
I will relay a couple of funny stories:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol8[1].gif

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, the toilet problem is a big one IMO. I used to work in London and good luck finding a public toilet. Problem is even worse in New York!
I will relay a couple of funny stories:
1. I am on the district line, subway in London, from Victoria and Cannon Street (my destination). Needed urgent pee, real bad. So bad in fact sweat was pouring off my forehead. Train was crammed with people, I was sandwiched between a hot babe and some dude behind me. Also was shoulder to shoulder with a few other people on my side. Cant ******* move it is so crammed. The hot chick was pressed right on me, her buttocks landing just below my productive region. Dude behind me I can kinda feel his unit pressing against the back of my pants (the train was that crammed). I try to ignore it but could not, their movements coinciding with the train rocking compounded my problem doubly. Train stops in the pitch blackness between Embankment and Temple, I am nearly there I thought. Driver says signalling problem but it should only be 5 mins or so. 20 mins pass, I am clenching my teeth in agony. Did not even think about hot babe in front of me, pressed against me, ********* and all that lovely soft skin thanks to short skirt allowing plenty of bare legs. No chance of getting a boner, but there was a possibility I may have to relieve myself I was that desperate - pee in pants may be my only option. Whats the chance of me seeing these people again I thought? What about the girl? She would surely notice I was peeing given her ass was pressed just below ******* - sheer trauma for her and this could bring major legal problems. Decide I cannot pee in public, I have to bear the agony although I knew I could not hold out, 15 minutes more and my bladder would either burst or my muscles holding back the pee will give way. When train eventually arrives in Cannon street, my gait becomes a forceful sprint. "Where is the ******* toilet" I yelled in desperation to the guy at the turnstiles. I must have looked like a madman but he gave me directions! Go to the toilet and was there for around 15minutes. Took so long because the piss dribbled out rather than gushed out. For half the day, I had that perpetual feeling I needed to pee, I must have damaged my bladder holding on so long.
2. Was on a morning date with a woman that would eventually become my wife (this was like a 3rd date and we were just really getting to know each other). We go to a coffee shop that only had a single toilet. I needed a dump so go and do my thing. It was a very productive dump indeed and a single flush of the toilet resulted in a thick log standing to attention and a bowl full of water with toilet paper swirling on top. Well, that's just ******* great I thought. I look around for a plunger and there was nothing. Inspecting the contents of the bowl I thought screw it, I am outta here. Just before I leave, a bang on the door, it was my date and she asked me how long I would be. Dammit! I thought about letting her in and saying that the toilet was blocked by someone else, but she will know there is no way I spent 10 minutes in the toilet inspecting another person's turd. I said "hang on a moment, nearly finished"! I looked at the bowl full of water and tried to will the turd down with my mind. She knocked again and said it was urgent! Well fuckit, I rolled up my sleeves, when the water drained about halfway, I flushed again and unclogged that ****** toilet with my bare hands!
3. Driving through London, I had a bad stomach pain. I needed a diarrhea dump urgently. Saw a coffee shop, parked in illegal parking zone, and proceeded to enter. I can barely walk straight out of fear the contents of my bowels would empty into my pants. Male toilet was locked, some ****** was in. Look over to the Woman's toilet and thought screw it, I am going in. Just as I started to sit down an explosion erupted out ******. When I got back up I noticed that not one square inch of toilet was left uncovered by scat. I hear the door open, ****, this is the only cubicle and this person is highly likely to be a woman. I gently depress the flush handle, nothing.... I press forceably, nothing but a faint gurgle and no water. The ******* toilet was broken and would not flush. Of course, luck would have it this woman was standing around waiting for me to finish. I leave as nonchalantly as possible, she enters the cubicle, and while walking away, she yells out to me "you're an animal". Also got a parking ticket!
Yeah happened I lost my thrifted goods halfway through when needing the loo, came back cart was gone. Looked around, found zilcho although two of the shirts I wanted were back on the rack. Still have not figured out what happened.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
ok gents dfw haul FW edition. suits and sc later tonight

pink, ez, pink superfine, pink,paul stuart (first)

3XL baby! shitloads of embroidery

I'm thinking of actually wearing this one....

WTF IS THIS??

I know this is the bad RG label, but i figured this was ugly enough to get some money anyway, thoughts?

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this is the bad RG label, but i figured this was ugly enough to get some money anyway, thoughts?

I think that there's some sort of convergence between ugly and embroidered on the RG stuff. I had 2 up recently and the one I would actually wore only made the list price and had way fewer views than an embroidered one (the embroidery looked like little paisleys or amoebas).

Jpmorris

Reaction score
yes, the value of RG is directly proportional to the amount of embroidery. I sold one with embroidered flowers all along the hem for $110, yes US dollars.
Edit, Klobber, that was the funniest **** I have read in a long, long time. I'm glad I wasn't ******* around and reading that in class...

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, the value of RG is directly proportional to the amount of embroidery. I sold one with embroidered flowers all along the hem for $110, yes US dollars.
Edit, Klobber, that was the funniest **** I have read in a long, long time. I'm glad I wasn't ******* around and reading that in class...
I am enjoying the bids on my first RG auction. Purchased for $2 up to $66. Two days to go too!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ezye, who do you use for a tailor in Chi?
I need a decent one.

I go to this place called Eve's on Broadway, the woman there knows her **** pretty well and her prices are reasonable. I've been meaning to try out this place called Gus's on Ashland though. It was nominated as one of the top 5 tailors in the country by GQ, if that counts for anything.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those were all great and painful but I just lost it at that part. My wife just yelled "what's so funny?" and I didn't know how to respond.
My GF is here reading these with me laughing out loud at each story before I get there.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some stuff from the past few weeks...Unavailable unless stated otherwise

First up, BB Makers thin chalk stripe suit for me.
Can anyone do me a huge solid and tell me who made this? It's the best OTR suit I found so I'd like to get an idea. I'm thinking Southwick.

Versace Jeans - Maybe Spoo can do a little authenticity check? I'm almost positive these are real.

First MMM piece I think. First time I've ever seen one so if anyone can verify
Women's cords size 10/46. Available if anyone wants them for their lady.

2xFjallraven Ruaha Trousers, Unhemmed. Look to be NWOT.

Zegnax3, Unicornsx2 (black, but I'm sure someone will like them)...Unicorn size 42 available...Evil Abed?

Kitten Mittens

TheStormnMormon

Reaction score
Woo, finally - I got a post to go through!

Klobber - Best. Post. Ever. I seriously lost it, painfully hilarious!

Jp - That Pink Superfine... goodness. I love Pink shirts.

Troika - That Kiton looks awesome! Wish I could find some in the wild here!

As for me... this is all I've got:

She's a 42L, and other than the L, fits me perfectly. Odd, because I'm a 44R, but I'm not complaining.

^ Armani Collezioni SC

Last edited:

Anth

Reaction score
^ Love that TA tie:slayer:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
The thrifts here have been pretty dry re: the usual Brioni, Kiton, RLPL stuff that a lot of you guys have been turning up lately. Also, I haven't been able to make it out to the stores as much lately, but I have managed to turn up a couple of vintage pieces for the Trad / Ivy crowd... NOT AVAILABLE.

^^^ Vintage Andover Shop Pale Gray & Brown Herringbone HEAVY Tweed Sport Coat 40 R. Made in USA. (Actually, this has already been sold, but I wanted to brag about finding it because it is probably the heaviest tweed jacket I have ever found that wasn't intended to be outerwear. It was really nice.
smile.gif
)

^^^ Vintage 1950s / 1960s Brooks Brothers MAKERS No. 1 Sack Suit in Charcoal Gray 41 S. Made in USA. This is THE quintessential "Brooks Brothers Charcoal Gray Suit." Union tags definitively date this to between 1949 and 1962.

^^^ Vintage 1950s / 1960s Brooks Brothers MAKERS No. 1 Sack Suit in Solid Navy Blue 41 S. Made in USA. Union tags definitively date this to between 1949 and 1962.

^^^ Vintage Brooks Brothers Multicolored Box Check Tweed Jacket 40 Long. Made in USA.

ALSO, I wanted to give a shout out to easye for a good shoe trade - a pair of Alden black tassel loafers that I traded three emblematic belts for over on the AAAC Trad Forum that turned out to be too narrow for me in exchange for a pair of Church's bluchers of his that I've been eyeing since his second or third post on this thread.
fistbump.gif

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Mormon, I have probably 15 or more Tpink shirts sitting around waiting to be listed in the coming months if you want some.
the FW in DFW part 2 pics that fucked up somehow the first time around +Suits and SC

von laak was discussed awhile ago right? Seems nice, if not flippable ill keep since its L.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME THIS IS REAL! My first Hermes, its my size... but im slangin that thang like a dirty dirty whore

AE randolph 7D, you guys know who you are. These are in GREAT shape.

First JM i've snagged cause they are in such great shape, and theyre really cool. 11 narrow. What would you call these? Jodhpur esque ankle strap boots?

chuuuurch. 10.5 G so 11.5 E, right?

great looking ties

whaaaat? Has this label been posted before? NWOT, for real, one of the vents is still closed. 42R i believe, and super lightweight.

Ok, if one of you pendleton guys doesn't want this, im never picking that **** up again. I don't like it, at all, but from what I gather someone just busted a nut.

moar oxxford. 41R again unvented unfortunately, but the tag is one of the newer ones.

both HF collection, both suits44L and 42R respectively

BP, age on this? never seen the brown. This thing is nice, 42R 100% camel hair

Have you said to yourself, I want a usa polo, with ticket pocket, side vents, huge lapels and a really low gorge? Navy/brass

same as above, except no ticket and single vent. Color is bad, its a really really light sherbert/mint green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads