• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHo

Reaction score

Yesterday was easily the best day for thrifting I've had in the last month. UNAVAILABLE: Oxxford tie - Made in England (by Drakes, right?)
H5Le7.jpg
:inlove:

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I picked up this Despos the other day because I had seen them mentioned here a couple times. tagged 43R. great fabric. Available. Ill have measurements up later tonight and maybe a few more available SC I've picked up recently.

DSC_1540.jpg

DSC_1541.jpg

jcubzzz

Reaction score
Did reasonably well this week.

Allen Edmonds woodstock size 10 1/2 B. Too small for me but i thought someone here might be interested.

Don't know much about Panelli but decided to take a chance because they fit. I have been wearing them all week so far.

Canali Milano shirt size 17/43. Not sure where Milano fits in the Canali hierarchy but it is a real nice shirt and has MOP buttons. Too big for me so if anyone is interested just let me know.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday was easily the best day for thrifting I've had in the last month. UNAVAILABLE: Oxxford tie - Made in England (by Drakes, right?)
H5Le7.jpg
mhLs7.jpg
BBGF LP Super 120's charcoal suit
z9ENR.jpg
aN3FJ.jpg
GCFeP.jpg
No-Name cord jacket. I just really like the details, and it fit me.
v5bl1.jpg
SsEpU.jpg
PRL, Incotex
OV58t.jpg
3Y83F.jpg
AVAILABLE: Zegna khaki chinos 36x37
gXV5s.jpg
3Popy.jpg
PRL "Made in Italy" 30x27 pants, double pleated, cuffed. Corneliani? Man, I wish these fit!
hnDZ6.jpg
AKNZJ.jpg
BB "Made in England" navy duffle coat, 2XL
mZi57.jpg
EaQRV.jpg
PRL "Made in Italy" tweed 41L. No tags, any idea on the maker?
KAbHw.jpg
BVpCC.jpg
oI3B4.jpg
Armpit to Armpit - 21.5 in. . . . . . . . Jacket Waist - 20 in. . . . . . . . Sleeves (shoulder seam to end of cuff) - 26.75 in. (0 in. to let out) . . . . . . . Shoulders (seam to seam across the back) - 19 in. . . . . . . . Length (from bottom of collar to bottom of coat) - 33 in.
Burberry London SC (44R) and Suit (46R)
FYSDk.jpg
VzlpW.jpg
HRAcT.jpg
9nu5s.jpg
That BB duffel is a stupendous find. I'm guessing Gloverall.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday was easily the best day for thrifting I've had in the last month. PRL "Made in Italy" 30x27 pants, double pleated, cuffed. Corneliani? Man, I wish these fit!
hnDZ6.jpg
AKNZJ.jpg
PRL "Made in Italy" tweed 41L. No tags, any idea on the maker?
KAbHw.jpg
I believe those are both Corneliani.

bytor13

Reaction score
That BB duffel is a stupendous find. I'm guessing Gloverall.

^ Brooks coat wins for me today.
But that Golden Fleece suit is tempting.... do those sleeves fit near a 26" or 27" by any chance?
For the price I paid, the duffle is definitely the best bargain. I was thinking Gloverall as well. Anyway to know for sure? My biggest problem is the size. I'm wondering if the size will limit its market.

Spoo - The BBGF fits me nearly perfectly OTR, so I'll be keeping. The sleeves are to short for you, anyhow.

I believe those are both Corneliani.
That's what I was thinking, but only because I haven't heard of any other options.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Yesterday was easily the best day for thrifting I've had in the last month.

PRL "Made in Italy" 30x27 pants, double pleated, cuffed. Corneliani? Man, I wish these fit!
hnDZ6.jpg
You know who these would fit
lurker[1].gif

Quote: I would hope so, but usually people with 3 total posts don't find to Dior Homme things in one trip.... how many good Dior things do we see posted here??? Like none.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
There was actually a Dior Homme suit at my Marshalls the other day. I almost **** my pants and then I looked and the price tag was a smooth 1,000. Next to it was a Brioni Sportcoat and they wanted 1299 for that one.

I have been extremely busy as I was studying for MPRE and trying to squeeze vacation relaxing time before the start of school again, but I will post a few things I found in the short time I spent thrifting later when more time.

Also, I was absent during the age game and migration. I was surprised at the young ages. I am only 24 and thought I was on the young end of things here.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No size tag but I would say about a 40R. I have included a better pic of the label because I thought it was the Blue Ralph Lauren label that predated the current RLPL. I thought all RLPL was made in Italy..
shog%5B1%5D.gif

That's "RL signature" (not an offical name, but what I've seen it called on the internet).
It is not a precursor to Purple Label.
Purple Label has been around since the early 90s, most of that RLsig stuff i from the early 00s IIRC.
If anything it's an off shoot of polo, you can fins PRL buttons an stuff on the RLsig pants for example.

It's really good stuff, but not equal to purple label in quality, more like the current Caruso PRL stuff.

That said, it's one of the best RL lines to buy secondhand because the styling is so conservative.
For example as far as jackets go:
-the older, made in USA PRL is well-made but really dated (close button stance, low buton point, wide lapels, big shoulders)
-some of the newer PRL runs short with high button points and skinny lapels.

Good find!

The RLPL suit is sick, but expecting over $600 is unrealistic. Unless you're willing to wait for just the right buyer, you're looking at $4-500 on eBay, maybe a little more if it's a rarer, more coveted size like 36-38.

The other thing to keep in mind is that most of those Chester Barrie RLPL have a VERY severe cut, with very wide shoulders.
I got a great deal on a CB RLPL suit, it was a tagged 36 or 38 (I've forgotten) with shoulders over 19.5" across.
Ended up selling it again after trying it on and seeing how crazy it looked.

I had it on ebay for months and had to field daily questions asking if I'd messed up the measurements.

There's a reason some of that RLPL is so cheap, very well made, but dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads