• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to Frenchy this time.

Picked this up because it was my first and some stuff for myself:

The Andover Shop 42R some kind of silk/wool or camelhair fabric, can't seem to figure it out

That jacket! :drool:

PM sent!

Last edited:

mjt73106

Reaction score
Frenchytoo
badge_banned.v1309205260.gif

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Frenchytoo
badge_banned.v1309205260.gif

SAVE FRENCHY

Are you ******* serious? What a bunch of horseshit. Barring a legitimate explanation for why he was banned, I'm done with this place. If he was banned for anything like/related to the Man of Lint bullshit from before, then this place is ******* worthless and not even worth lurking anymore if a poster with some of the consistently best finds isn't even allowed to be here.

Quote:
Quote:
WAITWUT

I missed that... though he will live on in my auctions this week if he did get the boot...
smile.gif

Last edited:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick look at frenchy's history looks like there was some sort of dust-up with user pio-something here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/170429/countdown-to-breaking-bad/1150_50#post_5648576

and then said user narc'ed on frenchy here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164395/transparent-moderation-log-site-topics-part-ii/10350_50

one of the mods another user warned frenchy about arguing WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE CLOUT ON AN INTERNET FORUM

french, i am not taking sides here, i just want to state the facts. the world aint fair always, and neither is this forum always. you have your history, and it will take time to live it down, if at all.
i imagine you enjoy it here, or you wouldnt have come back to post. that being said, the best you can do is try not to fight with people who have clout, be nice, and re-acclimate, proving your worth. then things may be viewed different if this were to arise again.
just my advise.

Last edited:

951socal

Reaction score
hey guys, do you pick up older ties with this label?
the picture is not mine but i passed up on a few older unique looking made in italy ties with this label thinking it might be licensed.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did some measuring because I didn't want to confuse people, and this looks to be correct.

Got a 11.5 insole for the Royal Tweeds which were the same as a 10.5 in some Hanovers I had. Then a 12 insole for some 11D Allen Edmonds. So I guess send me that PM Dig if that'll work.

It's funny how things look different the next day. :embar: Maybe I should wait 24 hours on everything that strikes my fancy when I'm reading this thread at night.

Thanks for following up. :fonz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads