1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

PM'd pending sleeve length.

2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Gaddamn, that is a grail if I ever seen one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

I thought posting Henry Poole would generate a little more buzz. You guys are hard to compete with these days haha. Oh well. Any of you have a Gabriel Brother's store nearby? I used to stop in a few years ago when they had an Urban Outfitters rack, but I haven't seen it in a long time. Today I stopped in to look for some running shoes for my brother and came out with selvedge Levi's for $20.

[​IMG]

Black pair isn't selvedge, but both are matchstick fit in my size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then these polo flannel canvas shoes for $17.
    [​IMG]

4. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Nice finds, those shoes remind me of the Keds for Brooks Brothers canvas shoes I got from Evilabed.

5. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Funny enough I had already put in messages to two of LA's finest. I was 99.5% sure they were worth grabbing, but figured I'd ask here just in case (these were slightly higher than the usual thrift prices I'm used to paying). Received texts back from both of them at the same time I got the answer here. Had I not taken the time to wait for the answer, I would have never paired up the jacket and pants of the Lang anyway, so it's a good thing.

Now that I'm back from
    [​IMG]

Time for at least one of the finds (the Lang needs daylight).
    [​IMG]
    Amidst the downright soporific slim pickings of the suit rack, this one stood out...
    [​IMG]

Will measure this guy in the morning (and get some shots of the details), he's sleeping right now. Tentatively unavailable as I'm doing my usual flip floppy "should this go to the bay or not" thing.

6. dexconstruct

dexconstruct Senior member

Went thrifting today. Everything is available.

2 H. Freeman MTM Suits, 2 SCs. 43R.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cherry popped on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deadstock 1960s Brooks Brothers dinner jacket with shawl lapel. Paid less for it than when it was new. Perfect for blackwatch trousers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found 5 WW Chan shirts. I grabbed them all at 5.99 a pop, but I'm not sure it was a good idea. Anybody think these will sell? Cuffs are monogrammed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picked this blazer up just cuz the fabric (wool/cashmere) felt good. Didn't notice the functional cuffs or Holland and Sherry gold buttons until I got home. Bespoke from a clothier in Texas. Someone should get this thing. 42R.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple nice shirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never heard of this brand, but the fabric is AWESOME. Couldn't pass it up. 40R.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Polo by Corneliani (I think). Beautiful fabric, super slim lapels, functional cuffs, pick stitching, center vent, flat front. The softest shoulders I've felt in a while. 38S. Found this at my last stop like 5 minutes before they closed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Nice Borrelli Troika! I know where you got that and I'ma be all over that place mwahahaha.

Spoo, dafuq.

Abed. I've noticed Dries is very hit or miss on the bay. Better taking your chances with the forum.

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

:inlove:

That jacket is sweet....but begs the question "how many of this type jacket does one need?"

I've also NEVER ran across anything Willis & Geiger.

9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Guess I'll wait a few days to go back out then.... looks like you cleaned up Jersey pretty well! [​IMG]

My iphone takes better pictures [​IMG]

10. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

+1
    I just passed on some Sperry topsiders - they'd clearly been worn barefoot and just gave me the creeps.

11. Mhmm

Mhmm Member

Iphone is great for pics, unless the lighting is anything but great. Its all about the lighting, of which my is terrible. Definitely need better lights.

12. suited

suited Senior member

the borrelli :drool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. Mhmm

Mhmm Member

I had a weird day today. Had previously purchased a pair of alden wing tips, new. Got the email this morning that they were out of stock and wouldn't be able to fill the order. Go for a stroll through the local goodwill and literally stumble into a pair of Loake wingtips, 7.5EE perfect sizing for me. (Alden trees were not with them, my addition) This is a massive find, because a) its Australia and there are only ever terrible shoes here, and b) perfect size.

[​IMG]

MJ Bale and Tylho, of which i knew nothing about, didn't even google, just looked at the construction and MOP buttons that sold it to me. Both are great fits, and will be added right to my business arsenal.

[​IMG]

14. Randy

Randy Senior member

Borrelli sport coat [​IMG]

15. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

That Drakes grenadine has a pull in it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Looks like it's getting returned tomorrow.

16. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

17. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Kill screen, achieved.

[​IMG]

You're going to return a $39 grail tie with a small pull? On a tie with a specifically loose weave and absolutely no sheen? Boy, you cray cray.

1 person likes this.
  18. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Yeah, OK. I guess I'll keep this one and sell the LB knit.

19. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Any one interested in this silk/wool Burberry London blazer? It's a 42reg. I can proxy if anyone wants it.

[​IMG]

20. katch

katch Senior member

Pendleton virgin wool shirt. XL. Wish it was a M. ebay here I come....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.