The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

My god :uhoh:

7' tall and 150lb probably... that's an insane size. I probably would have picked them up anyways since I've only ever seen Alden once and they were in terrible shape even though there's a market size of about 1 to 2 people in the world for that pair.

*edit* Also another vote for starting a flippers thread. Keep this thread cleaner and we would be more at liberty to discuss ebay issues without folks here having to read about it that don't want to.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Congratulations - you found Manut Bol's shoes, from the one year he had some money to spend.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. chiron

chiron Senior member

Anyone have metal collar stays they want to trade?

Looking for the 22-24 multi size pack.

5. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

*100+ unread posts*

[​IMG]

10 Christian Dior level finds, and 90 complaint/unrelated posts later...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif](No, I am not bitching again, just making light of the thread)[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]To whom it still concerns:[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]1. The Roy Jeans I found are my personal favorite thrift find. They are amazing. I want to make love to their sweet slubbyness. I have been wearing them all day even though I can't button the top two. They will stretch for me![/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]2. The Gucci trainers are also pretty dope, and have gotten straight wear. I'm trying to figure out if they're CP soles, as they seem to be very similar to ones I've run across.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]3. Shout out to S_Allen_P and Evil_Abed. Both are genuinely awesome guys. I had a lot of fun on Sunday![/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]4. I guess I've indirectly teased enough. I haven't been thrifting much because I'm working on 4 separate hauls. I'm talking somewhere in the range of 2.5-5k items of recent Ki.... oh screw it. Everything good in this thread.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]...yeah[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]edited for geriatric friendliness[/FONT]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:lurk:

7. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

DM7 whats up with the tiny print,some of us are in our thirties you know.
    (leaves to get spectacles)

8. codhead

codhead Senior member

Those pants appear to be French military issue (labeling), or possibly made for hunting. They look like Loden cloth to me, a very tough boiled wool that's virtually waterproof and thornproof.

9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Those pants were seriously heavy duty. Moths that attempt to take a bite of them die instantaneously.

Another find from Sunday, available for proxy:
    [​IMG]
    Kiten.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Ok guys, I've been trying to get a pit stain out of a silk Tommy Bahama shirt. So far it's been dry cleaned, dilluted vinegar mix for a few hours, washed, oxy clean for 24 hours, washed... Stain seems a bit lighter but still persists! Any suggestions? Really need to pull this stain out.

And to whom it may concern, silk Tommy Bahama shirts are oxy safe, but do expect some dye loss.

12. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

edit: retracted

13. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I honestly haven't found much in the past week or so, but I'll mention a couple of things from yesterday...

A Paul & Shark Yachting pullover...

[​IMG]

Unbranded silk scarf...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A couple of really good books on dog health. Do you guys ever pick up books? Most stores sell them by the kilo here and every time I go, I see them throwing boxes of books into the recycling bin. If anyone collects antique books, let me know. I almost grabbed a French/German dictionary yesterday from 1876 because it looked so interesting.

[​IMG]

My first pair of cufflinks. I usually pass on these because I don't really like French cuffed shirts, but I thought these were plain enough that someone here woud want them.
    [​IMG]

A new leather dog leash. I am going to order a hand-made one of these in brown, but I grabbed this one because it was €2 and in the shops these are somewhere between €40-50.

[​IMG]

Not really exciting stuff, but I've passed on a number of things. I left a women's Jill Sander coat yesterday because it wasn't something my wife would wear and there was no market for it.

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Some shoes my dad found within the past week

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Someone must have really loved this particular shoe. All three in the same size, same style, just different color.

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I picked up a Brioni shirt a couple of pages back that had a mystery stain on the collar and shoulder as well as a black marker line down the center of the yoke. Hey, it was the first Brioni in my size and I wasn't leaving it!

[​IMG]

I found a bottle of this stuff on the laundry room shelf and gave it a shot.

Dial Corp. 37811 Zout Stain Remover

[​IMG]

Like the guy in the review below, I followed the directions and hoped for the best. It came out of the washer with absolutely no sign of either the stain OR the marker, which I found impressive since marker never comes out for me (don't ask :embar: ).

There are a number of reviews but this was the closest to my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.