The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

Check with the id heel patterns and labels thread. They've got closed channel stitching at least. That's a good sign.

2. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Missoni is never good in my book. Poole... depends. Doesn't look like it's an easy reweaver.

3. Randy

Randy Senior member

I thought Missoni was ok (not primo, but sold at Neiman Marcus, etc.). Right/wrong? (Still learning here.)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Clearly, with such tasteless handle, she has issues beyond help.

She prolly looks like this.

[​IMG]

Wow! That's awesome! Good for you, man. Thanks for the offering though.

5. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

wow those are nice. if they haven't been spoken for, i can give em a good home. :happy:

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

While I don't know for sure, that style looks very much like Bettanin & Venturi, which is sold at Barneys. The script on the inside does not coordinate though.

7. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

+1 on what people said about Missoni. I've bought a few Missoni shirts with that label in the past, and got something like $15-$20 for them on the bay.

But I'd say the Henry Poole gamble was worth it, especially since it was me with the eyes of chipped granite quote. It just feels good to pick up something like that, and my moth hole riddled RLPL orphan actually became the beginning of a massive run of amazing luck. Plus, you'd be kicking yourself so hard if the pants showed up eventually and you didn't pick up the jacket.

8. 951socal

951socal Senior member

idk about neiman marcus
    never seen it there

but i've seen it at saks

it's not too expensive even at retail prices
    and it doesn't have al ot of credibility with the people who wear higher end clothing today (youth)

plus im not a fan of their signature prints.

i always see missoni at deep discount at saks.
    also saks 5th avenue is a department store stores like goodwill are getting expensive today. i'vepaid$100-200 for a jacket at good will before

the actual saks 5th avenue and it's off price discount store off saks 5th avenue do sell designer clothing for cheaper than retail....you know that right?
    not everything that once sold at saks is worth picking up!

i almost picked up a missoni scarf for $20 at the "Off saks 5th avenue" here
    it was at the same time that missoni for target was out and had a lower quality scarf for $39.99

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Turns out austin104 and wild1erica live about 10 miles apart. Judging from the timeline of the opened unpaid item case and the timing / language of their messages, they most likely know each other and are working together to harrass me. This is probably not going to turn out so good.

10. Randy

Randy Senior member

Good to know. I've not bought Missoni but misunderstood it to be a higher end maker.

You meant "Mossimo for Target" rather than Missoni?

11. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Target featured a Missioni diffusion line a coupe years ago, and have done the same with a few other high end manufacturers in the past. Now this winter (in collusion with Neiman Marcus) they're hooking up with 24 well-regarded names, including Rag and Bone and Thom Browne. Thom Browne's only quote in the teaser video was "Well...it looks good." Ha, they must be getting paid an obscene amount of money to diffuse their brands to such a pedestrian level.

http://www.target.com/c/holiday24/-/N-5ouwb

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

+1, I definitely agree. I have usually had pleasant dealings with customer service. Called them last night, she is blocked form emailing me anymore, but I have no way to prove they know each other.

I say "usually" since I had one a bit less pleasant last week. I lost my top-rated seller status due to the new 90% tracking info policy. I met the requirements by a long shot. I think out of 200+ transactions I had one which wasn't shipped within my 24 hour policy, and that one was on hold by customer request. Anyway, I have been using old transactions to go in and print new labels with the addresses edited to ship to you guys on SF. Well.....apparently, that changes the ship date in the ebay transaction history and screws up the whole system. I'm a bit bummed about it, but it will be reinstated upon the next evaluation. It still doesn't make sense though, they told me they can see I met the requirement, but can't change my status until the next month. Oh, well. I guess I just have to use the paypal shipping tool...which I hate. Not to mention I have to pay 30% more for shipping through paypal rather than ebay.

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

15. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Hey, I resemble that remark! Heh - I do some work for them (market research) and yeah a big push this December, with Alice + Olivia, Altuzarra, Band of Outsiders, Brian Atwood, Carolina Herrera, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Eddie Borgo, Jason Wu, Judith Leiber, Lela Rose, Marchesa, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Philip Crangi, Prabal Gurung, Proenza Schouler, Rag & Bone, Robert Rodriguez, Rodarte, Skaist-Taylor, Thom Browne, Tory Burch and Tracy Reese.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.