• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys, always wanted to score a brand referenced in a Yeezy song haha.
Passed on a shirt with this tag today. Light blue, french cuff, tagged Eu 39 with a bit of wear. Licensed crap or worth a pick up?
Lanvin60stag.jpg

I've seen ton's of Lanvin but never that tag, but I think the only one worth picking up is the tag that looks like a sailboat. I'm going to say licensed, but someone with better knowledge can let you know for sure.

edit: It does have the Paris thing so now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple things today, first up a sweet Paul Stuart navy blazer in 41R, tentivly dibbed.

A copy of the New York Graphic Society's "Old and Modern Masters Fine Art Reproductions from 1961. 432 pages of paintings. :slayer:

This is a new one for me. I've seen hundreds if not thousands of pairs of Florsheim's, but never the "Designer Collection" Anybody care to chime in? These are pretty sweet, size 10D, and available.

And my find of the day, a ******* pristine pair of Florsheim longwings with 56 nail heel pattern!!!!!!! :slayer: Size 10.5C, so I'll be keeping unless someone really want's them, because to be honest, I need another pair of longwings like I need a hole in the head. But still......

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another question of formal attire. I just realized the wedding I am attending is a morning wedding. Is the blue suit I have picked out still an appropriate choice, or should I be looking for a lighter colored suit?

Slow lunch thrifting today, did find one pair of cufflinks. Hopefully will have better luck tonight.

Last edited:

Jowen

Reaction score
Okay, I've been lurking for a while, but figured I was getting too much entertainment not to at least contribute a bit. It is great to see all the scores! I am still reading through the pages and learning the brands, haven't found anything spectacular yet, but found some nice ties today. I think the Chanel, Ferragamo and BB London are heading for the Bay, frog tie for me, others available.

Chanel

Ferragamo

Burberry London

Old Burberrys (I have learned not much eBay flip, but I dug the pattern)

Land's End

Robert Talbott

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you haven't listened to the Smiths or the Cure since high school, you should be ashamed. :slayer:

Nah, I listen to them all the time on cd or iPod. But the cassettes have a warmth that reminds me of my halcyon days.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blue suit would be perfectly appropriate, though it's summer, so something lighter could be nice too.

And I dig those cufflinks. Where on earth do you find so many? I can't remember seeing more than one pair around here, and those were Kenneth Coles with obvious logos.

Finally uploading some pics from a trip a few days ago. Nothing much, but a couple neat things:

A Burberry green suede Ivy cap, for one:
P1020323.jpg

That spot does exist in real life, but is nowhere near as obvious as it is there. Perfectly wearable.

P1020324.jpg

Tagged medium, and large for my size 7 head- I'd put it at 7 1/8 to 7 1/4 US. Anyone have any idea what a fair price on that would be? It's available, and will be listed soon (Of course, I always say that, but never get around to putting up listings- I have some ties in limbo right now), but I don't have much idea of what to ask for it.

And, visiting a new (well, just one I hadn't gotten to) store, I found a Charcoal suit in my size. Fits perfectly with no alteration- I don't even have to rehem the pants. Needless to say, I will be visiting more often.

P1020315.jpg

Old Chaps, and you can see the pattern a bit better here:

P1020316.jpg

Last edited:

Jowen

Reaction score
Okay, I've been lurking for a while, but figured I was getting too much entertainment not to at least contribute a bit. It is great to see all the scores! I am still reading through the pages and learning the brands, haven't found anything spectacular yet, but found some nice ties today. I think the Chanel, Ferragamo and BB London are heading for the Bay, frog tie for me, others available.

Chanel

Ferragamo

BB London

Old Burberrys (really dug the frogs, prob no flip value I'm guessing)

Lands End

Robert Talbott

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The cheeser the better I say.
Cool, I'll keep that in mind, I don't think it will be getting any play anytime soon, as we are breaking tempurture records again today.
I have the wool lined Woolrich version of this. Nice and warm, glad yours fits you well.

I've got a couple of those too, really nice ****, and they sell well on the bay.
This coming from the guy bumping Kate Bush at full volume. :D p.s. you must have missed the GD double LP I picked up the day before. :slayer:[/quote]

You are misrepresenting the truth, kind sir. As I made clear, I only pump Kate when telemarketers call, requesting that I press one if I want to lower the interest rate on my credit cards. And so I press one, and when I get a live person, I lay the cell phone over the speaker on the dashboard and crank Kate performing Wuthering Heights. It is absolutely awful. No telemarketer has made it past ten seconds--they all hang up pretty darn quick. One actually called back, demanding that I explain myself.

Before settling on Kate to serenade the telemarketers, I debated using Territorial Pissings by Nirvana but ultimately decided that pests did not deserve anything resembling quality. As soon as I get a copy of Loving You by Minnie Ripperton, I will use that. But I cannot, in good conscience, download that song, presuming it's available--the Internet lasts forever, after all, and I do not want anyone to find out that I spent money on Minnie Ripperton. The thrift stores will provide in the end. They always do.

Hope this clears things up.

momooo

Reaction score
Pair of white Allen Edmonds shoes at the pocal Goodwill in some style I have never seen before. They looked like a buck, but they definitely weren't suede or any material I could recognize. It was more like a gauze type cloth. Inside said ostendo cushioned heel. From what google tells me it seems to be an older shoe, but these things looked like they were very rarely worn of at all

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crank Kate performing Wuthering Heights. It is absolutely awful.
More awful than ukulele-toting Brits?

And actually, Kate Bush should be respected. Ra Ra Riot has some pretty great covers of Bush songs, and of course, there's the Futureheads version of "Hounds of Love" that kills every time.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a couple of those too, really nice ****, and they sell well on the bay.
This coming from the guy bumping Kate Bush at full volume. :D p.s. you must have missed the GD double LP I picked up the day before. :slayer:

You are misrepresenting the truth, kind sir. As I made clear, I only pump Kate when telemarketers call, requesting that I press one if I want to lower the interest rate on my credit cards. And so I press one, and when I get a live person, I lay the cell phone over the speaker on the dashboard and crank Kate performing Wuthering Heights. It is absolutely awful. No telemarketer has made it past ten seconds--they all hang up pretty darn quick. One actually called back, demanding that I explain myself.
Before settling on Kate to serenade the telemarketers, I debated using Territorial Pissings by Nirvana but ultimately decided that pests did not deserve anything resembling quality. As soon as I get a copy of Loving You by Minnie Ripperton, I will use that. But I cannot, in good conscience, download that song, presuming it's available--the Internet lasts forever, after all, and I do not want anyone to find out that I spent money on Minnie Ripperton. The thrift stores will provide in the end. They always do.
Hope this clears things up.[/quote]

I was just busting your balls. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads