1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

excellent. the selection committee is now in place. check your pm's fellas.

everyone else: :lurk:

2. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Bally Genuine Lizard Belt in Ex Condition Size 36 (Available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

First a HUGE shoutout to caseyfud for an awesome Borrelli shirt and proxying some Pantharella socks. They came today and everything's awesome, thanks man!

Not thrifted, but I picked this up today
    [​IMG]
    2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premiere w/ AWD, heated front and rear seats, heated washer fluid nozzles, and remote start

Now to catch up on the thread

2 people like this.
  4. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

not really a brag or even a large discount but I am stoked about winning this
    measurements are perfect, it is real leather has cool pockets is a super classic bomber style ect. I would have gladly paid more for it although 78 is pretty steep especially considering it is american living (lets not get into the jc penny debate again though)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...KbwQJPvy/wy8pw/KQK18NSw=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

my next big investment will be copping these bad boys after christmas with some ebay money and hopefully a buttload of end of season discounts
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13315444

also shout out to anti rabbit on a crazy trade for the frye johdpurs I got so many pm's about! let me just check captoes, a barbour, some 7 folds and a western shirt off my list [​IMG]
    also forgot to post this earlier but I won some monogram sterling silver cufflinks for less than a 3 piece chicken nuggets (my dad steals them from me when he has big meetings)

[​IMG]
    also obligatory wiwt thrift fit
    cardigan inherited from grandfather, shirt lands end slim fit bought steep discount, j crew suede loafers thrifted (so were the shoe trees), gap selvage ebay, watch casio navy diver ebay, belt hickey freeman traded

[​IMG]
    if you bros think I am overdressed for highschool you should see the dude that wears bowties every day.... also the previous fit what the exception to the rule that i normally just wear normal stuff like this...
    sf hat thrifted, michigan shirt thrifted, black old navy skinny jeans ebay for super cheap, chucks ebay for super cheap
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Randy

Randy Senior member

PM'd!

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Jesus, why do you people hate me?

I'M WAY TOO COMPETITIVE NOT TO TAKE THIS WITH DEADLY SERIOUSNESS

Mother farkers.

I went out today as Beowulf to fulfill the quest set for me by Grendel. I came back with bags of stuff. But before you get excited, I failed. Sort of. Barbera Sartoriale by St. Andrews (I think), but unvented and besom pockets. Sulka, but very old tie and shirt, each of which that have damage. Trafalgar braces x2. Super old, super awesome Brooks Brothers Chesterfield. Some other stuff, but nowhere near the volume of awesome that's been extracted from my home state in recent days. (Plus I cheated; much of my searching was in New York). Passed on a very decent solid gray double breasted, dual vented Aquascutum orphan because I lacked the patience to search for the pants needle in the room-sized haystack of men's trousers. And on one of the nicest, most recent Isaia SCs I've seen recently because they wanted an absurd -- no, I mean like an order of magnitude plus above normal thrift prices -- amount for it.

7. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

dudes start going through your post histories. this is going to be epic.

8. catside

catside Senior member

Hah ha. Remember that I am in possession of the NWOT Kiton suit circa 2011, discovered by Troika and purchased by Mexicutioner and transferred to me.

9. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

[​IMG]

+1

10. troika

troika Senior member

11. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Two modest finds from today, both available

Hickey Gingham Work Shirt, XXL. For those unfamilar, Hickey was Hickey-Freeman's youth line. Unfortunately it got scrapped. They had a lot of nice stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    p2p 26
    collar 18
    sleeve 35

J.Press Wash and Wear sportcoat, fits like a 38
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    p2p 19
    waist 18
    shoulder 17
    sleeve 23
    length 30

12. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Can we start submitting?

(Not that I have anything that great anyways)

13. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

I bought a merino wool Theory sweater for $12, this was my 1st time actually buying anything from thrifting. Im kinda even surprised I found it. Also saw some brand new KMW jeans with red/blue selvedge but was definitely not my size (I can get it if anyone wants it). Hopefully I stumble across some more finds

14. concealed

concealed Senior member

^ size on the KMWs? I definitely would grab those! somebody here will want them, me if 34 :)

15. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

:wow:

16. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

one word of nomination: vicuna

17. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Muffler. Silk with wool/cashmere/wool and cashmere? backing. 50" x 10". No maker. No content tag. I'm thinking it's from a defunct local men's store, but who really knows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. troika

troika Senior member

Also I got some Lobbs and a bag full of hermes tie. Justtt sayin

19. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

2 people like this.
  20. grendel

grendel Senior member

Man, I wish I had anything to enter that was worthy of this competition. Closest I've come is probably the Purdey hunting jacket or W&G bush poplin safari jacket, and those are like 1/10th the find the stuff in this competition will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.