1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

'Tis the season for finding aloha shirts on the shelves of the thrifts...

I found a couple of keepers and a few sellers between yesterday and today.

Patagonia "Geometric Fish" Camp Shirt. Massively ugly, massively for sale on Ebay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paradise Found Shirts. Both for sale on Ebay. I like their shirts, but the plane one isn't my size, and the floral one is a bit too loud for my taste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tori Richard and Kahala Aloha Shirts. I'm actually keeping these ones. I like the more muted designs... TR are my favorite shirts in general, and even though this isn't the cotton lawn fabric, it's super-nice. The Kahala shirt is a new brand for me. I'd never seen them until today, and saw three today. One was my size...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

<><

All available.

Zegna jeans, not selvedge but awesome all the same. Top button has a kickass ball-and-socket feature. 30"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oxxford blue and yellowish-tan houndstooth check. Size 40. I think there's a stain by one cuff, but it's so small and similar in shade that it is impossible for me to tell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oxxford SC #2, Size 42 Blue black and tan twill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AE McCalisters in 10D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shout-outs to all the other college kids on their finals grind

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  3. chiron

chiron Senior member

HF MTM are sold at Nordstroms and others . But, due to NOOBS setting the price ceiling these 1500$+ suits can be purchased for pennies on the dollar on ebay.

4. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Dibs on the adderall.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

6. SomethingsFishy

SomethingsFishy Senior member

That bottle used to be full. Nuff said

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Ahhh the memories of the NES. Was not a major video game kid but damn I did hit that machine hardcore on a rainy day.

I particularly remember Contra and Super C, fucking piece of shit games too damn hard. Possibly the worst game in the world was Ninja Gaiden, that game made me break one of my controllers :lol:

I saw a boxed up Sega Genesis set the other day - it also had a cd attachment in separate box. Was tempted to buy but I believe that system sold so much I doubt there would be any value. I do not see myself keeping and hooking up to a TV.

8. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Lmfao

9. catside

catside Senior member

For concealed post, If it's not shrunk, shaggy dogs run a size large, so this may fit an XXL.

Horsey, it's red on mac.

10. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I've been finding some great ties lately - all are thrift finds except for the cashmere paisley RLPL (purchased at the RL Sample Sale) on the far end:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From left to right: RLPL, Brioni, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece (7-fold), Brioni, Brioni, Hermes, Polo Ralph Lauren.

Aside from these two (and the RLPL), the rest will be going to eBay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jamiebryant

jamiebryant Senior member

So I went out again today.
    I left a....

Brooks Brothers Country Club Black Blazer
    It was tagged a 44L and in Loro Piana Super 120s Wool.
    My dumbass left it because I thought that it was a part of a suit but some extensive research at home shows that they arent and maybe I should go back in the morning for it, hopefully its still there.

and on to the goodies...

Double Breasted Blazer. In like new shape....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike Ditka era Chicago Bears Sweater....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and while looking for the non-existant pants for the Brooks Brothers Blazer...
    Alexander McQueen Glen Plaid Navy Blue Trousers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

Awesome! Love that lavender windowpane

EDIT

Thanks! It's horribly ugly, just wondered as I didn't recognize the label and the silk didn't feel like a lot of cheapos do.

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I can totally hear my brother at age seven (in 1985) saying, "But mom, I love the Bears. I want this sweater!!"

He's a Vikings fan these days (something about moving to North Dakota and marrying a Minnesota girl).

14. los_face

los_face Well-Known Member

Hey Team,

I started thrifting a few months ago and have been learning a lot from this thread (brands, how to spot quality pieces). I try not to buy something unless it's a perfect fit but will take the risk if it's a big ticket item that I can flip on the bay to cover this habit.

Plenty of things to post from the past few months but I'll start with the few pieces I found yesterday.

First up is a pair of RM Williams boots (first time I've seen em in the wild and couldn't leave them) UK 6.5 or US 7.5. Available.
    [​IMG]

Picked up a recent 2 button, side vent, flat front charcoal Canali suit in 46L. Will probably put it up on the bay for a quick flip.
    [​IMG]

Pair of LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes (with original chain tread recently replaced with vibram soles) in 10M. Not Available since it's winter time.
    [​IMG]

Finally, I went to a charity thrift I rarely go to because it never produces and would definitely have left this behind if I did not see others pick up similar labels earlier this week.

Brunello Cucinelli 1/4 lined 3/2 blue blazer in 38R (48EU). Made of hemp with white contrast buttons and a ticket pocket. A tad snug at the moment but could be the perfect summer blazer so not available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

You're welcome

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

17. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Wait, what? You are giving your dad 16 suits for Xmas???!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Yeah, the whole series was fucking insanely hard!!!!!!!! Now, if you've beaten any of the Ninja Gaiden games without using a Game Geanie, that's something to brag about!!!

[​IMG]

18. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Great finds all around guys!

I'd also like to apologize for my lack of responses to PMs. I'm trying to do to many things at once, and am working from 8am to 3am everyday.

Big things to come. Not really thrifting anymore though. If anyone is really interested in what I'm doing business wise, feel free to PM/Email/Text.

19. CesarC

CesarC Senior member

So glad to not have to take finals anymore. I see all of the undergrads around studying for finals these days, and I feel simultaneous empathy and relief.

More seriously, if I were you I might be concerned about showing the label of that bottle. Is this a stock photo? If it's not, yeah.... I would blur it out or use a lower-res photo. Especially true if the name on that label isn't yours. Kids these days...

20. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Yeah hardest game ever, at least to my recollection. I reckon there would be more chance of beating Doom on nightmare setting using only your fists.

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.