• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Brought home the Corneliani ID jacket today but dropped it off at the green cleaners to have two very faint spots removed.

I'm pretty sure someone here scored a coat very similar to it a few months back. Modern design fall/winter coat. Removable tab collar, and a removable zip up section that makes it look as if you have a light sweater on underneath. Mine is black, 97% wool 3% cashmere, and the sweater section was 70 wool 30 cashmere. Ticket pocket still shut, working cuff buttons, but only on the top two, the lower two on each sleeve are still shut. Side vents and all kinds of awesome. Similar to their current O-Jacket, except completely different.
tounge.gif

Would keep it in a heartbeat if it fit, feels amazing. Euro 50R, available hopefully for trade? Pics when it arrives back home tomorrow evening. (VLSI, I'll shoot those shoes you were interested in tomorrow along with the coat).

This shop appears to be an odd honey hole, gonna have to go back regularly now. I pulled Brioni, MiuMiu, Collezioni etc from the racks, only to put them back for various flaws (One shirt appeared to have had the treatment done, the buttons were totally etched). The prices were above average thrift, but not completely unreasonable if something nice jumped out. They also seemed to have a **** ton of regulars, store employees knew half the customers by name. One middle eastern Jackie-O looking lady came in, kept the sunglasses on, and was led to the fresh rack I had just pillaged. "Oh we got in Miu Miu and Burberry and things you'll like" and then the employee looked at me as I held back the cheshire cat grin with all of it in hand. What was I supposed to do, they parked the rack in front of me when I was going over the jacket.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Henri Lloyd is a high-end yachting label if I remember right. Expensive wind-breakers, waterproof pants & jackets, etc. Nice stuff.
What size are those Oxxfords? :D

Nataku always comes through, you are an asset to SF. I really bought the Jackets because they looked like they had some quality to them. They have a "Robertson Stephens" patch on the sleeves, which after doing a little research was a huge investment bank that help start companies like "Mapquest, E-Trade, and retailer Bebe". Pretty interesting.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_Stephens

I believe the oxxfords are all custom with striped interior lining. They look to be around a 42 R but not 100% sure.

Wow! As a Ferragamo fan, I dream of a score like that. Would love to see some pics.

... and the best part is I got them for 1% of what they cost retail :slayer: Pics of the Oxxfords and the Ferragamo Ties will be up tomorrow!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nataku always comes through, you are an asset to SF. I really bought the Jackets because they looked like they had some quality to them. They have a "Robertson Stephens" patch on the sleeves, which after doing a little research was a huge investment bank that help start companies like "Mapquest, E-Trade, and retailer Bebe". Pretty interesting.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robertson_Stephens
I believe the oxxfords are all custom with striped interior lining. They look to be around a 42 R but not 100% sure.

... and the best part is I got them for 1% of what they cost retail :slayer: Pics of the Oxxfords and the Ferragamo Ties will be up tomorrow!

Glad to help as always! I've seen a few pieces over the years. It seems scarce here in the states. Sounds like a cool piece with the Robertson Stephens patch.

If they're a 42-44 ish I may be interested. :)

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perhaps Gruppo GFT
Pretty sure GFT is defunct, dead since around 2005, if not well before. Plus, that's not their tag. Their tag was rectangular, sometimes green, white and black, sometimes black and white, but always with distinct little boxes with lots of information filled in. Like this:

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
These weren't bargain basement priced, but they were thrifted at less than 10% of retail. NWOB Alden for Brooks Brothers black LHS penny loafers in shell cordovan. Most amazing of all..they're my size. Can't decide whether to keep them or not, but them being my size does mean I won't be selling them cheap.

Wow nice score man!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jorgeezy

Reaction score
Had a really good day thrifting. Found 4 recent Oxxford hand made suits, 13 Ferragamo ties, and a D'Avenza Pure Cashmere SC.
On another note I found 2 Henri Lloyd, anyone have any knowledge with this brand?

Looking forward to seeing those ties!

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from 5 days in Dallas.

Didn't have time to hit even a single thrift! :cloud:

Did Spoo hit 20K yet?

Did anyone get any free shirts in the mail?

I dunno.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are you going to wear them with? Pics!

Wow! Pics!

Being of Canadian heritage, I was thinking I might pair them with my Canadian flag cufflinks--wear a Mountie on one sleeve and the red-and-white maple leaf on the other. Especially on Canada Day, which, sadly, has already passed.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Being of Canadian heritage, I was thinking I might pair them with my Canadian flag cufflinks--wear a Mountie on one sleeve and the red-and-white maple leaf on the other. Especially on Canada Day, which, sadly, has already passed.
Don't worry, I hear they are doing one again next year. I should have those out today, and I'll send tracking info tonight.

Last edited:

hyakku

Reaction score

Just got back from 5 days in Dallas.
Didn't have time to hit even a single thrift! :cloud:
Did Spoo hit 20K yet?
Did anyone get any free shirts in the mail?
I dunno.

Yea dig, he started a new consignment site as well and announced it for 20k. Luxeswap, check it out.

Also meant to add, selvedge jeans at 29-30x30 or 32 I'm also looking to buy or trade for. And there have been way too many finds lately. I'm gonna go to at least one GW after work today, I'm tired of everyone getting all these finds without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads