The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

2. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

go for it and when you see a size 13 coming at you and the cart you know its Frenchy timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    and the guy i was describing didnt have a pissed off expression,he has a "I am about to piss myself expression"

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  3. grendel

grendel Senior member

... and when the cart rams your planted knee you know it's grendel [​IMG]

4. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

pfffft,the only thing that could hurt me are some of the outfits you post,as in retina damage

5. grendel

grendel Senior member

I'm honored you remember. Maybe one day you'll grace us with your thrift fit.

6. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

well i will be honest with you,i have enough clothes to fill your closet ten times over.but you know what i wear almost every day ,a plain white vneck tshirt with blue jeans (i lierally have like 30 shirts in different brands,some very cheap and some very expensie)
    i dress very plainly but like to balance it out with nice watches .
    but thats my look and i feel good in it,plus no retina damage.

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

I'm not looking for a fight, so I'm not sure why the hostility? Also not sure why you'd have thousands of dress shirts and hundreds of suits / sportcoats if you don't wear them.

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Re: the GW Versace pass:
    No, I do not. I've read the better part of the first 1000 posts on this thread, and definitely the last 1000+; from that I cannot divine what your response might be. Hopefully it's "good pass"...but it's been gnawing at me for a few days so serve up bad news if merited and I will live & learn to thrift another day.

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:lurk:

10. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

because you interjected yourself into mine and deadboys convo.
    because i used to wear them but now that i work for myself i can wear what ever i like,so its just sitting there.
    not to mention the stuff that i keep finding but have no time to sell (hence soon consigning with Spoo) because im busy with my non clothing side of business.
    now when i tell you its a lot,trust me its a lot.i have not sold anything on SF over a year or Ebay in over 4 but i continued thrifting it,because when you see a hermes tie or Brioni SC you pick that shit up irregardless.so do the math,lets say one item a day for 4 years,mmmmmmmmmmkay?

edit,obviously its not thousands and hundreds etc,but its getting out of hand.Spoo has been waiting over a week for a list and i dont even wanna start because theres a lot to go through,sorry Spoo i promise will get on that shit ASAP)

11. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Here's to banning carts from thrift stores--number one on the list of pet peeves, just ahead of wankers who don't take the hangers off and make the clerk do it while they just stand there as the line gets longer and longer. These are usually the same douche wads with carts full of crap. A close third are the ass wipes who leave shirts hanging across the top of racks, hiding everything underneath--is it really too much to ask to put the fucking shirt back where you found it if you're not going to buy, and why would anyone put a shirt on top of a rack in the first place? Does it improve eyesight?

I'd way rather deal with half-crazy folks who talk to themselves and anyone else within earshot (there are a few around here) than inconsiderate idiots (there are more than a few). Crazy people can't help themselves. Bad manners are inexcusable.

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I swear I'm already rocking the Einstein. Daily summer wear consists of vintage Hawaiian shirts, plain flat-front cotton trousers, comfortable shoes (Adidas, Vans etc). Zero thinking involved, pull & wear. Need a haircut so also wearing a ball cap when I go out. See me in the ATL thrifts, give the double-nose-pick sign.

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

Good to see the side of Frenchy / etc. who gets himself banned with anger issues is still there. Not sure why you decided to make this hostile, but whatever. I've got no reason to get pissy with you and nothing to gain but I sincerely hope you don't pull this stuff on people in person.

14. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

wheres the anger,you asked me a question so i answered it.
    plus to be completely honest,i wasnt gonna bring it up (and the fact it took this long is testament to that) you made a couple of wisecracks about my beautifull asian queen when i was timed out so you knew i couldnt respond,now that pissed me off..but the new frenchy let it go.
    for now.
    so dont push me.
    and yeah,dude your outfits are horrible.sorry man but thats just my opinon,this coming from a guy who wears teh same shit every day so dont fret.
    anyway,lets have a good time here,no hostility im good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.